You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it time to start to question what's really happening?

Bruce Spanner

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Now this is tricky. Are you a fan of Heinz big soups, are you a big bloke who likes soup or are you a general fan of all soups ? 

I like Heinz big soups, I'm skinny as fuck & I'm a big fan of some soups but not others.

I also like Pollock, Dali, Magritte & Kadinsky.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Oh save it. My opener wasn’t bollocks. That was my reply. My first post on the subject wasn’t belittling, while your response was immediately arrogant - telling me you’re not 10. You are arrogant, it’s not a surprise to anyone, and. It to me. I also don’t care that you are. I simply think it’s worth pointing out when you’re using that word about others who are doing something they believe has merit to promote their cause. 

your waffle above is nothing more than hot air, frankly. I’ll step away now. Arguing with you is pointless and I have no interest in getting sucked into it.

all the best.

Yeah, and you don’t think I answered ‘I’m not 10’ because your post wasn’t condescending? Of course you’ll walk away, you’ve nowhere left to go other than to argue that throwing soup is good and fixing the problem is bad. Rather than saying - like any non-arrogant, reasonable person might - ‘you know what, I agree it’s better to fix the problem than throw soup’ you’ve chosen to go personal, avoid the topic, and be dismissive. It’s the go-to on here. Heaven forbid your first take wasn’t well thought out and heaven forbid you admit it. 

6 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, and you don’t think I answered ‘I’m not 10’ because your post wasn’t condescending? Of course you’ll walk away, you’ve nowhere left to go other than to argue that throwing soup is good and fixing the problem is bad. Rather than saying - like any non-arrogant, reasonable person might - ‘you know what, I agree it’s better to fix the problem than throw soup’ you’ve chosen to go personal, avoid the topic, and be dismissive. It’s the go-to on here. Heaven forbid your first take wasn’t well thought out and heaven forbid you admit it. 

Heaven forbid an issue doesn’t have a black and white, my answer not your answer solution.

No, my opening comment wasn’t condescending. Not unless you want to take offence as an excuse for your arrogance. You have a style, own it or don’t, but either way it is what it is.

I’ve made my point already, and you’ve chosen not to engage with it and reduce to “throw soup or stop climate change”. That’s why I’ll walk away. 

Life is hard enough without giving energy I don’t have today to this.

STOP OIL.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Well, yes... There's lobbing soup onto a pane of glass for one.

A bit odd that you took that out of the context of my post, where I mentioned that no art had been defaced in my next point.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Heaven forbid an issue doesn’t have a black and white, my answer not your answer solution.

No, my opening comment wasn’t condescending. Not unless you want to take offence as an excuse for your arrogance. You have a style, own it or don’t, but either way it is what it is.

I’ve made my point already, and you’ve chosen not to engage with it and reduce to “throw soup or stop climate change”. That’s why I’ll walk away. 

Life is hard enough without giving energy I don’t have today to this.

STOP OIL.

I hope you go back and read your first response, surely you can see that anything that starts with ‘you do understand’ followed by a very obvious statement has the potential to be seen as condescending? 

Anyway, this one has run its course. I have no personal issue with you, I just disagree. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Mook said:

A bit odd that you took that out of the context of my post, where I mentioned that no art had been defaced in my next point.

Yeah, no offence meant. I just get touchy about situations like this, where a false narrative overtakes the facts. Even though you qualified it, it's mad that any of us are even talking about whether it's ever OK to deface or destroy art, when none was destroyed or defaced.

I just worry that "Sunflowers got defaced" has the potential to harden into "fact" along with all those Channel "migrants", Ruth Smeeth being "heckled", Boris Johnson "he getting Brexit done", etc.

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

If someone tries to deface a piece of art, and fails, it's not much of a defence to point out that no art was defaced, is it.

I guess it depends whether they knew their actions wouldn't deface the picture, in which case I suppose it was a good way of getting publicity without doing any harm.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're twats.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I hope you go back and read your first response, surely you can see that anything that starts with ‘you do understand’ followed by a very obvious statement has the potential to be seen as condescending? 

Anyway, this one has run its course. I have no personal issue with you, I just disagree. 

Good god. Jacob Rees Moron.

9 hours ago, A Red said:

I guess it depends whether they knew their actions wouldn't deface the picture, in which case I suppose it was a good way of getting publicity without doing any harm.

Yep a pair of twats, as someone said they should take their protests to Riyadh and see what happens. 

I wonder if they have central heating or whether they got the train or bus to gallery? 

10 hours ago, A Red said:

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Why would anyone assume that they didn't know it was glazed?  

They didn't try to deface it.

A single act has united you two. Imagine.