You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

18 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Still facetious. If you deem him not good enough currently, but you don't even want to try the option of giving him a run out in the reserves so that he might start showing signs of being good enough, then he is of absolutely no use whatsoever even on the bench at a time when we need to maximise the use of the squad. And seeing as he rarely gets a game for the first team anyway, it's not really convincing of you to complain he might not be available for a game or two, is it? But of course you'd rather nothing was done so you can keep sitting on your arse complaining a player is crap whenever he comes onto the pitch. Congratulations.

Thanks.

The U 23s have three left pal. 

So two not facetious things -  I don't think he is good enough to play currently and I don't think him playing in any of those three remaining U 23 matches will make a jot of difference to the team tbh.

• Upvote 1

I'm bummed he hasn't really worked out. He started really well and then as our style became more pragmatic and he got the big knee injury, he's become less and less of use. I can understand his frustration. 

I think he was a great fit for us at the time we bought him and this should have been a success, but shit happens. 

• Upvote 1

The reason he winds me up is because he's like a blast from the past to our pre winning era teams, a showboater who lamps the ball now and again but is otherwise woefully inconsistent. We spent most of the 90s and a good part of the following two decades with too many players like that in the side, lads who'd score a decent goal one week (but not do much else) then disappear completely for the next match.

Because of the quality (and more importantly, consistency) of this squad, he looks well out of place now for those reasons. He's  blast from the past, and not a pleasant one. 

Cardiff city for you my boy. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

When and if he plays I hope he does well - he can only play as the right mid in this system and is behind Henderson and Elliott there so really not sure it matters much. He should definitely be looking for a move in the summer if he wants to play.

If everyone is fit I wonder who he thinks he should start ahead of? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Our reserve team is full of kids and have very few games left, we very rarely but first teamers in their nowadays as we all know. Should get his head down and get on with it like Gomez did.

That's part of the problem though imo, our senior squad players rarely get any meaningful game time and it must be very difficult for Ox and the rest to hit the ground running when they do get the call.

"Okay, Ox, get your head down and get on with it". These words - so banal, so prosaic - seemed almost comically pointless at the time, but thanks to this intervention, Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain went on to drive Liverpool Football Club to the greatest triumphs any club has ever achieved in one season. But there was more. So influential was this advice that no out-of-form player ever did anything more than listen to them on a continuous loop, all youth leagues were abandoned in favour of sound labs, coaching badges were awarded only to those who could memorise the phrase, and [to continue reading this pile of crap, please pay The Atlantic a large amount of money]

27 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

That's part of the problem though imo, our senior squad players rarely get any meaningful game time and it must be very difficult for Ox and the rest to hit the ground running when they do get the call.

Yes, thank you, at least one person grasps the point. Quite why the fact that the resrve team only has a few games left, when I said quite clearly he should only play a couple of games, is deemed so relevant is a mystery. As for their ages, who the fuck cares - he will either be no worse or possibly a bit better if he gets on a pitch and plays one or two low-profile games where he can regain some confidence. The response to that - a seemingly desperate attempt to fly in the face of logic in order to ensure that nothing gets in the way of badmouthing a player for your own team for the rest of eternity - is simply to keep piping up with 'but they're young players and they don't have many games left'. Brilliantly constructive, as ever.

6 hours ago, Strontium said:

With so many games left this season he's for sure going to have a role to play and I can't shake the nagging feeling that he's due a big moment for us. Winner against City, perhaps.

If he’s on the pitch at any point against City, it would mean we have an injury crisis in the midfield. 

Pissed me off with his sulking when he came off on Sunday. He didn't offer much, a few blocked shots maybe? Should've had no complaints when his number came up. Also, when the goal went in and they had KloppCam he was in the background and barely reacted.

Go home and give Frankie off of the Saturdays the length in your mansion you sulky-puss. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Pissed me off with his sulking when he came off on Sunday. He didn't offer much, a few blocked shots maybe? Should've had no complaints when his number came up. Also, when the goal went in and they had KloppCam he was in the background and barely reacted.

Go home and give Frankie off of the Saturdays the length in your mansion you sulky-puss. 

A bridge too far…..

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Pissed me off with his sulking when he came off on Sunday. He didn't offer much, a few blocked shots maybe?

He chipped a few through balls straight out for a goal kick. That was impressive.

On 21/03/2022 at 14:39, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He has been given a go this season to be fair http://lfcstats.co.uk/20212022premierappearances.html

He has been given a go and he started the season in possession of a place in the side. Then he missed one (a cold or was it his baby, I know he was available by the next match?), Elliot got his shirt and that was the end of the idea a run of games will sort him out. 

If we count Elliot, we have 8 midfielders for 3 slots. As the 8th choice, he's probably the best 8th choice there is (although more expensive than most 1st choices outside the top 6). But unfortunately for us, because of the injury record of many of our midfielders, combined with milner being 93 and also full back cover, we see a lot more of Chamberlain than any other side would of their 8th choice. It's been time to get rid of Chamberlain pretty much since he recovered from his big injury. Hopefully if he's had enough, he will force a move. Otherwise he'll be here till his contract runs out. It would be good for the player and the club I think. 

• Upvote 1