You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sevilla (a) CL - Match Thread

Bjornebye

Give the Moreno bashing a fucking rest eh. He’s just become a father, he should have been the time off for fucks sake, we had ample cover.

Ha ha,  you must be on a wind up. Here ... look...... Here's the worlds smallest violin.

Thats 2 atrocious games against his former club, who knew exactly where our weakest link was who would have thunk it.

• Upvote 2

Moreno was due a performance like that after his recent press coverage...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/16/alberto-moreno-interview-attack-changed-liverpool

he was talking about how he’s worked on his defending. What I find it hard to believe is the amount of our fans that got sucked into thinking he’d changed.

A run of good form from lovern next and we won’t need to buy a CB in January.

Ridiculous, but it showed everything about this team that we already know. Great going forward when it is going well. Dodgy at the back when teams have a go.

Moreno back on the naughty step. The recent call up to the national side and his better form this season might generate some interest. I was as pleased as anyone with the improved form this season, but Robertson should get the nod and a run in the side to show us what he can do. The need for a top CB evident. VVD in January please. Question marks over the midfield and our ability to control the game too. Slight question marks over the wasteful forwards too, as we could have added another and won that.

Frustrating on so many levels, but it only confirmed what we all know.

Mane was immense 2nd half. Pretty much single handedly stemmed the tide with his running. salah was decent; firminho lacked the pace to move the ball around. Can calmed things down a little. Banega is the archetypal mercurial south american; cut right from the Ortega cloth in how tempremental he is.

Defence needs reinforcements in January. Only so many times it can be written but the lack of investment by the club into that area of the pitch is laughable. I guess it can hold up against West Ham/southampton etc. but when the momentum is against you at a ground like that you need to have experience, toughness and ability in that part of the pitch.

Guest Pistonbroke

We lost tonight because this midfield is incapable of killing a game. 3-0 up thy shit the fucking the bed. Pathetic.

I've got some smashing news for you mate. 

We scraped a draw in the end....yay...

Give the Moreno bashing a fucking rest eh. He’s just become a father, he should have been the time off for fucks sake, we had ample cover.

He should be given all the time off to look after his son. He should be given time off until his son gets marriied, becomes a parent, a grandad, a great grandad, a fucking great, great grandad. Alberto should be given every fucking day off from playing for Liverpool ever again.

That may be so, but Moreno is a constant liability.

You'd agree with that wouldnt you?

No!

It’s confirmation bias.

He’s been superb, but he became a father this week, it’s going to affect the soft shite.

He’s really matured this season, coinciding with the timing of the pregnancy, he’s obviously got his head around ‘maturing’, and yet he’s played two games and gone abroad since his child was born on Saturday morning.

These aren’t robots. You find that out by rational thought or you find it out the way Klopp just has.

Read back some of the last few match threads and there were plenty singing his praises,

For me he is shit defending and looks a useful player going forward against weak teams that offer little threat down his flank, That said in attack his final ball or decision is often poor. He doesn't learn either and I think he is genuinely feeble in the brain department,

Well, I more or less fully agree with you.

Hard to argue with any of that, and I'm usually stupidly optimistic.

Probably get stick for it but it is sadly the truth - was talking about it the other day....until this team shows it won't collapse when it really matters then the belief and trust is just so difficult to have...

We do it over and over and over again when it comes down to it - winning the group and qualifying is in our own hands with a 3 goal ht lead and it is just a case of seeing it through and getting it done....we collapse and of course in true LFC style it is largely self inflicted.

It is horrible, it is horrible to have to say it but lets face it it is just what we are and we keep showing it time and time again - usually when it really matters or just when we look like we might be turning a corner.

I am convinced it is as much an attitude thing as it is ability - big worry now is that as often happens we now go on another bad run after a collapse like this.

We are a streak team aren't we.

We also just can't be trusted - how many of us just thought here we go when that corner came in at the death?

• Upvote 2

Our mentality is so weak, is Klopp not tired of us shitting our knickers at the first sign of pressure and having to hook the likes of Lovren and Moreno because they've lost their heads and become so atrociously bad he can't keep them on the field any more?

I'm seriously worried about next week now, because if we go into the Moscow game quivering and giving easy chances on a plate because we're nervous we're going to lose and go out.

I'm not even shocked. At 3-1 it felt like we were in a tailspin, and for all his plaudits, Klopp has rarely shown any aptitude for correcting that through tactical decisions. Banega bummed us and at no point did it look like it dawned on anyone what was happening.

We go through decent patches of keeping clean sheets by playing fortuitous runs of fixtures against shite, but the cracks are always there.

I'm not even sure you can lay this entirely at the foot of the defence, as there was nothing in front of them. Luckily we could look to the bench and bring on the Ox...

• Upvote 1