You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

the players we're being linked with...

rebel23

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main problem is the signings from other Premier League clubs under Benitez (but also going back much further), Crouch, Yossi, Pennant, Bellamy, etc. have hardly been raging successes that makes me want to go back and repeat the experience again

if we end up wasting 20m+ on Barry, Bentley, Cattermole, etc. who i dont think are good enough and probably wont last 2 seasons or have sufficient impact then a lot of fans wont be pleased and once again we will be lamenting the lack of attacking options and saying "why didnt we sign Diego/Nasri/whoever" instead.

Besides, in terms of Barry, Gerrard is not going to play in behind when he's 30+ i.e in a few years and we've seen he can come unstuck against the top sides in that role anyway, he'll revert to CM again so what's the point? we should be looking at better attacking options not more midfielders... and thinking about the long term and proper team planning

as for Bentley well, people cite England performances but England are crap, he'd probably be an improvement on Kuyt mostly because he can cross (though with more attentive fullbacks and defenders up for their game of the season against LFC he wont find himself having as much space as he does in a Blackburn side)

Gareth Barry was on SSN just before talking about the speculation. He didn't say much, but it was blatantly a 'come and get me if you want me, Rafa' stance!

hmm...what did he say Ian? Was it a 'Im happy concentrating on playing well for Villa, but being linked to a top club is always nice'?

Gareth Barry was on SSN just before talking about the speculation. He didn't say much, but it was blatantly a 'come and get me if you want me, Rafa' stance!

Speculation? You mean the gay-rumours flying around? If so, what are you insinuating about Rafa?

hmm...what did he say Ian? Was it a 'Im happy concentrating on playing well for Villa, but being linked to a top club is always nice'?

'It's just speculation at the moment. I'm concentrating on Birmingham City (game) and trying to ensure that Aston Villa finish the season as best as possible. I'm not going to lie and say that I won't think about my future but at the moment i'm concentrating on football.'

Speculation? You mean the gay-rumours flying around? If so, what are you insinuating about Rafa?

Not that he's gay. Don't get me wrong, I reckon Rafa would definitely give Barry a dry power-bumming if it meant securing his signature. That's not because Rafa's gay, it's just the lengths (oo er) Rafa would go to, to secure a signing.

He's just that committed to the club.

Rafa isn't gay. Gayness is just another thing that he is the master of, when he needs it.

Or something.

every average premier league player must be licking their lips as us mugs Liverpool might come calling this summer, makes me sick.

I love how Rebel listed Kuyt as an 'off the mark' purchase whilst he easily the best player on the pitch for either side last round.

yeah Kuyt has a real long term future as a striker at Liverpool doesn't he? another example of not thinking through transfers, he lasted a year in his role before Rafa decided to buy someone a lot more expensive and top class

Gareth Barry, David Bentley... Rafa obviously wants 4th place pretty badly next season.

Two excellent players who will fit into our system perfectly.

It's either that or a Galactico policy.

Pretend that they're foreign and you've only heard about them on the transfer hype grapevine.

Don't start being a tart, Rash. Let's just wait and see?!!?!

Yeah I know let's wait and see.. but I don't see how Barry is an improvement on Xabi. Bentley is an improvement on Kuyt, Benayoun and Pennant but not by much distance....

Buy these types of players and the scrap for 4th begins in ernest.

We haven't bought anyone yet, Rashid.

Hence why I said IF we buy these players.... if we are going to buy English we should buy the best e.g. Joe Cole would be perfect on the right of a three.... I'd prefer not to buy the park bench tramp version of Beckham. Or the sewer rat version of Xabi.

Hence why I said IF we buy these players.... if we are going to buy English we should buy the best e.g. Joe Cole would be perfect on the right of a three.... I'd prefer not to buy the park bench tramp version of Beckham. Or the sewer rat version of Xabi.

Joe Cole is a cheating, diving cunt........

You want him in our team ?