You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

The Echo are quite weird about Henderson and Lovren, aren't they?

Even when Lovren was absolutely shocking in 2016 they were still writing articles about how "he's quality, just going through a bad patch" or whatever. I'm guessing it's because he gives them interviews all the time and someone there quite likes him personally or something.

I think you've nailed it there. Lovren's a bit of a meal ticket for them isn't he?

All in all though for me CB is towards the bottom of the shopping list. I don't think there's such a big drop in quality between Lovren and Matip, there was a time when Matip was clearly playing better in any case. He does have fitness issues but that's why he's 3rd choice.

Has anyone seen much of Brewster?

If Klopp is genuine about not signing a striker so he can play games then he must be good. Definitely needs to be more Rashford than Solanke.

He’s more Fowler than either.
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone seen much of Brewster?

If Klopp is genuine about not signing a striker so he can play games then he must be good. Definitely needs to be more Rashford than Solanke.

Paul's not wrong, he's a lot more like Fowler than either. However, scoring loads of goals at youth/U23 levels is a different thing to doing it at the highest level, as we've seen with several players over the past couple of decades. He has as good a chance as anyone at being very, very good, though.

I will say that I still think Solanke could turn out to be very good. He's the sort of player who might need a loan to get some experience because his underlying numbers are excellent, just needs to get the goals and assists to go with it. I doubt he'll go out on loan next season, though, because it would be pretty risky to go into the season with only Firmino and Brewster as true centre forwards.