You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

On 28/06/2022 at 20:07, Anubis said:

In Bolton to watch my nieces in a school production of Grease. Kenickie is being played by a 16 year old Dave Usher lookalike. He’s got the hair. He’s got the hair band. And the kid’s got moves.

So obviously not the same DNA then…

Mate, have you got @Ezekiel 25:17 as a friend on FB? I saw a picture of him on there that’s totally freaked me out. Take away the beard and lob a load of grey hair on him and he’d look EXACTLY the same as Usher. I know they’re cousins but this is too much looky likey, I’m afraid. Someone’s dad needs to fess up. 

I can’t unsee it now that I have. 

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mate, have you got @Ezekiel 25:17 as a friend on FB? I saw a picture of him on there that’s totally freaked me out. Take away the beard and lob a load of grey hair on him and he’d look EXACTLY the same as Usher. I know they’re cousins but this is too much looky likey, I’m afraid. Someone’s dad needs to fess up. 

Genuinely, to our Daves detriment nobody has ever said we look a like.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Oh man, there’s no need to be mean to Zeke like that.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was driving back home earlier and there's a little shopping bit in Aintree that's on a busy road. When the traffic backs up, the turn into the shopping bit can be blocked easily. Saw a car stop to turn in and some old woman in her Micra was innocently blocking the turn. She decides to reverse a bit to let the car turning head on in. 

Two builders in a car right behind her shit themselves and beeped the shit out of their horn. Old woman was haven't a panic attack in front, arms everywhere for just trying to do a good deed. 

Shouldn't laugh but one of those moments where you're like, "aww, good on her" only for it to go up in flames in seconds. 

Fire alarm in Morrison’s this morning. There was indeed a small blaze somewhere on the premises. 

Although the absolute cluelessness of the staff could have had serious repercussions, it was quite funny watching them herding the customers out of the door, only for a good few to head straight for their cars with a trolley full of unpaid for shopping. 

Took about five minutes for security to cotton on. His solution was to try and note down number plates of cars leaving. I assume they have CCTV but perhaps it wasn’t working. 

Because I’m an upstanding citizen, I waited until we were allowed back in and paid. 

Not a word of thanks. 

My missus has been stopping at Greggs on the morning school run to get herself and Turdsette a hot chocolate. She was in there on Friday and there was an old dear in front of her in the queue telling the staff that she’d come into town on the bus to work at a charity shop, but the manager hadn’t turned up and he’d rang her to say the shop wouldn’t be opening that day. Now she had to wait 45 minutes for the bus that goes back to the village where she lives. 

Turns out that the village was on the way to the school so my missus insisted on giving her a lift home, paid for her iced buns, warned her that Turdsette talks A LOT and packed her little shopping trolley in the boot. 

She said the lady kept telling her how grateful she was and that it’d restored her faith in humanity. It was a boss little lesson for my daughter that it’s nice to be nice. 

My first thought upon hearing all this was that the car is fucking filthy at the moment and why couldn’t she have done her good deed when it was clean. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Had breakfast with my 2 year old niece and 3 month old nephew earlier. Despite looking at them wondering what sort of cunt world they've been brought into, it was bloody lovely and just what I needed for the soul right now. 

Pics of the breakfast?

I surely have some terrible karma coming my way. It’s absolutely pissing down here. Just on the way back from dropping Turdsette off at school, ended up driving behind my mate all the way home.

Got nearly all the way back and there was a woman on the pavement running for a bus. I saw my mate swerve to avoid splashing her with this big puddle. I thought “nah” and did the opposite. Sped up a bit and hit the puddle right as she was alongside my car. 

Direct hit. Boom. Looked in the rear view and she’d stopped running and was just standing there in disbelief, drenched from top to toe. 

I’m still laughing now. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I surely have some terrible karma coming my way. It’s absolutely pissing down here. Just on the way back from dropping Turdsette off at school, ended up driving behind my mate all the way home.

Got nearly all the way back and there was a woman on the pavement running for a bus. I saw my mate swerve to avoid splashing her with this big puddle. I thought “nah” and did the opposite. Sped up a bit and hit the puddle right as she was alongside my car. 

Direct hit. Boom. Looked in the rear view and she’d stopped running and was just standing there in disbelief, drenched from top to toe. 

I’m still laughing now. 

Had an interview for a flight systems engineer role at work about 4 weeks ago. The interview went well and was a role I really want to throw myself into.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the job due to my lack of experience on systems engineering but I received my feedback this morning and everything else was pretty much bang on and had the role got the timeframe for development I would've got it hands down. The guy who interviewed me also got in touch to say there would be roles like that in the new year, so he's stuck me in the "talent pool" and will be in touch when the roles come up.

The beauty of the talent pool is they go off your previous interview, so I won't need to be interviewed again.

• Upvote 6