You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

In a different league at a different club with differences such as pressure, weather etc etc.

Not sure how valuable a lot of these stats are.

I loathe non football men using computers but each to their own.

You have just ruled our your opinion on anything.

"A surprise name, perhaps, but it is interesting to note the role Achterberg plays in the scouting and recruitment of goalkeepers at Anfield – as well as their coaching. The Dutchman is known for having an encyclopaedic knowledge of goalkeepers from across the world, and his opinion is both sought and valued by Klopp. Achterberg is sent to scout players and is heavily involved in video analysis of prospective targets. With Liverpool almost certain to recruit a new No.1 in the summer, expect him to be involved in the process."

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2

"A surprise name, perhaps, but it is interesting to note the role Achterberg plays in the scouting and recruitment of goalkeepers at Anfield – as well as their coaching. The Dutchman is known for having an encyclopaedic knowledge of goalkeepers from across the world, and his opinion is both sought and valued by Klopp. Achterberg is sent to scout players and is heavily involved in video analysis of prospective targets. With Liverpool almost certain to recruit a new No.1 in the summer, expect him to be involved in the process."

tenor.gif

So was he involved in signing all the keepers at the club who've been shite for years?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

The eyes say "HELP ME! HELP ME! HELP ME!"

TbSuae3.jpg?1

I hate Warnock, but you can’t get away from the fact he’s a fucking good Manager. I heard an interview recently when he was asked about Cardiff getting promoted, he played it down and said if they did get promoted he’d have to sit down and have a chat with the Chairman as he doesn’t like managing in the Premier League and everything that comes with it. Admittedly, he probably knows his level but was quite refreshing to hear. He’s a cunt but he’s got my respect.

• Upvote 1

Warnock's alright and normally talks glowingly about Liverpool.

Wasn’t it Warnock a few years back when Rafa fielded a weakened side in the run in v some relegation rival, and Warnock went on about it for years because his side got relegated, despite him fielding a weakened team days previously v one of the big 4.

I may have that totally wrong. But that’s why I hate him. Anyone telling me otherwise will not alter that fact!

Wasn’t it Warnock a few years back when Rafa fielded a weakened side in the run in v some relegation rival, and Warnock went on about it for years because his side got relegated, despite him fielding a weakened team days previously v one of the big 4.

I may have that totally wrong. But that’s why I hate him. Anyone telling me otherwise will not alter that fact!

Yes that was him. He also had a bit of a spat with Thommo when he was assistant manager.

"A surprise name, perhaps, but it is interesting to note the role Achterberg plays in the scouting and recruitment of goalkeepers at Anfield – as well as their coaching. The Dutchman is known for having an encyclopaedic knowledge of goalkeepers from across the world, and his opinion is both sought and valued by Klopp. Achterberg is sent to scout players and is heavily involved in video analysis of prospective targets. With Liverpool almost certain to recruit a new No.1 in the summer, expect him to be involved in the process."

We're fucking doomed.

Found it.

Rafa Benitez has responded to a vociferous attack from former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock, who fumed: "I hope Liverpool never win another trophy under him."

Warnock still holds the Spaniard partly to blame for the Yorkshire club's relegation last season. Liverpool fielded a weakened team in the build-up to a Champions League Final last May and lost to Sheffield United's relegation rivals Fulham.

Warnock, now in charge of Crystal Palace, said: "I'm still very bitter about it. It's part of a big club's mentality. They look after themselves and they don't bother about anyone else

But Bentiez said: "Obviously I will be thinking a bit about playing key games in Europe after Fulham. But the key is to keep winning, we may do it with different players and we need to use other players.

"We have a big squad, good players to come in and we will treat this game just like we did at Arsenal."

The former Valencia boss claimed one side did not have a major bearing on the relegation battle.

"I know there was criticism last season when we did something similar at Fulham, coming from Sheffield United," he said. "But what did they do in their last game? They lost. So I feel it is sometimes better to look to yourself and what you do.