You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The NHS

Dougie Do'ins

4 hours ago, Elite said:

I had something similar and it lasted for months, turned out to be a hydrocele. It's been gone now for over a year but I feel your pain, it's very unsettling and uncomfortable. Hopefully yours clears up.

Similar here. I still have mine but nobody but urologists touch mine so it doesnt really matter much.

• Upvote 1

went into the doctors this morning, and suggested that I should have a prostate exam as I'd never had one.  "OK, climb up on the couch and I'll do it now" he says.  Very little in the way of foreplay, tbh.  Quarter past eight and a finger up me hoop.  What a way to start the day!

29 minutes ago, stringvest said:

went into the doctors this morning, and suggested that I should have a prostate exam as I'd never had one.  "OK, climb up on the couch and I'll do it now" he says.  Very little in the way of foreplay, tbh.  Quarter past eight and a finger up me hoop.  What a way to start the day!

Receptionists need to stop doing that. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, stringvest said:

It's worth asking for the full PSI test Pete, to be sure. Bit undignified though!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stringvest said:

You did have to get a Jordan Henderson fan didnt you!

On 10/10/2022 at 14:47, Captain Turdseye said:

Getting these brain fogs happening now. It’s been happening again since Thursday but on a lesser scale. Can’t even begin to describe it really. That night I ended up in hospital was one of the strangest nights of my life. Some of the time I didn’t know who I was, where I was or what was going on. Every time I woke up it was like starting all over again. Totally bizarre.

Got an MRI and they’ve found some new lesions in my brain. I don’t know if that’s what’s causing my head to go all fucked up but the neuro can’t come up with any other explanation. 

This is the worst it’s ever been, man. It normally only lasts a few days but a week’s gone by now. For the last three days I’ve woken up thinking it was over and done with, gone (lightly) about my business and then crashed hard in the afternoon. It’s an improvement from feeling horrible all day but I just need it gone now. 

I could genuinely cry. I’m useless when I’m like this. I’m alright when I’m lying down looking at my phone or the TV but if I have to engage in real life conversation or do something physical I just can’t. Not an ideal situation when I’ve got the kids here. 

I’m sat here googling Adderall. Legal amphetamines basically. Anything to make it go away. It’s sometimes prescribed here for MS apparently, even though it’s mainly a drug for ADHD.

Every time I’ve asked my MS nurse for a specific drug she’s just written out a prescription straight away. Somehow I don’t think it’s gonna fly this time. 

Anyone got any whizz?

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You know when you just make it to the shitter in the nick of time? I’m like that but instead of running to the toilet I just desperately need to sit down. The couch, the bed, the stairs, the floor. Doesn’t matter what it is, I just need to be off my feet immediately. 

Have you considered you may just be lazy?

12 hours ago, stringvest said:

Stringy at 08:14

HastyHiddenBergerpicard-size_restricted.

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You know when you just make it to the shitter in the nick of time? I’m like that but instead of running to the toilet I just desperately need to sit down. The couch, the bed, the stairs, the floor. Doesn’t matter what it is, I just need to be off my feet immediately. 

this is a fucker John - hope this episode passes soon and you become your normal paln in the arse self soon x

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This is the worst it’s ever been, man. It normally only lasts a few days but a week’s gone by now. For the last three days I’ve woken up thinking it was over and done with, gone (lightly) about my business and then crashed hard in the afternoon. It’s an improvement from feeling horrible all day but I just need it gone now. 

I could genuinely cry. I’m useless when I’m like this. I’m alright when I’m lying down looking at my phone or the TV but if I have to engage in real life conversation or do something physical I just can’t. Not an ideal situation when I’ve got the kids here. 

I’m sat here googling Adderall. Legal amphetamines basically. Anything to make it go away. It’s sometimes prescribed here for MS apparently, even though it’s mainly a drug for ADHD.

Every time I’ve asked my MS nurse for a specific drug she’s just written out a prescription straight away. Somehow I don’t think it’s gonna fly this time. 

Anyone got any whizz?

14 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You're not having a good time are you. 

If it's a relapse or a flare up a week is no time in my experience I hate to say.

In my view the best thing to do here is to try to not let it get on top of you.

Easier said than done sometimes but worrying and stressing will more than likely slow down your recovery. 

I could be wrong here but as far as I'm aware there isn't a particular treatment for brain fog.

The usual treatment for relapses, or it was with me, is a course of steroids given intravenously over 3 days, but I'm not sure if that's an option here.

I'm not a Doctor though so what do I know apart from anger, frustration, worry and stress can all have a negative impact which is something you don't want or need. Keeping calm is.

Rest, recuperate and recover.

Look after yourself John.

• Upvote 1