You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mixed emotions about this. Despite the usual rhetoric that ISIS members and hangers on are all hardcore religious nuts, there's also a LOT of gullible, easily led people who've been useful idiots to clever people who've radicalised them with all sorts of false promises and lies. If a young, naive person has been suckered in by such bullshit, you can feel a very, very tiny bit sorry for them. 

But, then the devil on the other shoulder is shouting "fuck her, she made her bed, let her lie in it." Then there's the risk of whether she really wants to gone back here for entirely innocent reasons. Or not? 

Something should be done to try and bring the baby back though. 

This is not some peacetime squabble this is a war. Isis have raped and murdered tens of thousands of innocent men women and children across swathes of the middle east. Motivate mass casualty attacks against non believers across the world in the name of their God. There is no reasoning with that. They need to be destroyed without mercy.

2 hours ago, Anubis The Jackal said:

What’s happening with ISIS at the moment? It all seems to have gone a bit quiet. 

I believe they hold a small amount of territory still and still have a strong enough armed element that they were able to force back a US backed group of Kurdish fighters who tried to seize this last bit of territory they have. 

Also, there was a bit of infighting and somebody tried to ambush and kill al-Baghdadi. 

6 minutes ago, iPlop said:

This is not some peacetime squabble this is a war. Isis have raped and murdered tens of thousands of innocent men women and children across swathes of the middle east. Motivate mass casualty attacks against non believers across the world in the name of their God. There is no reasoning with that. They need to be destroyed without mercy.

I did read this in the voice of John Goodman from the Big Lebowski. 

walter02.jpg?cb=1538067033

• Upvote 1

Leave her the, serves her right for being a stupid cunt. 

And that interview doesn't exactly show remorse, I wouldn't be surprised if she's only coming back so she can convince other young girls to go there. 

And why are people saying we should go out of our way for the baby, there's plenty of other baby's in Syria why aren't people hoping they are saved too? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What do groups like this need to do to make people make a stand? I'm not for invading anywhere or unilateral military action but when a group like this emerges that is a direct threat to us we should wipe them out. I don't think that is controversial. I think it is perfectly sensible. Why else do we have armed forces? Just to march on remembrance day.?

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:
superficial

Dictionary result for superficial

/ˌsuːpəˈfɪʃ(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.
    existing or occurring at or on the surface.

Oh do fuck off. 

She he said why she did it, she said she liked it, she’s sad it’s over.  You are fucking desperate to blame someone else. Sometimes people do bad things, for bad reasons.  

• Upvote 2

And you used the wrong definition 

appearing to be true or real only until examined more closely.
"the resemblance between the breeds is superficial"
synonyms: apparentspeciousseemingoutwardostensiblecosmeticslight
"its spines give it a superficial resemblance to a hedgehog"

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh do fuck off. 

She he said why she did it, she said she liked it, she’s sad it’s over.  You are fucking desperate to blame someone else. Sometimes people do bad things, for bad reasons.  

So you think she just woke up one day and thought "I know, I'll join ISIS and marry some ISIS dude" for a laugh?  

I know you get easily flummoxed by these things but there are probably more nuanced factors at play.  I mean, it can't be easy being a Muslim in this country in a post 9/11 landscape.  At the age of 15 when she made her decision, she would have grown up and lived exclusively in a world where the mainstream media carried an overwhelmingly Islamophobic message.  It must have a terribly corrosive effect, particularly upon young Muslims. 

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

So you think she just woke up one day and thought "I know, I'll join ISIS and marry some ISIS dude" for a laugh?  

I know you get easily flummoxed by these things but there are probably more nuanced factors at play.  I mean, it can't be easy being a Muslim in this country in a post 9/11 landscape.  At the age of 15 when she made her decision, she would have grown up and lived in a world where the mainstream media carried an overwhelmingly Islamophobic message.  It must have a terribly corrosive effect, particularly upon young Muslims. 

So move to Saudi. Or buy a James Blunt CD. Don't flee to a war zone to marry a terrorist fighter who chops off heads.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, iPlop said:

So move to Saudi. Or buy a James Blunt CD. Don't flee to a war zone to marry a terrorist fighter who chops off heads.

That shit deserves a beheading in-front of their family then setting on fire then a seriously violent bumming. 

• Upvote 2