You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

I swear half the reason people don't like Sakho is because he moves like Djimi Traore. That's where the comparison ends. I think we'll see his leadership qualities shine through this season.

Shame we wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of getting Varane as the pace at the back would be refreshing. We could even look at playing this imaginary high line I've heard so much of.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't think anybody is, and I'm certainly not, using pass completion stats  (a quantitive figure) to indicate the quality of his passes (a qualitative assessment). It's just you're making an assertion which is, according to my eyes at least, totally bogus. In my opinion, Sakho has shown a superb level of passing this season, not just in the amount he makes but in the quality of them. Midfield splitting passes are a regularly occurrence. Far above Agger's passing this season, for me. To state with such authority that Agger is a better passer, with absolutely nothing to back it up, seems to be another one of your reality devoid factual statements. It's not to do with comprehension, it's to do with favouritism. You like Agger and you'll defend him until you're blue in the face. Just like you do with Lucas. 

I don't think anybody is, and I'm certainly not, using pass completion stats  (a quantitive figure) to indicate the quality of his passes (a qualitative assessment). It's just you're making an assertion which is, according to my eyes at least, totally bogus. In my opinion, Sakho has shown a superb level of passing this season, not just in the amount he makes but in the quality of them. Midfield splitting passes are a regularly occurrence. Far above Agger's passing this season, for me. To state with such authority that Agger is a better passer, with absolutely nothing to back it up, seems to be another one of your reality devoid factual statements. It's not to do with comprehension, it's to do with favouritism. You like Agger and you'll defend him until you're blue in the face. Just like you do with Lucas.

I can't believe this argument is still dragging on. You've seen them NV, with your own eyes. You know, as I do, that Sakho is the better player right now. Those who cannot see it and try to rely on random stats to support their argument are wrong. Knowing the rules and knowing the game. That's what it's about.

These arguments only happen on the internet. Not in real life.

I can't believe this argument is still dragging on. You've seen them NV, with your own eyes. You know, as I do, that Sakho is the better player right now. Those who cannot see it and try to rely on random stats to support their argument are wrong. Knowing the rules and knowing the game. That's what it's about.

These arguments only happen on the internet. Not in real life.

I didn't really rely on random stats. I'm saying Agger is a better passer of the ball in spite of the stats. I can see why you like Sakho though, fast strong and athletic man that he is.

I reckob Agger is a better player. He didn't have a great season, but he's an excellent defender. It looks like Rodgers prefers the Frenchman, I just wish it was more clear cut than it currently is. He did cost us more than the rest of the centre backs put together. Unfortunately we didn't look any more solid with him in the team.

I really don't want to have to add "in my opinion" to every single post. Just assume so next time.

I didn't really rely on random stats. I'm saying Agger is a better passer of the ball in spite of the stats. I can see why you like Sakho though, fast strong and athletic man that he is.

I reckob Agger is a better player. He didn't have a great season, but he's an excellent defender. It looks like Rodgers prefers the Frenchman, I just wish it was more clear cut than it currently is. He did cost us more than the rest of the centre backs put together. Unfortunately we didn't look any more solid with him in the team.

I prefer Sakho because I believe he's a better footballer, and a better defender. I believe he's better technically, and I believe he's a much better passer of the ball as he has better technique and better vision. Sakho's positioning will improve with games. Theyre the bits that you don't see. But dont't worry, keep watching and you might get there.

• Upvote 1

I prefer Sakho because I believe he's a better footballer, and a better defender. I believe he's better technically, and I believe he's a much better passer of the ball as he has better technique and better vision. Sakho's positioning will improve with games. Theyre the bits that you don't see. But dont't worry, keep watching and you might get there.

What about his athleticism?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I really don't want to have to add "in my opinion" to every single post. Just assume so next time.

But you make such ridiculous assertions all the time. Like 'Sakho couldn't get a game' and such. Statement, opinion, doesn't really matter. Wrong is the word you're looking for.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What about it?

You're English. That's the problem. Unlike our antipodean friends, we don't understand the subtleties of the game; we only understand brute force and athleticism. Apparently. 

I reckob Agger is a better player. He didn't have a great season

He didn't, the season before he was even worse - made loads of mistakes.

You're English. That's the problem. Unlike our antipodean friends, we don't understand the subtleties of the game; we only understand brute force and athleticism. Apparently.

I know. He's plainly a bit of a dick, so I was trying to make him say something stupid again. But in Sakho's case, we don't even have to refer to those attributes, as his technical and visionary attributes are clearly superior.

I didn't say he was dodgy on the ball. Agger is just more superior ball player. It's like you can bring up stats about Lucas or Henderson having better pass completion stats, but neither is as good a passer as Steven Gerrard.

I don't mind Sakho at all, he's not a poor player. However, I don't think his inclusion has improved us defensively. I wish it had given how much he cost.

Spot on.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Some people (including myself) are finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that players like Lucas and Agger aren't good enough for where we want to be. As first team players, at least.

Yeh. It's funny how it's actually the same people; those most blind to Lucas's faults also seem to be making up nonsense about Sakho. Usual suspects.

Some people (including myself) are finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that players like Lucas and Agger aren't good enough for where we want to be. As first team players, at least.

I don't really care to be honest. If they're replaced by better players than I'm all for it e.g., Lucas replaced by Gerrard.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, Agger was once good enough, but Lucas has never been one of those players.

He's had one average season and he's still 29. Skrtel had a worse season last year, and picked it up again this year to be one of the best centre backs in the league.

Do you think Skrtel is a top class CB?

Has he been better than Agger for the last 3 years?

I think so. He was one of the best in the league last year. Not at Cannavaro or Nesta level, but good enough to play at most of the top teams in the world.

Skrtel was worse than Agger last year.

Sakho has all the attributes we need in a CB.  He just needs to settle and we need to find a regular partner for him.  He's far from perfect but with the high line we want to play his pace and composure on the ball is important.

He's a cunt but lots of neutral think John Terry has been one of the best CB's in the PL this season.  Stick him our team though and he'd be ripped to shreds.  Likewise his partner Cahill.  Yet the supposed weaker defender Luiz would be a better fit for us.

Its not about who is the best defender necessarily but who is the best fit for the system we play.  That goes for every player in every position. 

• Upvote 4