You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 17th Dec 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Robbie fowler was the epitome of "natural finisher", Nunez is no robbie fowler.

The thing that perplexes me more than anything about Darwin, is how he looked like such a natural finisher against us while playing for benfica. But let's all be honest for a moment, he's been pretty crap for us to date, and pretty much the complete opposite of what he was at benfica

He’s had moments really hasn’t he? Some great moments like, but all in all he isn’t what we need and his absolute sitters are almost on par with his “moments”.

Then throw in the absolute mind jarring stupidity at times, like not running for a fucking loose ball in the opponents area that he was favourite for. 

He’s not for me. I get why some are all in on him, but a lot of those opinions are based on him being unpredictable chaos or whatever - like a cult figure. 

Edit - I think @Section_31 had a go at me, and rightly so, for being snide about my feelings towards him, but he drives me mad and I can’t help it

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Curly said:

He’s had moments really hasn’t he? Some great moments like, but all in all he isn’t what we need and his absolute sitters are almost on par with his “moments”.

Then throw in the absolute mind jarring stupidity at times, like not running for a fucking loose ball in the opponents area that he was favourite for. 

He’s not for me. I get why some are all in on him, but a lot of those opinions are based on him being unpredictable chaos or whatever - like a cult figure. 

I can't disagree with anything you've wrote there. 

I'd love him to turn it around. But history shows you that very rarely happens, and particularly with strikers. They either hit the ground running, or they don't. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Curly said:

Edit - I think @Section_31 had a go at me, and rightly so, for being snide about my feelings towards him, but he drives me mad and I can’t help it

I find it baffling to be honest. We all want our players to do well but there is a point where you have to write them off. How many huge signings turn it around after 18 months at a club?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

I find it baffling to be honest. We all want our players to do well but there is a point where you have to write them off. How many huge signings turn it around after 18 months at a club?

I find the partisan level of in-house arguing that having an opinion can have bizarre. Like criticising Nunez draws it out at pretty high levels.

Pointing out you don’t think Trent is the hottest defender around is another example. 

I find it mad - it’s like the old “I’d hate/love him if he played for them/us” thing. I don’t get it - if someone is unlikable, he’s unlikable in a red shirt to me too. Diving cunts - couldn’t give a fuck if they play for us or not - they can fuck off. But that’s football and also what is known as a tangent rant

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Curly said:

I find the partisan level of in-house arguing that having an opinion can have bizarre. Like criticising Nunez draws it out at pretty high levels.

Pointing out you don’t think Trent is the hottest defender around is another example. 

I find it mad - it’s like the old “I’d hate/love him if he played for them/us” thing. I don’t get it - if someone is unlikable, he’s unlikable in a red shirt to me too. Diving cunts - couldn’t give a fuck if they play for us or not. But that’s football and also what is known as a tangent rant

I try to be as objective as possible but fan boys are gonna fan boy.

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

All this adjustment season stuff is bollocks, plus what was last seasons right off all about? Ferguson shipped out the old guard in 1995 and won the double the following season. Klopp has bought poorly all over the pitch. The replacements simply don’t look up to scratch.

Aren't we 2nd in the league and still in 3 cups.?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Screams of Nunez is brilliant everyone else is shit?

Or, more specifically, Nunez would be brilliant if Salah and Klopp weren’t so shit?

Salah can't score from the right touchline, which is where he normally receives the ball, surrounded by 4 players.  

We're presuming Klopp bought Nunez to score goals, lots of goals, but he can't do it without proper service close to goal. 

This site is beyond parody now.

We weren’t good, but we’re a point off top. You’d think we were bottom half looking at the unhinged shite on here.

There’s a legitimate debate to be had about Nunez, but he was literally the least of our problems there and his replacement missed an absolute sitter to win the game.

Wobble your fucking heads, you spoiled bellends

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, stringvest said:

We've replaced him with another player that predictably runs into trouble.  What makes it worse is you can see that most of the players are really trying, and it's just that final ball, or that final decision, is sloppy or wrong.  Tired minds as well as bodies.  That said, I don't think we have a world class front line any more - haven't for a few years, if truth be told.  

Mané - peak Mané - was irreplaceable. He played on the half turn, was two-footed and had genuine pace 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stringvest said:

We will need more energy, speed and nouse against Arsenal.  We don't have anyone with all of those attributes, sadly.  Still, it's coming up to Christmas, let's stay optimistic. 

Speed is the key thing. These games are coming too thick and fast for this squad. Tbh it’s the same for most other teams. It does dilute the quality though.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

This site is beyond parody now.

We weren’t good, but we’re a point off top. You’d think we were bottom half looking at the unhinged shite on here.

There’s a legitimate debate to be had about Nunez, but he was literally the least of our problems there and his replacement missed an absolute sitter to win the game.

Wobble your fucking heads, you spoiled bellends

Personally, I don't think we've been good at all this season. Our league position is freakishly flattering. 

Time will tell, of course... 

• Upvote 1

The inability to strike the ball cleanly was stark today.
We had several players in decent positions in front of goal and they hit the ball with less power than my 5 year old granddaughter could hit it with.

To be able to strike a ball correctly should be second nature to a professional footballer, as should be the ability to place a pass in front of the player your passing to, so it allows an attack or build up to proceed smoothly.

These are basics that should be done easily and especially because the pitch is like a bowling green.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Personally, I don't think we've been good at all this season. Our league position is freakishly flattering. 

This.

Needs to be said that we are still a team in transition/rebuilding.  That ever present front 3 of recent years has been broken up and likewise the juggernaught midfield we had.  I'm not convinced we yet have the players to win the league but I'd be fucking delighted to be proven wrong.  I think we are a Rice/Bellingham type player still away from it

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

The bar in terms of points total at this stage of the season is lower than in most recent years. We'd be 11 points behind our title winming team as an example.

It's hard to imagine nobody will outperform their first half of the season total in the second half though.