You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Lies? They had the receipts how are they lies? Explain ?! 

Because she didn't claim for make-up on expenses, did she? The Telegraph (who are real Tories, incidentally) were shit-stirring and lying through their teeth.

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

There are more food banks than there used to be. Doesn't it stand to reason that more people will be using them? Food banks started to proliferate when the coalition lifted the ban on referring people to them, of course.

You obviously have a thing about Thatcher, like you feel she's the embodiment of evil or something. I didn't particularly like her myself, but I don't see the relevance of my or your feelings about her.

Typical. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not much of a surprise to see you type that. 

I wouldn't want a statue of Thatcher but can see that some would, its not the worst view in the world. I do like to see someone stand their ground over such an issue when the pack circles. Its good for the site.

Just now, A Red said:

I wouldn't want a statue of Thatcher but can see that some would, its not the worst view in the world. I do like to see someone stand their ground over such an issue when the pack circles. Its good for the site.

That surprises me. But I'm glad you agree that she shouldn't. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

That surprises me. But I'm glad you agree that she shouldn't. 

But equally its not a crime to be sympathetic or not arsed should some people recommend or not be bothered if there was one.

1 minute ago, A Red said:

But equally its not a crime to be sympathetic or not arsed should some people recommend or not be bothered if there was one.

Nor is it a crime not to want a statue of that cunt put up and to disagree with those who advocate it. 

44 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I think it's bang out of order you comparing me to that horrible bastard Silverlining. He was a shitehawk who used to go around hurling abuse at people. All I've been doing is calmly and civilly discussing political stuff. And you want me booted off the forum for it. What gives?

Have to agree with this. You might be a bad bellwhiff sometimes but you are certainly nowhere near the likes of that cunt. 

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Have to agree with this. You might be a bad bellwhiff sometimes but you are certainly nowhere near the likes of that cunt. 

Yeah i'll take that back. 

The Thatcher statue shouts are disgusting though. 

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Why do you keep posting about Swinson's alleged election overspend even though you've been told she was cleared of any wrongdoing? Telegraph hit pieces, I mean, really.

No interest in the nonsense about coalition. It happened, Britain recovered, move on.

I personally have moved on, I just won’t forget or forgive the disaster that was the coalition. Cherry picked, twisted, or irrelevant ‘facts’ about how wonderful a job Lib Dems did whilst ignoring other facts or the wider picture won’t change that. 

Not sure about us having "recovered" from austerity when hardly a thing seems to have changed. Maybe some offshore accounts got a bit bigger though. It might also be one of the main reasons why so many people got pissed off with elites that don't care and the EU vote went the way it did.

Thought this article was good : The Lib Dems are deeply stained by austerity. Don’t trust them