You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The NHS

Dougie Do'ins

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

You're not having a good time are you. 

If it's a relapse or a flare up a week is no time in my experience I hate to say.

I know all this, mate. My previous two relapses lasted six weeks and almost three months but they both involved loss of function in a limb. I was still able to be a smarmy, piss taking twat. 

Steroids are still the first thing they prescribe, but in tablet form rather than through a drip. 

Ta for the advice as usual. It is appreciated! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Ever since the strike was announced twitter has been full of digs about tik tok dances by nurses and diversity manager's. 

And people say the media no longer have an influence on people's opinion 

Fuck the Tik Tok generation. Anyone would think nursing staff shouldnt find a little bit of respite when they've been dealing with death and other critical care issues all day, every fucking day and need something to relieve their stress levels a little.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck the Tik Tok generation. Anyone would think nursing staff shouldnt find a little bit of respite when they've been dealing with death and other critical care issues all day, every fucking day and need something to relieve their stress levels a little.

I genuinley thought no one would take such nonsense seriously but there is loads of "there were all doing tik tok dances 'whilst my dad died.

I'm always torn with this stuff.

I can say hand on heart I've never had a good experience in hospital nor have any of my family. The Royal is like a third world hospital, at best.

I do hate the narrative around the NHS that you're somehow supposed to be grateful for it, or that you're a pain in the arse for turning up at A&E. 

I know there's always been staffing and funding issues and all the rest of it, but it's not my fucking fault.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can’t he just admit that they are breaking it on purpose? Evil cunt 

It's normal people's fault for getting sick, mate. Can't they just use private health care like Hunt and his friends and family? He's a normal fella just like the rest of us...

Jeremy Richard Streynsham Hunt was born on 1 November 1966 in Lambeth Hospital, Kennington, and raised in Shere, Surrey, near the constituency he represents in Parliament.[9][10] He is the eldest son of Admiral Sir Nicholas Hunt,[11] who was then a Commander in the Royal Navy assigned to work for the Director of Naval Plans inside the recently created Ministry of Defence,[12] and his wife Meriel Eve Hunt, Lady Hunt (née Givan; 1937–2022), daughter of Major Henry Cooke Givan.[13] The Hunt family were landed gentry, of Boreatton, Baschurch, Shropshire. A cousin was Dame Agnes Hunt, pioneer of orthopaedic nursing.[14] Through a paternal great-grandmother, Hunt is a descendant of Sir Streynsham Master, a pioneer of the East India Company.[15] He is also a distant relative of Queen Elizabeth II and Sir Oswald Mosley.

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's normal people's fault for getting sick, mate. Can't they just use private health care like Hunt and his friends and family? He's a normal fella just like the rest of us...

Jeremy Richard Streynsham Hunt was born on 1 November 1966 in Lambeth Hospital, Kennington, and raised in Shere, Surrey, near the constituency he represents in Parliament.[9][10] He is the eldest son of Admiral Sir Nicholas Hunt,[11] who was then a Commander in the Royal Navy assigned to work for the Director of Naval Plans inside the recently created Ministry of Defence,[12] and his wife Meriel Eve Hunt, Lady Hunt (née Givan; 1937–2022), daughter of Major Henry Cooke Givan.[13] The Hunt family were landed gentry, of Boreatton, Baschurch, Shropshire. A cousin was Dame Agnes Hunt, pioneer of orthopaedic nursing.[14] Through a paternal great-grandmother, Hunt is a descendant of Sir Streynsham Master, a pioneer of the East India Company.[15] He is also a distant relative of Queen Elizabeth II and Sir Oswald Mosley.

Probably thinks that people who use food banks shouldn’t have televisions or mobile phones 

• 2 months later...
On 13/11/2022 at 19:00, Strontium said:

Like anything provided by the state, the NHS gives a service that is exactly as good as they feel like giving you. I have seen everything from very poor to very good healthcare for me and mine in just the last few years, it really is pot luck.

Yes, because when private companies provide me a service or product it's always universally incredible and they always respond incredibly effectively to any requests I have.

I also really enjoy the profit margins they make on me, particularly when I have a limited understanding of the service/product I'm buying.

My favourite thing is when said private firms collapse/ don't function, which always leaves me with multiple other service providers/product relayers in my local area.

I also find that there is often many different types of private enterprise I can access and never a monopoly, which is great.

Let me return to my mind creche as I have numerous other reasons why I love buying services from private firms in the glorious free market.

• Upvote 5

The NHS's main issues are:

-Lack of capital budget

-Lack of funds for ongoing services

-The demography of the population (loads of olds)

-The geographical spread of said demography in comparison to the working age population

-It's success in keeping significantly more parts of the population alive for longer

-The collapse of community care/primary care in part due to demographic pressures and significantly due to funding decisions made by Central government regarding council funds

-The UK's press environment, which doesn't allow for effective discussion of how population health and good quality lived years can be achieved

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

The NHS's main issues are:

-Lack of capital budget

-Lack of funds for ongoing services

-The demography of the population (loads of olds)

-The geographical spread of said demography in comparison to the working age population

-It's success in keeping significantly more parts of the population alive for longer

-The collapse of community care/primary care in part due to demographic pressures and significantly due to funding decisions made by Central government regarding council funds

-The UK's press environment, which is owned and run by the same evil bastards in goverment that couldnt give a fuck about 99% of the population living or dying and want to profit from the latter while profiting from their misery.

22 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Listening to Campbell and Rory Stewarts podcast the other day and apparently a qualified brain surgeon after 10 years training is on £24 an hour in the NHS, no wonder they're fucking off to private practice. 

But could he/she score a last minute winner at Wembley?  

This is why the world is fucked,the priorities are on the wrong things.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

Yes, because when private companies provide me a service or product it's always universally incredible and they always respond incredibly effectively to any requests I have.

Well, no it isn't, and no they don't, but then you have a choice whether to keep using them or go elsewhere.

Really missed your insane straw men though, keep it up.