You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

What are France thinking naming him captain for tomorrow.  He's clearly not a leader!

To be fair you can’t read anything into that. It is about what he does for LFC, not how he leads or not for France.

• Upvote 1

To be fair you can’t read anything into that. It is about what he does for LFC, not how he leads or not for France.

It would suggest he has leadership qualities.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It would suggest he has leadership qualities.

Not to mention his time captaining his club. I doubt it's easy coming into a club like Liverpool without speaking the language and then being a leader.

Not to mention his time captaining his club. I doubt it's easy coming into a club like Liverpool without speaking the language and then being a leader.

Look at the number of years every other player that has played league minutes for Liverpool in the defensive half of the field (including midfielders) and he and Cissokho are the only ones that are both foreign and been in England less than 1 year. The next lowest is Mignolet with 4 years. So I'm not sure this point can be underestimated too much, ie the language barrier bringing a few issues at this early stage.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Face the music? What does that even... silly stuff. Of course people have different views. Views like 'Suarez is a shit finisher', 'Downing/Cole/Carroll are brilliant', 'Sturridge should be dropped', 'Lucas is great', 'There's nothing wrong with the midfield' and whatever shit you're dribbling on about with Sakho. I don't even know what your argument is. You've offered absolutely nothing of worth at all. Just some strange comments with nothing to back them up.

They might be fielding their B team, but Sakho is a major part of their A team and part of the reason they'll be kicking a ball in the world cup - in fact, a huge part.  He's a quality defender.

I never said otherwise.

He's been here for one season and has done well for me.

I did originally think he was going to be another Djimi Traore but he got through that very quickly. I really do believe that Skrtel is a major problem as his positioning can sometimes be awful,re Palace goals and he always seems to be a second away from some sort of mishap.

As for Sakho,I would have thought his naysayers would have learnt from Jordan Henderson before writing a player off so quickly.

I honestly believe the reasons for Agger's demise and Skrtel and Sakho being first choice seemingly,are as much to do with Agger's off field stuff,injuries and wages as well as not being in any long term plans. Quite rightly so I have to say.

As for Sakho,I would have thought his naysayers would have learnt from Jordan Henderson before writing a player off so quickly.

Not sure whether that's partially directed at me but I'm definitely not writing him off - that would be silly.  I haven't made a definitive judgment about Sakho.  I'm not one to write off players quickly, and was one of the few who showed faith in Henderson from the start (and indeed our midfield as a whole).  

People just have different views. Sometimes you have to face the music - even if you don't like the tune.

A lot of people have become extreme in their views of anything LFC. Seems to be a post Rafa thing, but every player appears to be either great or shit, and those who don't agree are cunts. It's quite boring.

• Upvote 4