You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sevilla (a) CL - Match Thread

Bjornebye

When the attack scores 3 (again), and the defence concedes 3 (again), I'd say the defence is a pretty glaring issue. You can whimper on about 'character', 'steel', 'balls' and any other intangible adjective while Peps team of physical midgets march forward with 17 wins down the road. It comes down to ability -- and it is a lack of ability why we've conceded 12 in our 3 tough away games this season, and a lack of ability is why our players in those positions generally cost a few million £ each (if that).

Attack is pretty fucking sensational though (City are flipping the scales this season .. but any normal year and we're right there at the top on that front), so who knows what's possible. Quarter final birth would be my bet.

One end of the pitch has a probable value of £200-250 million. The other MAYBE £30-40 million depending on who we trot out. Anything but a team game for us. It is incredibly, incredibly lopsided.

Not arsed about 'pep' and why would I be on a Liverpool forum. 

And ask yourself this, what got us over the line in 2005, millions of pounds worth of talent or character and belief?

If you think buying player A, because he's worth X  will guarantee success, then you're sorely mistaken. Price tags don't make great teams; ability yes, plays a part, but character and the will to win do. You can't put a price on it, you can't train it in to people, and without it, you won't win a carrot. 

Last nights debacle wasn't down to just ability, it was mainly down to character and its something we've lacked for years. 

• Upvote 3

Klopp has now said himself that he maybe should have changed things earlier which I’m glad to hear. It was clearly the issue for me. I know he’s trying to protect Moreno by saying it but essentially he is saying he should have took him out of the firing line once the performance began to drop and his head went. It would have killed the game had he went off earlier along with Can coming on.

Klopp has now said himself that he maybe should have changed things earlier which I’m glad to hear. It was clearly the issue for me. I know he’s trying to protect Moreno by saying it but essentially he is saying he should have took him out of the firing line once the performance began to drop and his head went. It would have killed the game had he went off earlier along with Can coming on.

Klopp being slow to make substitutions is my main criticism of him.

Hopefully now he's recognised that, he will try to improve himself.