You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That there London

Anny Road

Been living in London six years, there's loads more to do on your door step etc however no where in London comes close to Town for going on the piss.

Its about 250k for a single bedroom flat round here, i'd be on the train back to Liverpool tomorrow if I could earn what I earn down here.

• 3 months later...

Been living in London six years, there's loads more to do on your door step etc however no where in London comes close to Town for going on the piss.

Its about 250k for a single bedroom flat round here, i'd be on the train back to Liverpool tomorrow if I could earn what I earn down here.

Because your mates are in Liverpool?

I always found good pubs are good pubs, regardless of the town or city, but it's company that makes the night.

Pies & Eels? Fucking weirdos.

_89650178_nathansgetty.jpg

I always thought eels would be horrid, until I tried them a couple of years ago. You can either have them cold in jelly (the eels are boiled in herbs and left to cool. The eels produce their own gelatin so that a soft jelly forms around the fish) or stewed. The stewed eels are eaten hot with mash, liquor (parsley sauce) and chilli vinegar. Admittedly, the former are an acquired but the latter are ace.

If you're ever in Greenwich, I recommend that you give Goddard's Pie and Mash shop a visit. In addition to traditional pie, mash and eels, they sell a variety of other homemade pies, including cheese and onion, steak and ale and, possibly, chicken balti. As well as liquor they do gravy, peas and beans. They're fruit pies/crumbles and custard are boss, too.

• Upvote 2

I always thought eels would be horrid, until I tried them a couple of years ago. You can either have them cold in jelly (the eels are boiled in herbs and left to cool. The eels produce their own gelatin so that a soft jelly forms around the fish) or stewed. The stewed eels are eaten hot with mash, liquor (parsley sauce) and chilli vinegar. Admittedly, the former are an acquired but the latter are ace.

Absolute meffs. This was taken in London only last week.

Jellied-eels-009.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=for

Because your mates are in Liverpool?

I always found good pubs are good pubs, regardless of the town or city, but it's company that makes the night.

Better bars/pubs atmosphere in Town, London has Shorditch which is quite close to Town I find but a smaller version.

As thread starter I feel I have a right and indeed a duty to post.

As someone that had no desire to spend a minute in the place i found it vibrant, different and a collection of small villages rather than one city.

I did no F** B* ll whist there but food and hospitality by the Polish residents was 1st class.

• Upvote 1

I live in a shed (seriously) in London for £850 a month. Great city, but I must say I get a bit depressed when I stay at my mates' £300 a month castle in Aigburth.

Anyone been to Huskys the newish red bar in Elephant and Castle? That place is great.

I've just got a job in London meaning I have to stay up there during the week. Staying with a good mate just north of Camden who confidently had a spare room and working from home 2 days a week in Bournemouth. It's the best of both worlds really the only problem is u haven't cooked a single meal in 2 months. There's so much choice and drinking after work is too easy.

I live in a shed (seriously) in London for £850 a month. Great city, but I must say I get a bit depressed when I stay at my mates' £300 a month castle in Aigburth.

Anyone been to Huskys the newish red bar in Elephant and Castle? That place is great.

I've been going there since Ruse closed down last year, i'll be there on Wed.

I've just got a job in London meaning I have to stay up there during the week. Staying with a good mate just north of Camden who confidently had a spare room and working from home 2 days a week in Bournemouth. It's the best of both worlds really the only problem is u haven't cooked a single meal in 2 months. There's so much choice and drinking after work is too easy.

This is the problem, I came off the tube in that heat wave the other Friday and ended up in a Beer garden all day when I was supposed to go Sainsburys and go home go the Gym.

I have to walk past about 6/7 take aways when I get off the Tube and 3 pubs to get back my flat, its almost impossible to resist when your pissed off and starving after doing a hard days graft.