You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

If we don't strengthen and god forbid we end up outside the top 4 and trophy less those stingy owners will not like the response they receive from the fans. 

The owners are lucky they have a charismatic and brilliant manager and people will in the main lay off the owners because they believe in Klopp being able to work miracles with with what he has - that will carry them through another summer...the backlash will come when they don't back him again and we go into next season with a threadbare squad again (possibly with europe to handle) and we yet again fail to build.......

At that point people will start to question why Klopp hasn't been backed and players brought in

I'm not arguing, but FSG arent going to spend that money on a 30 year old.

Yeah I know, mate.

It is ok though because if Ibrahimovic scores the goals that bury us on Sunday or the goals that fire them into the European Cup at our expense - we'll just be able to turn round and say "ah so what, just wait maybe for 5 years time when Ben Woodburn is tearing you to bits"....

Now he may well do so and I really hope he does - but we need to compete today as well....I see no ambition at all in terms of our transfer policy that suggests we want to compete today.

• Upvote 4

I can't believe he doesn't want to strengthen now even if it means a few more bob for the right player. No time to be stubborn or tight, get a few in now to help us as we need it desperately.

Treading a fine line these owners. But then all they care about is how much is spent at the ground and the to revenue.

There doesn't even seem to be any rumours in the press this time around, (unless i've missed it) besides the usual 'Who should we buy??' shite.

Piss poor from FSG if we don't bring at least one player in this window. The team is crying out for some fresh legs to spice things up at the moment

We didn't do enough in the summer, it's as simple as that. Many of us thought the fact we didn't have any European football meant we could get away with having a smaller squad. But it seems it was poor judgement on everyone's part now. Klopp's style of play and the gruelling premier league fixture list shows we've needed much more strength in depth. Now we're in that tricky window were all the best players are reluctant to leave because they're still in European competition. Clubs are reluctant to sell because they need those players for the same reason. And we have owners who aren't willing break the bank in order to try and convince clubs to let those players go, so we can bring in the players we need now.

I really hope our inactivity in the summer doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

He looks like a bit of a lazy, selfish twat to me but he's undoubtedly talented.  Don't see him fitting here, even if there was any appetite for it, which there obviously won't be as he's 29 and West Ham would want a shit load. 

We won't be signing Payet but just to clarify, the world-class season he had in France before his move to West Ham was under Bielsa who is probably the most demanding coach in the world in terms of work-rate. You can't be lazy and excel under a man like Bielsa.

Klopp is also extremely fond of fat boy Gotze so he'd most likely have zero problems with Payet.