You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

If he was given a good run of games he'd probably be back to his best, thing is we don't have any time for that as every game is so important that we can't carry anyone. When he has come he's been trying to hard and getting frustrated with himself which makes it worse. Hopefully he'll be offloaded in the summer. He can get match fitness somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

He's not good enough to be a starter, or fit enough - like Milner - to be a useful squad player.

I reckon he is at his best, but he needs games to get to his best and we can’t afford to give him games at this point of the season. A bit of a shame, because he looked really good in his first season. Unfort I think it’s time for both parties to move on. Sell Ox and replace him with Conor Gallagher for their right sided midfield role and we’d be sorted for the next decade. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I reckon he is at his best, but he needs games to get to his best and we can’t afford to give him games at this point of the season. A bit of a shame, because he looked really good in his first season. Unfort I think it’s time for both parties to move on. Sell Ox and replace him with Conor Gallagher for their right sided midfield role and we’d be sorted for the next decade. 

Why would chelsea sell us Gallagher? 

The problem with getting rid of AOC is that no one else will pick up his wages based on his fitness record. It’s a shame but up to that Roma game he really looked like he could do it for us. Shit don’t always work out and if we can get rid it’ll be better for both him and us. 

I reckon if we signed one good younger CM and right back cover our squad would be set.

5 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Why would chelsea sell us Gallagher? 

The problem with getting rid of AOC is that no one else will pick up his wages based on his fitness record. It’s a shame but up to that Roma game he really looked like he could do it for us. Shit don’t always work out and if we can get rid it’ll be better for both him and us. 

I reckon if we signed one good younger CM and right back cover our squad would be set.

We could  promise him regular games as a right sided centre mid. There isn’t really a role suitable for him in Chelsea’s current set up. Chelsea have history of letting go their promising young players e.g., Abraham, Lamptey, Livramento, Tomori over the last couple of years. Salah, De  Bruyne, Sturridge before that.

• Downvote 1

I wouldn't be against the idea of announcing he is going to leave, it may remove the pressure that is clearly holding him back. He isn't as shit as he's shown, right now he's behind every midfielder we have, we are going to need him one last time, he needs to be miles better than the meh he's producing. 

• Upvote 1

I've always had a soft spot for him, he hit some decent form before his injury against Roma and has constant bad luck with injuries. Yesterday though was enough for me. He was shite then his reaction when being subbed? Nah not having it. As someone above said the fella is being paid thousands of pounds a week to do hardly anything but a bit of exercise in world class facilities and the odd half a game here and there and he's acting like a tit. I don't want players happy to come off but he was acting like he was hard done by. 

Get rid in the summer. Sell him to Everton to bolster their championship squad.

• Upvote 2

As we don't have a proper reserve league any more, I'd be tempted to make him play a couple of games for the under 23s - just tell him to dominate them, be selfish, get some goals, boss the midfield, show the coaches what he can still do. Because at the moment he's locked in a cycle of sitting on the bench, getting a game without any rhythm at all, sitting on the bench again, etc. Unless he gets lucky and suddenly sparks into form, that's it. It's in our interests to have as many viable options as possible, and it's surely a better way of assessing just what he has left rather than leaving him on the bench.

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've always had a soft spot for him, he hit some decent form before his injury against Roma and has constant bad luck with injuries. Yesterday though was enough for me. He was shite then his reaction when being subbed? Nah not having it. As someone above said the fella is being paid thousands of pounds a week to do hardly anything but a bit of exercise in world class facilities and the odd half a game here and there and he's acting like a tit. I don't want players happy to come off but he was acting like he was hard done by. 

I thought it was because he was frustrated and pissed off with his own performance, but he had a gob on him on the bench, and when we scored he looked disgusted. Even Harvey Elliott sitting next to him (who is normally the one celebrating the most) looked subdued, until Harvey half-heartedly started clapping. Hopefully that sulk ended in Nottingham and hasn't come back on the team coach.

Quite damning when the camera cut to Klopp who told him where to run when we had a throw-in, 3 times, before shouting NOW.

I don't think he has the brains or decision making to play for us. He shoots when he should pass, passes when he could shoot and often plays the wrong pass or over/under hits it.

This is what training is for. Had injuries yes, and confidence is on the floor but he's had a good 9 months to rediscover his technique and the basics still let him down. Less Tik Tok videos with the misses dancing on stairs and more volleying a ball against a wall is needed

• Upvote 1

He scored a couple of important goals while we we were short up front during the afcon, so I wouldn't be too harsh on him. I think for the way we play it's difficult for the players who don't usually play to just come in and pick up the rhythm, and it usually takes a run in the side to get up to speed which we can't afford to give him unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

I thought it was because he was frustrated and pissed off with his own performance, but he had a gob on him on the bench, and when we scored he looked disgusted. Even Harvey Elliott sitting next to him (who is normally the one celebrating the most) looked subdued, until Harvey half-heartedly started clapping. Hopefully that sulk ended in Nottingham and hasn't come back on the team coach.

Loved Fabinho’s celebration from the bench though! The contrast between that and Oxlade’s reaction made him look even more of a cunt.

45 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If he is playing with U-23s he is not a viable option.

If he is finding his rhythm playing a couple of games for them he might become a viable option. Presumably you don't believe he's more of a viable option at the moment sitting on the bench, or are you just relentlessly facetious?

4 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

I think for the way we play it's difficult for the players who don't usually play to just come in and pick up the rhythm, and it usually takes a run in the side to get up to speed which we can't afford to give him unfortunately. 

Which was my point about him getting a game for the ressies. If he can't use the first team to regain his rhythm, where else is he going to get it, given that he's supposed to be a squad player until the summer? 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Ye agree with that. I especially didn't like when the camera went to our bench and he didnt celebrate us scoring. 

20 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

If he is finding his rhythm playing a couple of games for them he might become a viable option. Presumably you don't believe he's more of a viable option at the moment sitting on the bench, or are you just relentlessly facetious?

I mean it both ways - if that is the case he is not good enough and if he was to play for them he would be unavailable for Senior games.

I don't think there is very much chance of it as they only have a couple games left. 

10 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Ye agree with that. I especially didn't like when the camera went to our bench and he didn't celebrate us scoring. 

To be fair I didn't really "celebrate" us scoring either. 

It was more relief so I gave it half a fist pump and a gutteral "ugh! come on, fucking finally!"

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I mean it both ways - if that is the case he is not good enough and if he was to play for them he would be unavailable for Senior games.

I don't think there is very much chance of it as they only have a couple games left. 

Still facetious. If you deem him not good enough currently, but you don't even want to try the option of giving him a run out in the reserves so that he might start showing signs of being good enough, then he is of absolutely no use whatsoever even on the bench at a time when we need to maximise the use of the squad. And seeing as he rarely gets a game for the first team anyway, it's not really convincing of you to complain he might not be available for a game or two, is it? But of course you'd rather nothing was done so you can keep sitting on your arse complaining a player is crap whenever he comes onto the pitch. Congratulations.