You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This thread is just my opinion so don't shoot me.

I believe this seasons title race is going to be hotly contested between the majority of last seasons top 7. I'm not including Everton as they have lost their manager and replaced him with a manager who has a 25% win percentage.

So I'm going to evaluate the contenders based on what I feel their strengths and weaknesses are.

Manchester United

Strengths

Their overall strength is their never say die atitude and their unwillingness to accept defeat. They turn draws and possible defeats into wins like nobody else. This was instilled into them by recently departed Alex Ferguson. They have a strong attack with 3 strikers capable of scoring lots of goals.

Weaknesses

One of Manchester Uniteds weaknesses is actually Fergusons successor David Moyes. It's just opinion, I don't rate him. It's the mentality. David Moyes at Everton was considered a success yet he won nothing in 11 years. There is widespread believe that he was a pauper in the transfer market. However the reality is he spent large sums on garbage like Andy Johnson, Per Kroldrup and Yakabu.

When Moyes was Everton manager, his philosophy was, if we finish 18th, it's okay as long as Liverpool finish 19th. His ideals are that a 0-0 draw is a fantastic result at grounds such as the Etihad, Stamford Bridge, the Emirates and Anfield. Will

this be accepted by the Old Trafford faithful? Of course not.

I also don't think Manchester United are strong in midfield. They are going to be considerably weaker now that Paul Scholes has retired. Carrick is pedestrian, Cleverley is useless and Anderson, the less said the better.

They have a strong back-line when all centre-backs are fit. But the problem they are going to have is keeping them fit. Smalling, Vidic and Ferdinand are injury prone. If they have to use Phil Jones who can't turn in a square and Jonny Evans, they may struggle.

My prediction on where they will finish.

5th.

Manchester City

Strengths.

Their overall strength is the spine of the side. It's arguably the best in the premier league. They have reinforced with the signing of Fernandinho.

Weaknesses.

Their biggest weakness is their overall ego and the fact they struggle if the brilliant Sergio Aguero is out for a spell.

My prediction on where they will finish.

2nd

Chelsea

Strengths.

Obviously Jose Mourinho, whom I believe to be currently the second best manager in Europe after Pep Gaurdiola. Another strength is their overall wealth of attacking talent.

Weaknesses

The owner interfering in team affairs and his trigger happy atitude. David Luiz can be catastrophic on occasions too. There is also John Terry.

My precdiction on where they will finish

1st

Arsenal

Strengths.

They play some of the best football in the league and have excellent attacking players in Walcott, Oxlaide Chamberlain, Wilshire and Cazorla.

Weaknesses

They have a tendency to lack balls. They should challenge for a champions league place, but they won't challenge for silverware or the title.

My Prediction on where they will finish.

3rd

Tottenham Hotspurs.

Strengths.

They have a great keeper, fantastic back-line and a very strong midfield.

Weaknesses.

Their forwards. Spurs simply don't score enough goals. They have been crying out for a top striker for years but have never signed one. This will prevent them from challenging for the title.

My prediction on where they will finish

6th

Liverpool

Strengths

Their renewed attacking power, Liverpool outscored the entire premier league in 2013 thus far. Brendan Rodgers has Liverpool playing some of their best football since they finished 2nd in 2009. Liverpool have unearthed a gem in Philippe Coutinho. He could be one of the stars of 2013/2014 Some of the things he does are unreal.

Weaknesses.

Liverpool have a tendency to show the better sides too much respect. They get easily bullied by the more physical sides. Luis Suarez is a ticking time bomb. Liverpool need to keep him and need to keep him on the pitch. When he's on form and in the mood, he's unplayable, but it's keeping him there.

My prediction on where they will finish

4th.

This is just my opinion, so don't shoot me. I would like to hear your opinions.

but make them constructive and provide an arguement. It's all about debate.

• Upvote 1

Manchester United will not finish outside the top 4, MajesticSuarez, stop kidding yourself.

Go on provide reasons why you think Manchester United who appointed David Moyes instead of a good manager will finish in the top 4.

I'll tell you why I reckon they won't finish in the top 4 and why they won't win anything either. The reason quite simply is Moyes. He's a poor manager and vastly over-rated and tactically inept.

Moyes in 11 years has finished in the top 4 once. Before you say that was at Everton, it makes no difference. It's all to do with atitude, mentalty and tactics.

Moyes' overall atitude is a draw at grounds like Stamford Bridge is a brilliant result. Top managers will state that nothing other than a win is a top result.

Moyes is a loser and has always been a loser. That's not going to change just because he's had his head rammed up Fergusons arse for the last 10 years in order succeed him.

He's also not the pauper he's made himself out to be either. He's spent vast amounts on crap like Yakabu, Johnson and Kroldrup.

• Upvote 2

David Moyes is nowhere near as bad a manager as your are making him out to be, but it's pointless arguing with you, as you are intent on spouting shite.

When Moyes was Everton manager, his philosophy was, if we finish 18th, it's okay as long as Liverpool finish 19th.

Moyes will obiously have wanted to finish above us, but his aim would have been to finish as high up the table as possible. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

His ideals are that a 0-0 draw is a fantastic result at grounds such as the Etihad, Stamford Bridge, the Emirates and Anfield. Will

this be accepted by the Old Trafford faithful? Of course not.

A draw at the likes of Stamford Bridge and the Emirates is a good result for Everton. There is nothing to suggest that Moyes will regard draws at these grounds as achievements next season.

David Moyes is nowhere near as bad a manager as your are making him out to be, but it's pointless arguing with you, as you are intent on spouting shite.

Moyes will obiously have wanted to finish above us, but his aim would have been to finish as high up the table as possible. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

A draw at the likes of Stamford Bridge and the Emirates is a good result for Everton. There is nothing to suggest that Moyes will regard draws at these grounds as achievements next season.

You seriously haven't a clue.

It's the atitude of a manager which determines what atitude the side will adopt.

Moyes set Everton to park the bus against the better sides. It's his mentality and his philosophy. He'll do the same at United. Manchester United may be harder to beat. However they won't score anywhere near as many goals as they did under Ferguson.

Moyes' atitude is safety first. He knows too well that if he goes toe to toe with the better sides there is a chance United will be killed. Ferguson was occasionally cagey, but Ferguson did it when the points where effectively in the bag.

One example was against us at Old Trafford. United were leading 2-1 against us and United finished the game with 6 defenders. Moyes is inclined to start games like that.

These foruims are based on debate, which is all about agreeing/disagreeing. The fact is and I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't rate David Moyes, he's a poor manager. He is going to be found out to be the poor manager he actually is.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I think that United will finish in the top 4. Time will tell.

You still have to base your point up with reasons. What you've done isn't enough. You cannot make sweeping statements without an arguement to back it up.

So out with it.

You still have to base your point up with reasons. What you've done isn't enough. You cannot make sweeping statements without an arguement to back it up.

So out with it.

I think you'll find he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

I'll give you a couple of reasons though:

Man United won't finish outside the top 4 because they'll start the season with basically the same squad that won the title this season. Added to which, they haven't finished outside the top 4 since 1990/91. Happy?

Moyes in 11 years has finished in the top 4 once. Before you say that was at Everton, it makes no difference.

Man utd have almost £4 to spend for every £1 that Moyes had at Everton- that makes a huge difference.

Success is relative. Moyes did well at Everton. By any measure their PL performance relative to spend was creditable. They are one of those clubs ( like Coventry,Leeds, Southampton, Forest in the past) whom you just accept as top flight, then when the management goes wrong that staus is easily lost. The same could happen to Everton ( although i think that martinez will do, relatively, well).

Man U will finish top three. Mourinho is the most distinguished manager in the modern game and will have Chelsea up there. Pellegrini is a gamble, but one that could come off. Arsenal will do what they are good at, finishing fourth.

Man utd have almost £4 to spend for every £1 that Moyes had at Everton- that makes a huge difference.

Success is relative. Moyes did well at Everton. By any measure their PL performance relative to spend was creditable. They are one of those clubs ( like Coventry,Leeds, Southampton, Forest in the past) whom you just accept as top flight, then when the management goes wrong that staus is easily lost. The same could happen to Everton ( although i think that martinez will do, relatively, well).

Man U will finish top three. Mourinho is the most distinguished manager in the modern game and will have Chelsea up there. Pellegrini is a gamble, but one that could come off. Arsenal will do what they are good at, finishing fourth.

It's very easy to have more money than Everton, as Betty Hotpots bastard son(Kenwright) hasn't got a pot to piss in. Every man and his dog knows he's skint. It's spending and spending wisely.

There is all this talk about Moyes and his brilliant signings i.e. Felliani, Cahill and Baines. Even Steve Bruce made a couple of very good signings. That doesn't make Moyes a good manager.

There is also the talk of Moyes being ''One of the best young managers in the game. Moyes at 50 is young if you compare him to Slur Drinkalot who retired at 71.

Moyes is not a young manager, not by a long shot. He's been a manager for the last 13 years too and has won nothing. Even Mark Hughes and Steve McClown have won something, and they are shit managers.

There is a lot of Liverpool fans down on Brendan Rodgers merely because of his connection to Chelsea. I don't get that. Brendan Rodgers overall is a vastly superior manager to Moyes.

Brendan Rodgers is a top young manager, and is the best young manager in the PL with Villas Boas second and Paul Lambert 3rd. Whereas Moyes whilst at Preston finished 4th in a two horse race and failed to gain promotion. Brendan did get Swansea promoted. Swansea under Brendan played football that only Arsenal could match.

Brendan Rodgers in his first season managing in the premiership took little Swansea to 11th having spent £7 million.

So the moral of the story is, stop arse-licking Moyes.