You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sevilla (a) CL - Match Thread

Bjornebye

Rio’s talking shit. The result wasn’t due to individual errors. Moreno’s mistakes were woeful.. but the whole team were absolutely shit. Have a look at pass completion stats... Coutinho 56%, Hendo 56%, Firmino 55%, Milner 53%... Funnily enough only Lovren could walk off the pitch with his head held up high.

Read back some of the last few match threads and there were plenty singing his praises,

For me he is shit defending and looks a useful player going forward against weak teams that offer little threat down his flank, That said in attack his final ball or decision is often poor. He doesn't learn either and I think he is genuinely feeble in the brain department,

That would be because he's been great all season.

Now if we actually spent some money on a decent left back rather than playing a shot Milner there or a bang average cheap player from Hull, moreno might not be playing. But we haven't, so you may get used to his flaws and hope it's another four months before you've a chance to point out how shit he is.

Fortunately that 2nd half abortion has cost us nothing..

Moreno, panicker, heads gone, heads gone, like a guinea pig before a viper.

Wijanldum, return of the invisible man. NEVER play this lad in an away game. he does nothing. Seriously nothing.

Henderson, thee most inept pathetic shithouse captaain's performance I can ever recall. He's all bluster, a total show pony, another panicker without any bollocks whatsoever.

LEADERSHIP ZERO.

No!

It’s confirmation bias.

He’s been superb, but he became a father this week, it’s going to affect the soft shite.

He’s really matured this season, coinciding with the timing of the pregnancy, he’s obviously got his head around ‘maturing’, and yet he’s played two games and gone abroad since his child was born on Saturday morning.

These aren’t robots. You find that out by rational thought or you find it out the way Klopp just has.

He hasn’t been superb at all. None of our defensive players have been superb. Moreno has been better than he used to be, and by some people turned «not shocking» into the new «fine».
  • Upvote 1

The problem with this team has always been more midfield than defence.

Headless chickens that offer fuck all going forwards or protecting the defence.

Neither Can, Henderson or Gini are good enough for me.

The 3rd goal summed it all up for me. Can supposed to be marking the scorer zonally, but walks away from him on the 2nd phase.

I would sell all of the fuckers and start again.

When the going gets tough, they fucking evaporate.

• Upvote 1

As for Moreno, he continues to impress. He actually is a changed man, it’s one of the most remarkable turnarounds I can ever remember. He’s going to do something stupid eventually, but when he does I’m not going to see that as proof that he’s still the same brainless idiot he was before, because he’s not.

He’ll make a mistake soon probably, everyone does, but there’s enough body of evidence now to see that he has improved. He’s become a seven out of ten man, with the occasional eight thrown in. I don’t think he’s dipped below that at all this season and he deserves a lot of credit for what he’s done. He even missed the birth of his son because of this game. Consider me now won over.

source.gif

"God damn you, Usher! Damn you to hell!"

Rio’s talking shit. The result wasn’t due to individual errors. Moreno’s mistakes were woeful.. but the whole team were absolutely shit. Have a look at pass completion stats... Coutinho 56%, Hendo 56%, Firmino 55%, Milner 53%... Funnily enough only Lovren could walk off the pitch with his head held up high.

Agreed. We were sitting far too deep and the players had zero space to make anything happen on the counter. The popular view will be that a few players cost us the game, but the problem was much bigger than that. Sevilla were bumming us going forward all game long.

Fortunately that 2nd half abortion has cost us nothing..

Moreno, panicker, heads gone, heads gone, like a guinea pig before a viper.

Wijanldum, return of the invisible man. NEVER play this lad in an away game. he does nothing. Seriously nothing.

Henderson, thee most inept pathetic shithouse captaain's performance I can ever recall. He's all bluster, a total show pony, another panicker without any bollocks whatsoever.

LEADERSHIP ZERO.

It potentially has. Lose at home next week we're out. Nothing would be more Liverpool than that.

We can't defend high middle or fucking low. Thought we'd seen it out after can and Milner came on. We weren't conceding much in the way of chances. However, the corner that led to the goal was caused by mane and hen fucking around with it instead of launching it. All 6 goals were horrendous from a defensive point of view. Why do we fucking bother. A nothing game in the wider context as a draw isn't the worst result but that feels like Bournemouth all over again. Car crash panicking all over the gaff. Cunt the cunt off

Can’t be fucked reading the last few pages but our defence reverts to type under the slightest bit of pressure and fold like a pack of cards, collectively they do it, it wasn’t just Moreno or Lovren it’s as a unit we just collapse. On a positive I thought Karius had a good game and wasn’t at fault for any of the goals.

It’s funny how when we were cruising at 3-0 this thread was only 8 pages on Tapatalk and we’ve had about 5 pages since the final whistle.

That would be because he's been great all season.

Now if we actually spent some money on a decent left back rather than playing a shot Milner there or a bang average cheap player from Hull, moreno might not be playing. But we haven't, so you may get used to his flaws and hope it's another four months before you've a chance to point out how shit he is.

Robertson should have had some more game time . He may be OK, 

I guess we will now find out and on the plus side Moreno won't be having his epiphany moment in the Chelsea game

Can’t be fucked reading the last few pages but our defence reverts to type under the slightest bit of pressure and fold like a pack of cards, collectively they do it, it wasn’t just Moreno or Lovren it’s as a unit we just collapse. On a positive I thought Karius had a good game and wasn’t at fault for any of the goals.

It’s funny how when we were cruising at 3-0 this thread was only 8 pages on Tapatalk and we’ve had about 5 pages since the final whistle.

Lovren was one of our better players tonight...

Guest Pistonbroke

TBF, the midfield went missing and offered bugger all protection despite sitting deep. This meant when we got the ball back we were still inviting pressure onto ourselves as we had no outlet. Moreno was fucking shite mind, he single handedly gave Sevilla a way back into the game with one of the worst 10 minutes of football you are likely to see.

Oh, my daughter is back.....off to check car and quite possibly....nah, she'll be fine. 

The first goal is 100% on moreno, he fully deserves the abuse.

The second one though I think people are being a bit harsh, if it's the other way around and moreno passes it back to coutinho on the edge of the box and phil gives away the penalty people would still be blaming moreno for it for passing it into a dangerous area. Plus the ref was a cunt.

Third the entire team is at fault, it's schoolboy stuff, stoppage time, around the penalty area is the most dangerous zone, defend it.

Not only did one of our players pass it into this danger zone, this zone was entirely inhabited by sevilla players why wasn't any of our players in there to clear the ball?

Cunts, it's turned what should have been a dead rubber to rest players and give others game time, into a dangerous game against moscow who are going to treat it as a must win.

We deserve to go out! We're just not clinical and disciplined enough against the better sides!

When you look at the games in our CL campaign, it's absolutely unbelievable we haven't yet qualified for the knockouts.

We must be one of the stupidest sides in the world and we played like a small club tonight.

We don't deserve to go out at all. We're top of the fucking group.

If we do go out, of course we will deserve to go out. Top of the group at the moment will mean fuck all if we lose next week.

We've drawn 3 games, all of which we should have won, especially having leads in both games against Sevilla.

This group should have been a breeze.

• Upvote 1

From the spirit of Istanbul, to the lack of spirit of Seville. You can have all the skill, speed and organisation in the world, but if you don't have the character and spirit, then you're fucked. 

Now this isn't the worst result in the world, I bet most would of took a draw before the game, but this is about the manner of the draw and that I think, hurts the most for all.

As a team and squad, we have to look beyond ability and start looking at attitude. Ours (and this predates Klopp) has been defeatist for far too long. We have to start acquiring players who want to, and believe - they should win. Not self serving I've arrived, football players who think that by signing for our club, they have arrived.

We all dream of a team of Carragher's?..... I dream of a team of Characters.