You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

There's a ref on the pitch and laws of the game, you get away with what you can. Ramos has about a million red cards in his career, so he doesn't get away with it every week and takes the punishment that comes. Our best teams went as far past the line as they could get away with. Most winning teams do. I'm good with it. If that's cheating, I'm good with that too. I much preferred the days when we won finals than what we have now.

I make Doyle dead on here...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-should-sign-real-madrids-14714729

• Upvote 1

Milinkovic Savic would be a revelation for us. Everything we need. He's the player Emre Can thinks he is.

He’s literally unbelievable for his age and size but he won’t be coming here, he’s too expensive already and if he stays at Lazio and has another season like he did then he’ll end up costing about £150m. He’ll end up at Utd I reckon, when they realise Pogba isn’t as good as there thought he was and sell him they’ll replace him with SMS.

Not convinced Oblak is an attainable target. Are we actually a much better proposition than Atletico right now? They've been winning more than us, and have been in three European cup final in the last five years. Money talks I guess but I wouldn't be surprised if he would rather hold out for the likes of Real, Barca or PSG.

Also, I think it's utterly ridiculous to judge Alisson in those two games against us. These were probably his worst games of the season and even then there's not that much he could have done about the goals. Like judging Salah on his away performances against the mancs or Chelsea. He has been sensational this season, up there with De Gea and Oblak. And, he is as complete a goalkeeper as you can get. So, I can definitely see why Jurgen may be taking a VVD-like stance on him.

Who is Juventus signing to replace Buffon?

I doubt they could afford Oblak or Allison, Donnarumma?

Top sides apart from ourselves are not in the market for a GK. Which leaves us as the only candidates for Oblak and Allison in England. Unless Real Madrid get rid of Navas there are no options for them in Spain either. PSG just signed or are on the verge of Buffon right... money talks now, and we should have loads of it right now. Aswell as a real buzz around the team.

Mattia Perin. Would be a good cheaper option for us. Bit injury prone though.

Not convinced Oblak is an attainable target. Are we actually a much better proposition than Atletico right now? They've been winning more than us, and have been in three European cup final in the last five years. Money talks I guess but I wouldn't be surprised if he would rather hold out for the likes of Real, Barca or PSG.

Also, I think it's utterly ridiculous to judge Alisson in those two games against us. These were probably his worst games of the season and even then there's not that much he could have done about the goals. Like judging Salah on his away performances against the mancs or Chelsea. He has been sensational this season, up there with De Gea and Oblak. And, he is as complete a goalkeeper as you can get. So, I can definitely see why Jurgen may be taking a VVD-like stance on him.

Could it not be argued that Allison bottled it when it mattered?

He wasn't at fault for any of the goals that i remember. Made a few good saves but you could have Schmeichel,Clem or Yashin in goal if would make little difference at times.

To be fair mate how many times over the years have we seen top quality keepers beaten 5 or more times in a match, it happens 1 or 2 bad games over the course of a season or so is probably the "norm" for most players ive seen De Gea and Curtois concede when they shouldn't have back in the day Schmiechel conceded 5 at Newcastle and Southampton at the time he was supposed to be the best in Europe what im saying is Allison conceding 7 against us in 2 games just means we have a great strike force who most teams in Europe struggled against this season we've put 9 past City who are supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.

It is ok saying Allison could not have done anything about the goals we scored but there are plenty of other good strikers out there as well. So when they put 2 or 3 goals past him do we go oh it is ok because so and so is a brilliant striker. What worries me about Allison is that the goalkeeper Wenger jettisoned from Arsenal kept him out of the Roma side while he was there.