You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Think you've kind of answered your own question there, mate, it doesn't benefit Suarez, and nor should it. We nearly lost Reina a few years ago when his clause became public knowledge and there would've been nothing we could've done, he would've been gone (lest we forget he wouldn't rule out the Mancs-albeit under the Owl and it looked desperate).

This time, on the surface at least, it looks as if the club left themselves in a more powerful position regarding the negotiating. It must have been inserted last year. Suppose none of us wanted to think that within a year it would be tested, but at least we hold a lot of the cards, which definitely hasn't always been the case in recent times.

Let's hope we haven't sold ourselves short on Surarez. But I wouldn't rest assured until the situation comes to the open when (and if) the sale occurs. You would think we should've learnt our lesson unless we're stupid or just do not care. But hey this is Liverpool we're talking about.

FSG's director of football model really worked out well didn't it.

Bascombe touting club propaganda in order to stay in the loop. Always the good careerist.

I'd say the "model" is a work in progress. Lessons seemed to gave been learnt from the Andy Caroll fiasco and a new scouting/recruiting team & structure put in place. Next few weeks will decide how much of a difference that is making.

I'd say the "model" is a work in progress.

I'd rather they say that than continue to insult *our intelligence.

*our doesn't include people like the endless stream of gifs that is Unrighteous who obviously likes having his/her intelligence insulted.

This handbag ain't pleather, baby.

Sevilla are taking the piss. Apparently we offered 7M for this Alberto kid but thats not enough. Doesn't matter that they were going to let him go to Barcelona to clean boots for half that but now an English club has shown an interest all they can see is bucketfuls of Euro's. They now want an auction. We need to play this properly or else others will think they can do the same.

I'd say we offer our limit for Alberto (6M or whatever the amount is) and that's it. If the kid wanna come, he can come in January or in the summer. We mustn't let them mug us for the price, if like Acolyte said he could go to Barca for half that. Fuck them, if we want him, we'll get him later and can concetrate on other targets for now.. There is plenty of quality young players out there.

So we are going to spend nearly 10 million euros on a player who wasn't good enough to get in the Spanish under 21 squad for the euros, great!

When we didn't take chances on players in the past, we got bitten. Now we're finally doing that and people complain. Fuckin sky sports generation cum guzzlers.

Nani for 8m anyone?

Pisses over any winger we have or have been linked with, has something to prove and for 8m is an absolute steal.

VERY unlikely I know but for this kind of price I'd like us to at least try, offering him chance to be key player in big team you never know.

Have you not realised that there hasn't been transfer activity between Liverpool and Manchester United since Phil Chisnall in 1964? The reason that occured was because Bill Shankly and Matt Busby were best friends.

They won't sell to us, we won't sell to them, it's the way it is. There has been players that have played for both clubs i.e. Ted McDougall, John Gidman, Michael Owen, Peter Beardsley, Paul Ince. However no direct transfers since 1964. They kicked up a stink over Heinze.

I don't like the guy either but ability wise he is top class and exactly the type of player we need for the wing.

8m is an absolute steal for a player of his ability, right now we are trying to buy youngster from Sevilla for that amount and want same for shelvey.

I won't disagree he's a cunt but I could live with him if he was scoring and making goals for us.

Have you not realised that there hasn't been transfer activity between Liverpool and Manchester United since Phil Chisnall in 1964? The reason that occured was because Bill Shankly and Matt Busby were best friends.

They won't sell to us, we won't sell to them, it's the way it is. There has been players that have played for both clubs i.e. Ted McDougall, John Gidman, Michael Owen, Peter Beardsley, Paul Ince. However no direct transfers since 1964. They kicked up a stink over Heinze.

Yea I know mate but Ferguson has just gone and nani only has 1 year left on his contract.

If we match bid other teams do and he wants to come they can either sell or loose for nothing next year.

Its very unlikely I know but who knows maybe he's been unhappy with treatment at manu and would like nothing better then to show them how good he is at one of their rivals.

Yea I know mate but Ferguson has just gone and nani only has 1 year left on his contract.

If we match bid other teams do and he wants to come they can either sell or loose for nothing next year.

Its very unlikely I know but who knows maybe he's been unhappy with treatment at manu and would like nothing better then to show them how good he is at one of their rivals.

You're forgetting something, the referee buyer may not be manager, but he's still there, pulling Moyes' strings. Moyes can't piss without asking Fergusons permission.

It's Wilf McGuinness all over again. Anyone that can't see that has worse eyesight than Stevie Wonder.

There is a snowballs chance in hell of them selling us one of their players, not that we want him. Nani is in one word........a cunt.