You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

the players we're being linked with...

rebel23

nice one weeksie, im a cnut, knobhead, madman because I care about the club and dont want to see us wasting money

no doubt you never questioned Houllier's shite signings and called anyone who did a fucking idiot and were happy to let him waste TENS OF MILLIONS and set us back years, huh?

we definitely need to establish a quality benchmark and not allow a manager to waste resources

Leave The Love Doctor alone for fucks sake. :wallbutt:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasri has immense "upside potential", keep up.

one has more upside potential than the other.

if there was a young Joe Cole about we would all know about it, we would see him skinning people at 19, Bentley is NOT that we all know it and he is 23/24, he is a functional player at this stage and too expensive, in my opinion of course.

What the fuck is fucking upside po-fuckin-tential?

What the fucking fuck does 'upside potential' mean?

do you want functional players or do you want players who could be something better and become "special" / World Class/ best in their position.

i highly doubt Bentley will reach those heights, we need players who will and can grow with the team not just be functional and off in a few years

Rebel23 couldn't appear more mental if he wore a T-shirt with "HELLO, I'M FUCKING MENTAL" written on the front.

My highlights of the first two pages of this thread:

First of all, TK-thingio uses the force to predict what Red Nick's usurper is going to say in the very next post before Karl and Weeksie, the GF Techie Uber-Nerd (if he can't get it, who can?), uncannily read my mind with their posts. There then follows the maddest explanation I have ever read from Rebel "Spanners" 23, quickly chased down by a succint as ever summary from silverlining. Genius - seriously. I fucking pissed myself reading that little lot. Cheers fellas.

I like what Iv seen of Michael Johnson. Doesnt look like sven has any intention of selling him though. Well not unless ridiculous money was offered.

Have to agree with some of the earlier points that just coz they are english doesnt mean they are shit.

How often are people on here creaming themselves over foreign 20 yr olds who have 1 season in the firrst team playing for a mediocre team.

Probably a long shot but there has been a lot of speculation that joe cole has been unhappy at Chelsea for a while. Often on the bench aswell. He is one player I would spend big on without doubt. Think he is an extremely creative top top player.

Whether chelsea would sell to us - well probably not unless all the stars started fuckin off an player power well and truly took over

nice one weeksie, im a cnut, knobhead, madman because I care about the club and dont want to see us wasting money

no doubt you never questioned Houllier's shite signings and called anyone who did a fucking idiot and were happy to let him waste TENS OF MILLIONS and set us back years, huh?

we definitely need to establish a quality benchmark and not allow a manager to waste resources

we dont definately need to do that at all, its a matter of opinion not definates. My view is we need to have leaders who realise that when they hire a guy for his footballing track record and judgement then they should trust that persons judgement.

That doesn't mean you throw money around, but it means you set a budget and the manager has to work to that.

Houlliers got the sack because his judgement failed him in the last 2 years.

a) How many times do you need to make the same point, by starting a new thread? I've lost count of your 'transfer analysis' threads, at the very least why not just find an old one and add to it? Its not like your central point has changed?

b) There is no magic answer to winning football matches. No matter how much you think transfers alone will win you the league, it aint so. There are a thousand factors which add up to a successful team, buying the right players is just one of them.

c) You're basic premise of not buying English players is shite. I'd make an educated guess that there are English players who join clubs and don't make it, and there are foreign players who join clubs and don't make it. Equally, there are English players who are successful, and there are foreign players who are successful. Because you think you know a magic formula for guaranteed success in a player doesn't make it fact.

The truth is, lots of transfers are risky. Its a gamble: will the cheaper player do as well as the more expensive player? Will the foreign player do as well in a different league in a different country? Will the homegrown player do as well at another club? Will the expensive player deliver on his high price tag?

Watching youtube and observing player stats in Football Manager doesn't make you a gifted talent scout, and talking shit on the internet doesn't either. Being employed as a talent scout guarantees fuck all too, but if you surround the manager with people he trusts and understands, you've got a chance.

d) How do you establish a benchmark? What are the criteria? You're trying to apply quantitative methods to a qualitative subject.

e) its 'cunt'. If you're going to half use the word, you might as well use it properly.

Your irrational dislike of any player who doesn't fit into your obscure "policy" makes it difficult to discuss this topic. What is wrong with English players? Players like Lampard, Carrick, R.Ferdinand and J.Cole were all plucked from lower league teams and have all been instrumental in the success of their respective clubs.

Don't mention "the policy". I did, but I think I got away with it.

i'm glad you enjoyed it Paul but unfortunately it's no laughing matter when we could be shelling out 10m+ on players who are going to add little and be off in 2 years time or who just aren't good enough.

GRADY, Johnson is a decent young midfield prospect but really, should we buying midfielders or should we be looking at the right wing, the left wing and maybe the in behind position? there are priorities in my opinion and CM isnt one of them.

i'm glad you enjoyed it Paul but unfortunately it's no laughing matter when we could be shelling out 10m+ on players who are going to add little and be off in 2 years time or who just aren't good enough.

GRADY, Johnson is a decent young midfield prospect but really, should we buying midfielders or should we be looking at the right wing, the left wing and maybe the in behind position? there are priorities in my opinion and CM isnt one of them.

I think British Players should also be part of the policy....e.g. I like the look of that lad Derby forgot his name, I also liked that Welsh left Back at Spurs and so on...

First of all its nice to know what you would do if you were sporting director Rashid. I have always wondered that.

Second of all. If we had a sporting director in charge of signings, it would still be a person. We would still make bad signings. Its not a perfect science you know. The only difference would be that we might be buying players in a position that the manager didnt feel needed strengthening, and not in a position the manager want new player. Do you think that is a good idea.

And Your point about new managers wants new players. Do you think we shouldnt buy players because we might have a new manger in the future?

I agree, my priority would be a wide player/player who can play in the position Kuyt is playing in.

But to be honest with you Im not alonso's biggest fan as Ive said on previous occasions an I think he will be off in the summer or should I say It wouldnt surpise me if he was. If we still intend on playing this formation that would require us to get a centre mid to play alongside masch and behind gerrard.

Lucas has potential and I like the way he keeps the ball and his positional sense seems good. Whether he is good enough long term I think its hard to say. but either way we would need aother centre mid should alonso go.

I agree with u though that a top wide player needs buying. But if a player he wants is available in another position then cant see any harm with Benitez going for it.