You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs away match thread.

moof

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So, we've got a game in like an hour.

Any team news? Hopefully we start with some fullbacks.

I reckon this will be the game where we finally put in a good attacking performance.

Rodgers has gone with 6 central defenders, just to piss people off. He's a card, is our Brendan.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Danny given a rest here. He hasn't looked fit, despite the goals, so with Suarez back we might well give him some time. Expect Aspas to score.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Getting Allen back into things would be a real bonus, in my opinion. We paid a lot of money for his natural talent and because he fits in with the way Rodgers wants us to play, he showed how good he was at the beginning before injury and loss of form, and we need to see that again now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Confirmed: Mignolet, Toure, Sakho, Skrtel, Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Gerrard, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge

Subs: Jones, Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Ibe, Kelly, Wisdom.

Personally I would have gone with Kelly at RB and had Toure in for Skrtel at CB.

I think Skrtel is a good player, but very quiet. It was noticeable that Kolo was the defensive organiser in the first few games I thought.

I also think Martin Kelly is head and shoulders a better full back than Toure.

Other than that though, much better balance than the weekend. Obviously not meaning to fuck around tonight.

Let's hope the fucking officials don't cheat us out of it.

• Upvote 1

This could explode in our face.

It's upto Gerrard and Lucas to keep an eye on Kagawa and Rooney in behind Hernandez.

It's then upto Henderson and Moses to put the balls in for Suarez and Sturridge.

Then when we're struggling for 'fitness' on 60, we can look to the bench for Sterling, Ibe and Aspas to change the game...

Gonna watch this through tears.

• Downvote 1

Aside from the obvious answer of 'we'd be out of the cup', how do you think a loss tonight would affect us ?

We're just stumped in the middle of the park, if it continues to not work then I think it has to result in some drastic and permanent changes.

It's the boiler room of a successful side and quite frankly it looks a shambles and has done almost all season.

• Downvote 1