You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton (H) Fa Cup 24/1/2015

Bjornebye

Just (another?) one of those days. Given the other results today I don't think having to play a replay is that bad.

Think we'll still win the tie, and Sturridge will be back for the replay hopefully. Hopefully the prospect of a winnable 5th round tie will be an added incentive to finish the job.

Goalscoring will remain a problem whilst our options behind Sturridge remain Borini, Lambert and Balotelli.

Sort that lot out and we will be alright, leave it as it is and we will continue to have days like we have today and on plenty of other occasions this season. The fact none of those three got a start today tells you all you need to know about their goal threat.

• Upvote 1

Disappointing but this is how it falls when the ref bottles out of a second yellow one a player and the oppos play a very tight on the break game.

Although we tested their keeper a lot he didnt really have to move to make many saves, borini's strike excepted. An awful lot seemed to be right at him so either his positioning was excellent \ lucky or our shooting was very good.

Bit surprised lallana stayed on the whole game, he looked fucked. On to Tuesday now.

I don't even want Sturridge to come back yet. I want it to sink in that we have nobody capable upfront and by that I also mean capable of playing more than 15 games without bits falling off them. Just sign a fucking striker and stop fucking around FSG. This game is a stark example of what happens when you can't break down a stubborn defence and then when you do you have no one capable of finishing the move. If Bolt-on had gone a goal down in the first half they would have fallen to bits, instead we make them look like a team of Paulo Maldini's. Fucking wank. 

Why are there so fucking many refs who hate us? Atkinson, friend, taylor, mason and Webb. Fucking wankers

We got loads of penalties last year (most totally deserved) because we were so attacking, but a perception was peddled in the media that we were diving and getting soft ones and love and behold this season we have been given next to fuck all, albeit we havent been as attacking so haven't given refs as many decisions to make, but when we have we seem to be getting fuck all

Kevin Friend materially altered the course of that match not just with one erroneous decision but with a whole series of them , We have had similar treatment from him the past and whilst I think its silly to say referees are bent in terms of them being in the take I just cant avoid the conclusion he dislikes Liverpool Football Club and is biased when he officiates our games.

Tonight was an utter disgrace 

• Upvote 3

I actually thought we were OK there.  Not great, certainly, but decent.  

Of course it's a poor result but that's going to happen, all you can really control is the performance, and we were far better than Bolton.  Far better.

That said, Lallana was poor, and Johnson is shocking.  If we give him a new contract I will lose all faith in Brendan.  Oh, and Borini - I know we're only playing him because the other options are even worse, but he really isn't Liverpool standard.  I desperately hope we get another striker in this window.  Anyone will do, I don't care if it's a loan, or whatever.  Just don't want to see us chasing another game and have to bring on Lambert/Borini/Balotelli again.

• Upvote 1

It really doesn't help when people are trying to do Diego Maradona impressions and aren't able to do it properly. Raheem I am talking to you mate. Here's a tip for you son, until you actually score or set up a team mate who scores, keep the showboating shite to a minimum. Don't get me wrong I love it flashy and hype but FFS just keep it simple until we have actually registered on the scoreboard, otherwise your golden touches are worth the sum of fuck all. 

• Upvote 1

Kevin Friend materially altered the course of that match not just with one erroneous decision but with a whole series of them , We have had similar treatment from him the past and whilst I think its silly to say referees are bent in terms of them being in the take I just cant avoid the conclusion he dislikes Liverpool Football Club and is biased when he officiates our games.

Tonight was an utter disgrace 

I understand your frustration but I don't think he is bent...at least not corrupt.

He's just shit. A lot of them are. Mediocrity officiating for top class football in this country is the norm. And what do the FA do to improve the general decision making...nothing. Or at least...they introduce a respect campaign for the refs...so that player behaviours are highlighted for complaining about shit decisions...rather than correct the shit decisions by making the refs accountable.

• Upvote 1

Meh. We'll win the replay.

I was more worried that we'd be one on the list of top sides going out today, so a replay when hopefully we've got our best eleven on the pitch will do. 

Glass half full for me today, loads of sides have gone out and we didn't get beaten even though we had only one CB and no striker on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

Just realised my previous post looks like I blame the ref for the result. I must correct this.

I felt that good goalkeeping stopped us winning it. We had chances...and some of those fell to a striker. Well played Bogdan and his 5 defenders.

I understand your frustration but I don't think he is bent...at least not corrupt.

He's just shit. A lot of them are. Mediocrity officiating for top class football in this country is the norm. And what do the FA do to improve the general decision making...nothing. Or at least...they introduce a respect campaign for the refs...so that player behaviours are highlighted for complaining about shit decisions...rather than correct the shit decisions by making the refs accountable.

I'd agree with all of that.