You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

I wish I could say I was shocked but I'm really not given his record with us in Europe. He really is utterly clueless when it comes to European opponents. He made us a laughing stock in European football and now he's doing the same to Celtic. Glad we're rid off him and have someone who both cares about European games and knows how to win them (most of the time).

Where's JP?

Seriously, I'm getting worried he might still be cry wanking in his garden shed.

Im not bothered about what Rodgers does at Celtic, it seems his haters have been waiting for him to slip up and the reaction to the loss is over the top.Celtic will get through this tie easily and anyone blaming Rodgers is crazy, I watched the game and they dominated missing a lot of easy chances.

If people are writing Rodgers off because of that result considering everything then what do they have to say about Klopps performance in the final?He set back and watched as Sevilla ran through our midfield and only made a change when it was 3-1.It was almost negligence as everyone could see what was happening apart from Klopp.

Atleast now I know when it will be fair to question Klopp and that result probably helps Rodgers in the long run, he'll know he needs to add some quality and the board will know they have to pay up.

After what I saw from Klopp last season and looking at the parts of his career where he didn't have Zorc buying players for him I'm concerned.It took him years to get promoted with Mainz and when he did he scraped it, in the top league he wasn't able to put together a team that could stay up.

The transfer strategy he is using now is the one I hate the most, we need a player for a position and he chooses someone out of the prem who had decent numbers the previous season.When we've used that strategy in the past it has not worked out well, let's hope Dortmunds success was down to Klopps man management and not Zorcs eye for a player.

• Downvote 4

Im not bothered about what Rodgers does at Celtic, it seems his haters have been waiting for him to slip up and the reaction to the loss is over the top.Celtic will get through this tie easily and anyone blaming Rodgers is crazy, I watched the game and they dominated missing a lot of easy chances.

I watched a game of football, you are right though I do wish him the best and hope he does well but I won't be that concerned whatever happens.I no longer want him back, I Want Rafa who with the money available would have sorted the team out this summer.

I said I was holding back about Klopp and felt it was too early to say certain things but after seeing what people are saying about Rodgers maybe it isn't too early.Im already thinking we are going to waste a few years under Klopp and that he may have been carried by Zorc.Yes other top clubs would want Klopp but they would be signing top players for him like at Dortmund.What was done at Dortmund when he took over is not what is required at LFC, I was against Ancellotti but seeing as his plans were to add 3 or 4 top class players to build a spine he may have been the better option.

When Rafa leaves Newcastle or if Klopp has failed badly by the end of next season we need to get Rafa back, no more fucking around he's the best man for the job and shouldn't have left in the first place.

• Downvote 5

It's impossible even for someone as useless as Rodgers to be eliminated by a team that a tlw 11 could give a game.

If he does, people seem to be suggesting it will be the worst ever result by a British team in Europe. 

Are you suggesting that our Gimp XI would beat his team? If so, the humiliation is complete.

Rodgers vs The Owl

Biggest fraud ?

The one having 81 ball percentage in own half with swansea or the one which methods translate from Neuxhatel to Malmo to failure everywhere.

It's no contest. Say what you like about Rodgers but his Swansea team was quality and we played the best stuff we've played since the 80s with him here. He's still levels above the owl.

• Upvote 1