You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) - Sat 23rd Dec 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

My brother-in-law I'd an Arsenal fan. Nice guy but chats from his arse when it comes to footy. He reckons they'll twat us. We really need to win cos I can't be facing Christmas with him shite talking. 

Its possible they can beat us but we havent been beaten at home for almost two seasons so a pasting would be a bit of a shock. Alisson would have to have a shocker too.

8 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Like 2014, I think I’d quite like us to be 4-0 up after 20 mins tomorrow. 

I'd settle for this.

At least Arsenal won't stifle shit like those bellends last week.  Both sets of players should be up for it and so should the fans.  Whatever the bickering on the GF, I think we can all agree that we want Keir Starmer and Jeremy Corbyn to both be fucking miserable tomorrow night.  (Obviously, we all generally want Alan Davies and Piers Morgan to be miserable, too.)

Just get these beat, Reds.

• Upvote 1

Have always been conflicted over arsenal. The George Graham era they got on my tits, but seeing them take the league from Ferguson's mancs was like watching the Americans enter world war 2.

I do consider them a 'proper' club unlike the likes of Chelsea. And some of our matches against them at Higbury were boss, Fowler vs Wright. Top drawer.

• Upvote 1

I think these are better than we are. Rice was the right signing. No real idea what to expect from us other than if we play the hybrid thing we will mostly play shit but could still win. We are in a weird place as a side. It's hard to expect anything of us I think we are playing under the sum of our parts while at the same time some of our parts need a kick up the arse. I think I'd pick the side that faced West Ham even if  West Ham could be guilty of playing a major part in their own downfall that game.

I'd start Nunez.

Arsenal will come to have a go and there will be a chance to stretch them on counter and Nunez is a good option for that sort of situation - that in behind pace.

He's less effective in games against bus parkers IMO, but for me today he should start.