You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) Premier League - 3/2/21 - 20:15

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, aws said:

And nearly every goal we've conceded during this bad run has been freakish rather than the result of any defensive balls-up. 

This. West Brom, hits the post bounces into the 6 yard box then spins into the net. Been looking closely at Brighton's last night. Looks like Trossard hit it onto that Alzate who's swinging at it at the same time.

Fuck all is going for us and yes, I know you make your own luck. I think the team bus must have mown down about a dozen black cats!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This. West Brom, hits the post bounces into the 6 yard box then spins into the net. Been looking closely at Brighton's last night. Looks like Trossard hit it onto that Alzate who's swinging at it at the same time.

Fuck all is going for us and yes, I know you make your own luck. I think the team bus must have mown down about a dozen black cats!

I think Nat Phillips got a slight touch which meant it just bounced off the guy's leg into the corner. On top of this in the last run of matches there are dodgy penalties for Brighton and Burnley and a misdirected cross from Ings , whereas we have to score goal of the month contenders to get anything. As you say we arent playing well but we are also getting stiffed by the gods of football.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

By the way, Bissouma has developed very nicely. Good physicality, engine and quality on the ball. Also has a non-existent injury record. I don't know if he's one of those smoke screens we put out sometimes, but you can see why we'd potentially target him.

From what I’ve seen he’s quality. Strong, very mobile, good engine, quite good on the ball. Is his weakness perhaps the more attacking and creative part of it? 

3 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

From what I’ve seen he’s quality. Strong, very mobile, good engine, quite good on the ball. Is his weakness perhaps the more attacking and creative part of it? 

I think he has quality on the ball, but he's not someone you'd put near the goal anyway.

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think he has quality on the ball, but he's not someone you'd put near the goal anyway.

Depends where we plan to use him. Anyway I reckon all midfielders should ideally bring something to the attacking side of things. That’s one of the good things Fabinho added to the team, from a DM position he probided far more forward passing, an assist now and then and the odd goal as well. Not his main job in the team, but a nice bonus. From the other midfield positions we need more goals anf assists than most of our current lot bring, even in the current setup where a big part of their job is to let fullbacks attack.

15 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Henderson is our best midfielder and he played at centre half. He still does a job but he's also a massive loss to midfield and is like having a top midfielder out injured or suspended.

If Henderson is still our best midfielder from the dozen we have at the club I'd say that's part of the problem.

On 04/02/2021 at 20:33, JustTosh said:

So, my spellling (mignons for minions) is on the same level as the attitude of our football team? Not much comfort in that, I'm still fuming.

This nonchalant attitude we show when playing teams we are far better than does my head in. I'd like to shout: "It has to stop!", but I guess it's too late for that now. The train has left the station.

Wouldn't surprise me if we went on and won against Citeh on Subday. But for what purpose?

because they exist

20 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

If Henderson is still our best midfielder from the dozen we have at the club I'd say that's part of the problem.

So,after all he's achieved you still don't believe how good he is? Him,Fabinho and Thiago regularly playing as our midfield would put us in a far stronger position than now.