You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yes bring her and the baby back. Send her to jail and allow the baby to have the upbringing it deserves. 

Seems like a sensible suggestion. Although, I'm not sure how the law deals with people who do stuff in other countries. I know there was something passed recently about it, so probably get done under that. 

1 hour ago, Anubis The Jackal said:

What’s happening with ISIS at the moment? It all seems to have gone a bit quiet. 

Well, a lot of them are dead as fuck.

9 minutes ago, Slippin’ Jimmy said:

Seems like a sensible suggestion. Although, I'm not sure how the law deals with people who do stuff in other countries. I know there was something passed recently about it, so probably get done under that. 

Well, a lot of them are dead as fuck.

Nothing in the law to stop her returning. Her nationality has not been removed she is a UK citizen. Lock her up and take the kid off her.

Just now, iPlop said:

Nothing in the law to stop her returning. Her nationality has not been removed she is a UK citizen. Lock her up and take the kid off her.

Yeah, I know she can return (although, that could happen if they wanted to). I'm saying that locking her up would need to have a legal basis. I'm sure there is one, one recently introduced, but I can't remember it. And I'm too lazy too look it up so I can pretend to be smart.

4 minutes ago, iPlop said:

I would. If we could. She has obviously been radicaliised. An enemy.

What would you do? Give her a cuddle?

I would want to know why she felt so desperate that at the age of 15 her best option was to join ISIS.  

After that, my main concern would be keeping the unborn child alive.  

I can't imagine ever being in a place where I read an article like that and my first response is "let them rot".  I'm glad I'm not that person.

Sure, I'd give her a hug.  Couldn't do any harm.  It sounds like she needs one. 

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I would want to know why she felt so desperate that at the age of 15 her best option was to join ISIS.  

After that, my main concern would be keeping the unborn child alive.  

I can't imagine ever being in a place where I read an article like that and my first response is "let them rot".  I'm glad I'm not that person.

Sure, I'd give her a hug.  Couldn't do any harm.  It sounds like she needs one. 

Why do you think she must have been desperate? I once had a discussion with a female journalist who argued that or women, joining ISIS was a sexual thing.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

The absolute state of you.  Sub-human fucking slime. 

Sub human? There is no discussion with these people. You either believe as they do or you die. There is no room for negotiation or compromise. If someone stands to you with the intention of killing you they have given up any right to compassion or justice.

5 minutes ago, iPlop said:

Sub human? There is no discussion with these people. You either believe as they do or you die. There is no room for negotiation or compromise. If someone stands to you with the intention of killing you they have given up any right to compassion or justice.

She's a non combatant though, that's like saying we should have shot the wives of German soldiers. 

I understand the anger aimed at these people, but it's a slippery slope. If she's committed a crime she should be treated like a (young) criminal. 

The notion of taking citizenship off people has been bandied around all too easily for my liking, because how long before the shitbags start doing that to all and sundry. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TK421 said:

That's the headline they wanted, suckers like you lap it up ignoring all context. 

Context? She left the country to marry a fighter in an extreme Islamic state with the full knowledge of what was happening over there.  

I dont want want her back, but if she does come back I’d expect her to spend a long time in prison. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

She's a non combatant though, that's like saying we should have shot the wives of German soldiers. 

I understand the anger aimed at these people, but it's a slippery slope. If she's committed a crime she should be treated like a (young) criminal. 

The notion of taking citizenship off people has been bandied around all too easily for my liking, because how long before the shitbags start doing that to all and sundry. 

She was not an innocent caught up in this though like a German wife.

If a UK citizen fled to Germany to marry a Nazi because she believed in the ideology bloody right they should be shot.

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, iPlop said:

Ask one of the families whose kid had their arms and legs blown of at a concert in Manchester what they think.

On reflection i would not let her rot I'd put a bullet in it.

Executing your own citizens with no due legal process. 

And you then talk about ‘these people’? 

Give your head a fucking wobble! 

• Upvote 2