Quantcast
Little Things That Brighten Your Day - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
AngryofTuebrook

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

As a counter-balance to the other "Little things" thread, what stuff is guaranteed to make you smile or give you a bit of a lift for a few minutes?

I'll start with buskers playing unexpected song-choices.  There was a bloke in town last week doing eclectic stuff like Alabama Song and The Man in Me.  What's not to love?

When some motorway lane-hopping nobjockey in a flash car cuts in front of you without indicating, then does the same to about 5 other people only for you to sail past them 5 minutes later in the same lane you were in originally.

• Upvote 1

Her indoors was driving today and got stuck at a cross roads after the lights turned red. She tried reversing and smacked in to somebody's bumper, not badly, just a minor bump. We freaked out thinking the Merc 4x4 driver would be a cunt about it, but no, he gave a double 'Macca' thumbs up and waved us on with a smile, weird! 

I'm now sat around with three pretty girls drinking wine and talking periods, life's good!

Playing a game with my little lad and enjoying his joy; seeing my daughter smile or laughing at something as a family at the dinner table. Seeing a chipmunk (something about them that makes me smile every time) or spotting a flash of red and watching a Cardinal land in the garden. I love it all.

• Upvote 2

Waking up and expecting to see you have to get out out bed in 10 minutes, only to realise you have another 3 hours before the alarm goes off.

Funny, I hate that because thats another night I havent slept through. So, conversely, my first one would be sleeping right hrough

This is a mate's 9-week old son.  OK, you might probably think it's a bog-standard baby picture.  But this picture was taken 4 days after he'd had heart surgery.

10438496_10155274635805447_3849973975108

He could even be home early next week.

Blows my fucking mind, that does.

• Upvote 15

His mum's just posted this on Facebook.

Flowers and chocolates are lovely for
Mothers Day but nothing will ever top the present i just got...... NOAH'S COMING HOME TODAY!!!

— ALQ8g5SMkEH.pngfeeling elated.

• Upvote 1

I got an email at work the other day from a kid I taught at my last school basically just saying thanks and letting me know that life was good. I was made up. It was on my birthday too.

I also got a boss unexpected pressie off a mate of a night out with food and booze included to see People Under The Stairs at the Kazimir in May. Ace pressie from left field. I was made up.

• Upvote 3

This is a mate's 9-week old son.  OK, you might probably think it's a bog-standard baby picture.  But this picture was taken 4 days after he'd had heart surgery.

10438496_10155274635805447_3849973975108

He could even be home early next week.

Blows my fucking mind, that does.

Awesome.