You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

22 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think there's a reason we don't have a great FA Cup record under Klopp. The big games come at a congested time of the season and he listens to the medical team about minutes. Another manager leaves Szoboszlai and Salah on, risking them, but possibly to the detriment of the league campaign.

We still should've won, but it's tough at this point of the season to manage both the squad and games. Bit like the old adage about F1 being the art of winning a race in the slowest time possible, we were trying to eke out this game, do just enough, and it bit us. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right approach though.

the approach was right, agreed. The execution was sub par, but this is how tiredness works. A lot of our players are struggling for fitness.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

Jürgen is virtually perfect in my eyes and we certainly haven't had anyone more perfect manage us in a very very long time. But he picked the wrong team today. Hopefully there will be a positive comes out of that and it will galvanise those players.

Fuck galvanising them. We went out of the cup! Against Utd. We want people galvanised for that qtr final, not some game next year in a manager transition.

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

apparently a few knocks, gakpo, diaz and nunez.

to the head by the looks of it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

And United get Coventry in the semis, another kick in the swingers!

Didn't watch it , my mate said it looked dodgy as they didn't show the numbers when they drew them out 

That was shit.

We were never going to win a quadruple though and of the competitions left to win this was the one I would happily forgo.

Really hope the boys use this defeat and go and win that fucking league.

• Upvote 2

2 1 up with five minutes to go and that cunt scores, fair enough. 3 2 up with five minutes to go, just defend and don't do anything stupid, terrible decisions cost us, twice. 

Passed off to fuck at the moment, but positive to hopefully take is we know what these cunts will do in the league and that time we will actually kill the game, either by getting a third or controlling possession. 

Cunts

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Didn't watch it , my mate said it looked dodgy as they didn't show the numbers when they drew them out 

I just found the draw online, I couldn't watch it either.

No fucking chance like, but be funny if Coventry won it.

11 minutes ago, mike23 said:

Fair enough. You're right: the team has done wonders recently, and even the very best teams have games like this. It's why it was so incredible and unprecedented that we came so close to the quadruple 2 years ago. I'm just annoyed at the moment like everyone else. I was calling them all pricks at the final whistle because I was so angry with the way they twice threw the game away, but even in that moment there was a voice at the back of my mind telling me to stop being so ungrateful after all the other recent things they have done. I'll sulk about it for a bit this evening and then tomorrow I'll have moved on from it and be grateful for what's been achieved so far this year and be looking forward to the other games again. 

Fair play to you mate, we all feel like that but a lot of people post stuff in the moment and then feel they have to double down on it.

13 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Putting Tsimikas in front of Robbo would be more effective than having Diaz and Gakpo there

Diaz loves the wide part of left field, very much like a winger plays. As has been said, this effectively keeps Robbo deeper, and we lose a lot of what Robbo has to offer. If we want the best from Robbo, or indeed Tsimi, then Diaz probably has to move to the right…or even centre if Darwin isn’t on the field. They roam somewhat, but generally it’s Diaz left. 

As for Cody, I’ve given him plenty of stick in this game, but the bigger picture is that he’s not settled. He doesn’t always start, he gets moved around, and he looks out of sorts. Something’s not right, but it’s not all his fault. 

7 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Fuck galvanising them. We went out of the cup! Against Utd. We want people galvanised for that qtr final, not some game next year in a manager transition.

Next year? What about the matches coming up this year?  We're about to go into the most important set of fixtures in many a season and if losing today, against them lot and in the manner we did, gives us even half a percent more chance of winning the league I would take it every single time.

I sincerely hope this is the wake up call we needed, not that the boys have let us down many times this season, they have been magnificent. 

There was a touch of arrogance in our play today and I still cannot believe the way we managed the 2nd half of ET, we just needed to keep it tight and pick up the spaces. 

Quadruple was always a pipe dream IMO and in a way us going out here is ok as long as it makes the boys focus more. 

Just a bit pissed off that Klopp's last FA cup game ended like this against this shower of cunts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Next year? What about the matches coming up this year?  We're about to go into the most important set of fixtures of many a season and if losing today, against them lot and in the manner we did, gives us even half a percent more chance of winning the league I would take it every single time.

Klopp will want to reverse today in the league. He’ll be up for it, and the players will go again. That’s two games gone from the calendar - a semi and a final. It’s not much, but it might be the difference for the squad. We simply have to win at the Toilet next time. The Arsenal City game will be key to this season now, but we just have to win this game next time. 

20 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Yes because people's opinions cause score lines. It's a fucking forum. If you don't have an opinion what's the point of it,?

It's not just on here though, it's all over the shop. Always best to keep your mouth shut about dishing  out hidings prior to a game lest you end up with egg over your coupon 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, redinblack said:

The clue is in the phrase "if we don't throw in a stinker"

It's not rocket science.....

A stinker would have been an improvement on this. 

5 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I sincerely hope this is the wake up call we needed, not that the boys have let us down many times this season, they have been magnificent. 

There was a touch of arrogance in our play today and I still cannot believe the way we managed the 2nd half of ET, we just needed to keep it tight and pick up the spaces. 

Quadruple was always a pipe dream IMO and in a way us going out here is ok as long as it makes the boys focus more. 

Just a bit pissed off that Klopp's last FA cup game ended like this against this shower of cunts. 

Watched it with a united mate and u called it at 65 minutes. Arrogant is the word. Reminds me of us being 2 up at QPR in 2012 and playing tikka-taka and then getting done

On 15/03/2024 at 20:07, sir roger said:

Don't like the overwhelming sense on here that we only have to turn up to win.

Very, very rare in my long lifetime that we have strolled to victory at Old Trafford.

Can we just be a bit more humble for the League game, gents.

• Upvote 1