You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Because people raised Jo Swinson's support for a Thatcher statue. In the Lib Dem thread.

Are you saying you have never spoke about anything not relevant to a thread title in that thread? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Are you saying you have never spoke about anything not relevant to a thread title in that thread? 

I think Jo Swinson and her opinions are relevant in a Lib Dem thread, being as how she's the leader of the Lib Dems.

I don't see the relevance of what Sammy posted, to me or the topic.

8 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't think you have the first clue about what "liberal" means.

4 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't want you to defend my right to be unbalanced. I've no interest in being anything other than balanced.

I don't want to live in a country where only one point of view is tolerated. That's literally the opposite of liberalism (for anyone who needs help understanding the term).

8 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't know what the question is. All I know is that this is the Lib Dem thread, and yet again you are boring the world about Israel.

I don't want to live in a country where only one point of view is tolerated. That's literally the opposite of liberalism (for anyone who needs help understanding the term).

The wider point is you speaking out of both sides of your mouth when it suits, which is generally all the time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I think Jo Swinson and her opinions are relevant in a Lib Dem thread, being as how she's the leader of the Lib Dems.

I don't see the relevance of what Sammy posted, to me or the topic.

Yep ok then. She voted for austerity. The bedroom tax etc. 

She is an evil horrible tory bitch. 

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/07/can-you-vote-jo-swinson-if-you-oppose-austerity

1 minute ago, SammyAftershave said:

The wider point is you speaking out of both sides of your mouth when it suits, which is generally all the time.

What are you talking about? Do you even know yourself?

You obviously have a bee in your bonnet about Israel, and for some reason you think it's relevant to me and my party. I don't get it.

3 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I'm talking about the achievement of being the first woman Prime Minister.

Also, I am from Liverpool. L7, born and raised. An odd post all round.

It’s not an odd post all round. Who do you think you are Xerxes?

Put aside that one aspect, which is an achievement, everything else that she did Does not hide the fact that she was an absolute twat of a person. And anyone supporting the calls for a monument for her is also a cunt.

• Upvote 1

Remember when the Lib Dems were sound under Kennedy? When they got loads of seats.

How did they go from that to the snake oil salesmen Clegg, a celebrity homophobe, the fella that sold off the Post Office, and then finally a full blown Tory?

No wonder Stronts sounds exponentially more ridiculous trying to defend that shower of wankers.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sixtimes Dog said:

Yeah, you reckon Labour's centre-left are Tories, so I won't lose any sleep over you thinking that Swinson is one. Especially as the rest of your 'analysis' is so wrong.

How come you yet again ignored my examples of her being a snake? 

She is a tory. Plain and simple. She has only gone for the Lib Dem post because she knows she hasn't got a chance in a bigger party. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

How come you yet again ignored my examples of her being a snake? 

She is a tory. Plain and simple. She has only gone for the Lib Dem post because she knows she hasn't got a chance in a bigger party. 

Because - and I know this is going to shock you - I disagreed about pretty much all of it. That Swinson supported coalition policy when she was part of the coalition government is not much of a gotcha.

I already know you don't know what a liberal is, seems you don't know what a Tory is either.

7 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Because - and I know this is going to shock you - I disagreed about pretty much all of it. That Swinson supported coalition policy when she was part of the coalition government is not much of a gotcha.

I already know you don't know what a liberal is, seems you don't know what a Tory is either.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/18/liberal-democrat-jo-swinson-faces-serious-questions-election/

Swinson voted with the 2010-15 Tory-led government to back some of the most disastrous, harmful and utterly gratuitous cuts to public spending. Her voting record is stark. The bedroom tax, the Education Maintenance Allowance cut, the public sector pay cap, disability benefit cuts, general welfare cuts, cuts to local authority funding — it’s all there.

In terms of her voting record, Swinson is no different on paper from the Conservative ministers of the time.

There are many who could never vote for someone who was a part of inflicting misery on people’s lives for the bogus aim of “living within our means”.

Austerity isn’t just some abstract agenda consigned to political history — it’s a day-to-day reality for millions, and its effects are nowhere near an end. You can’t just dismiss it, and you shouldn’t just dismiss those who say they can’t.

Come again Strontz? What are you 'disagreeing about'? 

Why do you keep posting about Swinson's alleged election overspend even though you've been told she was cleared of any wrongdoing? Telegraph hit pieces, I mean, really.

No interest in the nonsense about coalition. It happened, Britain recovered, move on.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

No interest in the nonsense about coalition. It happened, Britain recovered, move on.

How fucking convenient eh SD. 

Britain recovered? What world do you live on. Over 2000 foodbanks being used ? Over 1.5 million used one last year. Recovered? Your morally corrupt party sided with the tories and your current leader was one of the leading reasons why this country is on its arse to this day. Don't lie and call it recovery. You are just short of being as bad a cunt on here as Silverlining. The Thatcher shouts earlier were out of order for this site. Disgusting shouts. 

• Upvote 2

How fucking convenient eh SD. 

Britain recovered? What world do you live on. Over 2000 foodbanks being used ? Over 1.5 million used one last year. Recovered? Your morally corrupt party sided with the tories and your current leader was one of the leading reasons why this country is on its arse to this day. Don't lie and call it recovery. You are just short of being as bad a cunt on here as Silverlining. The Thatcher shouts earlier were out of order for this site. Disgusting shouts. You are making a prick of yourself again. Just leave 

I disagree with you over the coalition, I don't get the hostility. I had hoped you were sincere when we agreed to disagree in a more chilled manner, not sure what's changed since.

When the coalition took power in 2010, Britain was borrowing 9.9% of GDP, by the end of coalition it had halved. Unemployment was 8% in 2010, by 2015 it was 5 point something. That's what I mean by recovering. More people in work and able to support themselves, and the country spending less on servicing debt.

I think it's bang out of order you comparing me to that horrible bastard Silverlining. He was a shitehawk who used to go around hurling abuse at people. All I've been doing is calmly and civilly discussing political stuff. And you want me booted off the forum for it. What gives?

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I disagree with you over the coalition, I don't get the hostility. I had hoped you were sincere when we agreed to disagree in a more chilled manner, not sure what's changed since.

When the coalition took power in 2010, Britain was borrowing 9.9% of GDP, by the end of coalition it had halved. Unemployment was 8% in 2010, by 2015 it was 5 point something. That's what I mean by recovering. More people in work and able to support themselves, and the country spending less on servicing debt.

I think it's bang out of order you comparing me to that horrible bastard Silverlining. He was a shitehawk who used to go around hurling abuse at people. All I've been doing is calmly and civilly discussing political stuff. And you want me booted off the forum for it. What gives?

Food bank use is at an all time high. How can you say we recovered? Your party was part of it all. Just admit it?

The hostility comes from your hypocrisy. I also can't believe your Thatcher shouts. On here of all places. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Would you post Telegraph shite about Corbyn? I don't think so. 10 year old lies that have already been debunked.

Food bank use is at an all time high. How can you say we recovered? Your party was part of it all. Just admit it?

The hostility comes from your hypocrisy. I also can't believe your Thatcher shouts. On here of all places. 

There are more food banks than there used to be. Doesn't it stand to reason that more people will be using them? Food banks started to proliferate when the coalition lifted the ban on referring people to them, of course.

You obviously have a thing about Thatcher, like you feel she's the embodiment of evil or something. I didn't particularly like her myself, but I don't see the relevance of my or your feelings about her.