You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

33 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

So far, injury free.

Performance wise, can’t tell. This display would send a glass eye to sleep.

Gareth Southgate does for football what Tommy Wiseau did for film.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nice of that fuckwit southgate to run Trent into the ground for nearly 90 minutes when he hasnt featured in a pre season game for us, isnt it?

What a cunt - lad has barely kicked a ball in 6/7 weeks...shouldn't be playing for those twats at all, but if is then eased in for half an hour or so at most.

Probably be unable to play for us at weekend now as a result.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

What a cunt - lad has barely kicked a ball in 6/7 weeks...shouldn't be playing for those twats at all, but if is then eased in for half an hour or so at most.

Probably be unable to play for us at weekend now as a result.

I’m not concerned. He got 2hrs competitive football in before our game on Saturday. He wouldn’t have gotten that staying with us. 

As long as he hasn’t picked up a niggle, I bet he starts for us on Saturday. 

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Shock news, micah richards tips city to take the title from Liverpool this season while Darren Bent says we'll finish 3rd.

It's not an unrealistic prediction, given we are running on fumes and haven't strengthened.

Added to the fact that we aren't prepared for the impending Covid absentees like City are with their star-studded squad.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

It's not an unrealistic prediction, given we are running on fumes and haven't strengthened.

Added to the fact that we aren't prepared for the impending Covid absentees like City are with their star-studded squad.

Why are we running on fumes? We had 3 months off, on the return we went essy on Trent, Mo, Bobby, Sadio and Robbo and then finished out season 3 weeks before City and Utd. The African and South American players have no international football this week, Shaq, Matip and Milner don't play for their international teams anymore. I really don't see where your coming from here.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, No2 said:

Why are we running on fumes? We had 3 months off, on the return we went essy on Trent, Mo, Bobby, Sadio and Robbo and then finished out season 3 weeks before City and Utd. The African and South American players have no international football this week, Shaq, Matip and Milner don't play for their international teams anymore. I really don't see where your coming from here.

In the pre-season matches I've seen Salah - Firmino and Fabinho look miles off the pace. 

It's going to be interesting to see our energy levels against Leeds on Saturday hopefully its like last season where we looked poor right up until the first competitive match. 

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

In the pre-season matches I've seen Salah - Firmino and Fabinho look miles off the pace. 

It's going to be interesting to see our energy levels against Leeds on Saturday hopefully its like last season where we looked poor right up until the first competitive match. 

I'm going from memory here but I seem to recall Klopp running the bollox off them on the morning of preseason games. Wouldn't pay any attention to It, all our German ped dealers have this boxed off.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm going from memory here but I seem to recall Klopp running the bollox off them on the morning of preseason games. Wouldn't pay any attention to It, all our German ped dealers have this boxed off.

Yeah this. They look knackered because they've been doing double shifts in training. 

It payed off last season aswell, we always seemed to have that extra gear to go into in the last 15 minutes just as our opponents were looking tired. All the late goals are proof of this. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

We certainly looked like we were before lockdown, and now we’ll have a more intense fixture list, so it’s not unreasonable to assume that if the season plays through without any breaks we may be facing a drop off towards the end.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We certainly looked like we were before lockdown, and now we’ll have a more intense fixture list, so it’s not unreasonable to assume that if the season plays through without any breaks we may be facing a drop off towards the end.

No arguments there, of course that's possible, what I don't get the remarks about running on fumes now though?

The way I see it is we are a million times better off than the competition. Our lads have had a holiday and a preseason. Chelsea, City and Utd haven't had either, certainly not enough time to completely switch off and relax the brain and whatever preseason they have had has been eaten up by the internationals.

Come November/December time we will start to hear noises of discontent from those squads, they have a years solid football ahead of them on the back of no summer break. Mentally they will fucked, we all remember how disastrous it was to draw a game became City never ever dropped points, that shoe is on the other foot now. They are up against a refreshed winning machine, mentality monsters that win very week, it is them that should be concerned.

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Yeah this. They look knackered because they've been doing double shifts in training. 

It payed off last season aswell, we always seemed to have that extra gear to go into in the last 15 minutes just as our opponents were looking tired. All the late goals are proof of this. 

Klopp can do one if he's sacrificing ANY Liverpool games by tiring out the players hours before kick-off.

He NEEDS to understand what this CLUB is all about.