You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That there London

Anny Road

Would you have a link to that place please? Still looking for somewhere to go on Wednesday.

Take a look at Husky Bites Cafe Bar (@huskybitescafe): https://twitter.com/huskybitescafe?s=09

Thats the best I can do for you, don't know if that works? I'm prety sure it comes up on Google maps is how I found it.

Its not the easiest place to find Kennigton is prob the closest Tube station. You'll need to get there as early as you can on Wednesday its most defo going to get locked out!

• Upvote 1

A shed. £850 a month. A shed. Eight hundred and fifty pounds. Every month.

Sorry, just trying to get my head around that. Nope. Can't.

Wait, does your landlady suck you off twice a day?

Haha.

You know what, I wrote a piece about this a couple of weeks ago explaining my living situation. Here it is: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/i-live-in-a-shed-london-gentrification

• Upvote 5

Haha.

You know what, I wrote a piece about this a couple of weeks ago explaining my living situation. Here it is: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/i-live-in-a-shed-london-gentrification

In 1999 I lived in a 2bed flat over a hardware shop just on the Twickenham side of Richmond bridge. It was ok, but nothing special and would need loads spending on it to make it decent. That was £900 a month then, I dread to think what it is now.

In 1999 I lived in a 2bed flat over a hardware shop just on the Twickenham side of Richmond bridge. It was ok, but nothing special and would need loads spending on it to make it decent. That was £900 a month then, I dread to think what it is now.

Just done some snooping on Google Earth, looks like the landlord has done it up or sold it. A 1 bedroom flat on the same road (half the size of the one I rented) is on for £340k - fuck me I wish I could have bought that flat!

• 2 months later...

I'll be in London for a couple of days next week and am wondering about visiting the Olympic Park. Annoyingly I see that stadium tours are going to be starting next Friday, too late for me. Has anyone else been and would you recommend it?

I'll be in London for a couple of days next week and am wondering about visiting the Olympic Park. Annoyingly I see that stadium tours are going to be starting next Friday, too late for me. Has anyone else been and would you recommend it?

No-one?

Or any other places to go that arent quite the usual touristy things?

No-one?

Or any other places to go that arent quite the usual touristy things?

I've been to the park for a 5k run and it's A bit meh. You could go up the Kapoor sculpture, which apparently has a slide in it now - but the shard is better if you want views. In fact, I'd recommend starting at the London Eye on the South Bank and just walking along the river towards the Tate Modern. There's usually loads of street acts etc. If you're energetic you can finish your walk by crossing the Millennium bridge to St Paul's, or have lunch in Borough Market. Depends how much time you have.

• Upvote 1

I've been to the park for a 5k run and it's A bit meh. You could go up the Kapoor sculpture, which apparently has a slide in it now - but the shard is better if you want views. In fact, I'd recommend starting at the London Eye on the South Bank and just walking along the river towards the Tate Modern. There's usually loads of street acts etc. If you're energetic you can finish your walk by crossing the Millennium bridge to St Paul's, or have lunch in Borough Market. Depends how much time you have.

Well, I'm staying at Stratford so it seems a bit rude not to go but doesnt sound like an all dayer. I've been to the London Eye and done that walk but would recommend it to others. What we havent done is the London Eye at night so that's a definite possibility.

My daughter's going to shop but I have no need to shop for 2 days!

Borough Market's on the list already!

Go to Broadway market on Saturday in London Fields. My fav market in London. Some nice lunch options there, if it's a nice day you could even have a picnic at at the park. If you feel like a prosecco, there's a cool rooftop bar around the corner, called Netil House.

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm staying at Stratford so it seems a bit rude not to go but doesnt sound like an all dayer. I've been to the London Eye and done that walk but would recommend it to others. What we havent done is the London Eye at night so that's a definite possibility.

My daughter's going to shop but I have no need to shop for 2 days!

Borough Market's on the list already!

There's a Westfield in Stratford so she'll be happy, if not mum's bank account. A walk around Greenwich is good too since you're in that part of London. The view from the hill where the observatory is, is also worth the trip. Proposed to Mrs Tash up there, looking out across London.

Go to Broadway market on Saturday in London Fields. My fav market in London. Some nice lunch options there, if it's a nice day you could even have a picnic at at the park. If you feel like a prosecco, there's a cool rooftop bar around the corner, called Netil House.

We're there Wednesday and Thursday, although I'm already thinking we need a week, so will miss Broadway market. I'll be unlikely to miss out on the Prosecco however

There's a Westfield in Stratford so she'll be happy, if not mum's bank account. A walk around Greenwich is good too since you're in that part of London. The view from the hill where the observatory is, is also worth the trip. Proposed to Mrs Tash up there, looking out across London.

Greenwich sounds good. Has no-one else watched The Secret Agent?

My daughter is already a seasoned London shopper, RT, and will need no advice from us old folks. And whats even better, it'll be her own money she'll be spending

You can always do the spitalfields area - slightly cooler shops and interesting eateries. Climb up the monument in the city. Or get the Emirates air line over to the o2 and do the walk over the roof

Cooler than where? Decisions decisions 

Greenwich is a good shout

Deffo worth a visit and you can walk under the Thames through the pedestrian tunnel

Ah, matty, being a veteran of many marathons I've done that too. Still, a few things to think about there

Best to go when the Olympics are on !

I have been and whilst its a pleasant enough it's kind of like a carnival after everyone has gone home