You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Liverpool are prepared to walk away from a deal for No 1 goalkeeping target Alisson after failing to find common ground with Roma in negotiations. Also still pursuing a deal for Xherdan Shaqiri, according to @eaamalyon

#LFC are ready to open talks with Lazio for their goalkeeper Thomas Strakosha. He's valued at £26m. [@ilmessaggeroit]

GraemeBailey[/b] 13s13 seconds ago

More

Sources close Real Madrid believe they have narrowed down their goalkeeper search to Courtois and Alisson - https://goo.gl/G7nUuR - Both players want the move...

DeanJonesBR

More

Madrid now reported to be closing in on Alisson. Fits in with what Roma expected to happen—am also told the player has reservations about living in Liverpool.

I can evaluate him on every one of our keepers turning to shit over the last 9 years. Mignolet thanking his wife during his only upturn in form. Non of our ex keepers having anything positive to say about him. All of them being perpetually mentally weak and lacking leadership qualities during games. Non of the defence showing any confidence in them. Also every piece of footage of his training showing appalling sessions. What else is there to evaluate?

For a start Klopp doesn't train the goalkeepers. They train on their own. I don't know how he can evaluate them if he isn't there to see what's going on.

I'll ask again as you've only stated what you are evaluating him on, but to be clear, you can evaluate Achteberg, but Klopp can't?

• Upvote 1

He may of done, I haven’t followed his career, if he did it wouldn’t be for geographical reasons. The place has a DNA pool that has spread from about fifteen people.

It’s infectious as well. I know a lad who was perfectly normal until he moved down there and started breathing the air. He only moved because his missus got a job there but within a few months he’d had a nervous breakdown and contacted Social Services to tell them he was having thoughts about harming his infant son.

Scientific proof that Stoke is bad for your health.

He's definitely the root cause of all our keepers being utter shit. How Klopp doesn't see this I don't know.

It's not just Klopp. He's been under the Owl, Kenny, Rodgers, and now Klopp.

They love his "work ethic" apparently, because he shows up early and leaves late

.. Except he's shit whilst here

You're in denial if you don't think Acterberg is causing it. Mignolet statistically was ranked one of the best keepers in the league for 2 years in a row before he signed for us.

Mignolet was fucking shit and always has been.  You only needed to watch him play to see that.  Acterberg should have been fucked off under Rafa.

I can only talk for myself Tone. Wonder what Salah will make of living in the City when Madrid come calling.

We’ll see, I guess.

We need to start winning stuff again. Problem is, whilst winning the FA Cup or League Cup would be a step in the right direction for us, all trophies aren’t equal and top players crave league and Champions League winners medals.

I'll ask again as you've only stated what you are evaluating him on, but to be clear, you can evaluate Achteberg, but Klopp can't?

Klopp gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. He puts too much trust in some of the players and staff. Some of them perpetually let him down and he still trusts them in spite of it. Case in point Lovren, Karius, Mignolet, Moreno, Henderson, Acterberg, Ings and Sturridge.

Klopps decision making is not infallible. If Klopp thinks Acterberg is good enough it doesn't mean Acterberg IS good enough. I choose to evaluate the stats rather than making presumptions about how Klopp feels about him.

Klopp gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. He puts too much trust in some of the players and staff. Some of them perpetually let him down and he still trusts them in spite of it. Case in point Lovren, Karius, Mignolet, Moreno, Henderson, Acterberg, Ings and Sturridge.

8 changes in our starting line-ups between the 2016 and 2018 European finals, with only three of the players listed above starting against Real.

Since then, a new central midfield wrapped up early in this window.

He trusts the players he has at a given time, but he's ruthless enough when he needs to be.

• Upvote 1

Klopps decision making is not infallible. If Klopp thinks Acterberg is good enough it doesn't mean Acterberg IS good enough. I choose to evaluate the stats rather than making presumptions about how Klopp feels about him.

I mean, you still haven't answered the question...

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone makes bad decisions, but Klopp is in a far better position to evaluate Achterberg than anyone on here.

I mean, you still haven't answered the question...

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone makes bad decisions, but Klopp is in a far better position to evaluate Achterberg than anyone on here.

Right, and no one will argue that point, but we can all ponder why every goalkeeper that achterberg has worked with is fucking shite.