You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

You disagree that many were down to basic errors?

Mignolet fucked punch against Norwich.

Flanagan not winning a header against Norwich.

Skrtel / Johnson not dealing with the two Crystal Palace defenders.

Johnson not closing down the Palace first goal.

Flanagan not track the man for one of the Palace goals.

Agger getting skinned by the Cardiff attacker.

Gerrard slipping vs Chelsea.

Toure passing to the West Brom attacker.

Agger not track Lovren against Southampton.

Skrtel four OGs.

I could go on and on... 

Very few goals were we caught on the break.  We were against Chelsea when we were going for a draw and against Palace when we were going for goals for our goal difference.  But most games, the goals we conceded were from basic errors - not tracking players, passing to the opposition, not winning headers etc.

You could find a basic individual error for every single goal that has ever been scored. It just isn't as simple as that in reality. Do you think we'd have conceded the same amount of goals with Mourinho in charge of our squad? Of course we wouldn't, and of course we wouldn't have scored as many either.

You could find a basic individual error for every single goal that has ever been scored. It just isn't as simple as that in reality. Do you think we'd have conceded the same amount of goals with Mourinho in charge of our squad? Of course we wouldn't, and of course we wouldn't have scored as many either.

But the errors above are not down to the system.

I don't think Mourinho would stop Mignolet flapping, Flanagan not track his man, Agger not tracking his man, Toure passing to the opposition under no pressure etc.  Chelsea have better defenders than us that make less mistakes.  Yes they also play a more defensive system, but we have not been torn apart on the counter attack.  These mistakes are mostly from basic defending, not the system.

Sakho might get appreciated more if he played for Chelsea though, as he doesn't make mistakes.  I doubt Mourinho would stand for Agger being out muscled and losing his man as often as he does.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think very few were because of our attacking style. If you watch most of the goals conceded, very few were because we we caught on the break or because we didn't have enough men back; actually, we usually have a shit load back, but make a critical and often basic error. So, for me, it's generally speaking very little to do with the system but very much to do with how our defenders act in certain situations.

I want him to be the big black scary fucker staring fear into the hearts of every opponent. A bit like Shadow used to on Gladiators during Duel.

Time will tell if my fantasy comes to pass

Shadow was a beast, he got sacked for sted's whilst Hunter and Rhino were on enough sted's to kill a horse. Eventually he turned to crack cocaine after a massive fall from grace, sad story. 

Shadow was a beast, he got sacked for sted's whilst Hunter and Rhino were on enough sted's to kill a horse. Eventually he turned to crack cocaine after a massive fall from grace, sad story. 

It went downhill for him when he had a cameo appearance on Spice World The Movie.

• Upvote 1

He had an injury disrupted season but was still, by far, our most solid defender. He's an experienced player who is also young, but has all the attributes to carry on the brilliant start to his career which saw him as PSG's youngest ever Captain. As LFD rightly points out, the only argument people seem to come out with is that he looks a bit funny when he passes. What the fuck. Too many are swayed by players they like. Like Agger? Right, slag off Sakho. Like Flano? Right, pretend he's got no flaws. It's pretty pathetic at times.

The constant talk of his shitness on the ball or that he doesn't want the ball stems from the retarded view of the media. Then the rest of the country follows suite and now have decided that he's awful on the ball. Sure he looks ungainly but his passing is top notch for me, he makes incisive forward passes or more often than not gives a simple 5 yard pass to Stevie, which I'm assuming is what all our defence is told to do as he's playing as a deep lying playmaker.

As for people not being able to like more than one player in the same position I totally agree mate, it's pathetic. I love Flannos commitment and his passion for playing for Liverpool that doesn't sway the fact that for me he can be improved on this summer. Same goes for a few of our players.

• Upvote 2

But the errors above are not down to the system.

Some of them are, e.g. Toure square pass at West Brom.  A team which doesn't treasure possession and has licence to hoof probably doesn't concede that goal.  We invite a lot of pressure on ourselves from passing it out at the back.  It's a natural consequence of the way we play. 

Some of them are, e.g. Toure square pass at West Brom.  A team which doesn't treasure possession and has licence to hoof probably doesn't concede that goal.  We invite a lot of pressure on ourselves from passing it out at the back.  It's a natural consequence of the way we play. 

He was under little pressure and passed it to Skrtel.  That could have happened under any system.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The constant talk of his shitness on the ball or that he doesn't want the ball stems from the retarded view of the media. Then the rest of the country follows suite and now have decided that he's awful on the ball. Sure he looks ungainly but his passing is top notch for me, he makes incisive forward passes or more often than not gives a simple 5 yard pass to Stevie, which I'm assuming is what all our defence is told to do as he's playing as a deep lying playmaker.

As for people not being able to like more than one player in the same position I totally agree mate, it's pathetic. I love Flannos commitment and his passion for playing for Liverpool that doesn't sway the fact that for me he can be improved on this summer. Same goes for a few of our players.

For me, that's spot on. I think it all comes from a dodgy looking pass or two and Alan Smith making and idiotic comment or two. Seems to have spawned lots of little Smiths.

For me, that's spot on. I think it all comes from a dodgy looking pass or two and Alan Smith making and idiotic comment or two. Seems to have spawned lots of little Smiths.

It seems to mainly be Alan Smith. It's like the medias second half seasons version of Skrtel holding attackers.

That goal wouldn't have happened under a hoof system.  Firstly, Mignolet would not roll the ball to Kolo - he would leather it upfield. Secondly, Toure wouldn't turn back and square it as he too would take the hoof option.  

Mignolet gave Toure a hospital pass - an individual error.  Then Toure made a pass to an opposition player.

Don't think the system is to blame.  Rodgers isn't telling the players to always pass it round the back, as we often hit it long if we are in trouble.  If their is space we play it round the back.

Even if that example is down to the system, one out of 50+ goals we conceded this season shows again individual errors are mostly to blame.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That goal had virtually nothing to do with the system. All systems pass the ball around at the back. Even hoofers don't hoof it all the time. It had to do with a player choosing the wrong person to try the pass to and then playing a shit pass. Even if it was, I'd focus less on that and more on the vast majority of other goals.

Disagree that we often hit it long.  And there will be more than one example, that's just one off the top of my head. 

There was Skrtel the season before last.  Otherwise I don't think you will think of many.

Which is my whole point that the majority of our goals were from basic errors and Sakho hardly makes any errors, if the other four of the back five did the same we'd piss the league. 

There was Skrtel the season before last.  Otherwise I don't think you will think of many.

Which is my whole point that the majority of our goals were from basic errors and Sakho hardly makes any errors, if the other four of the back five did the same we'd piss the league. 

I think the way we play induces the errors or at least makes them more likely to occur.  We're just looking at it from different angles.  I think you are too preoccupied with looking at individual errors and apportioning blame to the players who make them, rather than looking at it holistically and asking why the frequency of these errors has increased under Bredan Rodgers. 

I think the way we play induces the errors or at least makes them more likely to occur.  We're just looking at it from different angles.  I think you are too preoccupied with looking at individual errors and apportioning blame to the players who make them, rather than looking at it holistically and asking why the frequency of these errors has increased under Bredan Rodgers. 

Well we aren't going to change the way we play and rightly so, given we nearly won the title and scored over 100 goals this season. 

So I'd rather get players who don't make mistakes the way we play.  Which is what Sakho did, as well as passing very well from the back.