You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

On 19/08/2022 at 05:08, Rico1304 said:

Kids who don’t understand bar etiquette. I’m in a queue for an airport beer and a group of 8 young lads are all ordering separately - 1 pint and a bacon butty. JUST SEND ONE PERSON UP FOR THE GROUP! 

In fairness young lads don't have that kind of cash. How much is it for an airport pint about four grand?

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

In fairness young lads don't have that kind of cash. How much is it for an airport pint about four grand?

Bet it wouldn’t be far off a hundred for 8 pints and butties. And you can guarantee there’s a couple out the group who’d ‘forget’ to pay back the unfortunate sod who took the hit.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Bet it wouldn’t be far off a hundred for 8 pints and butties. And you can guarantee there’s a couple out the group who’d ‘forget’ to pay back the unfortunate sod who took the hit.

Nowadays these kids can move cash around quicker than a mob accountant - even I can do it and I’m barely able to use a keyboard.   If someone didn’t cough up they don’t get one.  Useless cunts.  

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The quality of Next boxers. 

I’ve bought mine from them for over 2 decades but the last two packs have been shite. 

Cheap, crap material, stitching already coming undone and so thin they offer zero support or comfort. 

All for £28 for a pack of 3? 

Robbing cunts. 

Yeah it's another side of the cost of living shite, their stuff has gone crap, I had some jeans which lasted about two months.

8 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The quality of Next boxers. 

I’ve bought mine from them for over 2 decades but the last two packs have been shite. 

Cheap, crap material, stitching already coming undone and so thin they offer zero support or comfort. 

All for £28 for a pack of 3? 

Robbing cunts. 

TK Maxx is the place to go for boxers & socks.

My brother put me on to it a few months ago & I'd never go anywhere else now.

• Upvote 1

All undies are useless nowadays, frankly. I don't know whether it's just my "special area" being a bit radioactive or the washing machine (or both) but they all end up with an ever widening hole in the gusset area after a couple of months. It's just not good enough, frankly.    

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Total Longo said:

All undies are useless nowadays, frankly. I don't know whether it's just my "special area" being a bit radioactive or the washing machine (or both) but they all end up with an ever widening hole in the gusset area after a couple of months. It's just not good enough, frankly.    

Yep,me too. Unfortunately it's not due to any special package though,just inferior manufacturing. Going commando is much too painful.

First of all job adverts that don't advertise the salary and instead put 'competitive'.  Competitive with what?  If it's competitive in the market, advertise it.  You've nothing to be ashamed of.  I'm saying this because I've applied for a job and have an interview over Teams today, but on top of the salary issue I've got issues with how they've arranged the invite to interview.

Looking back in my notes I applied for this job back in July and heard nothing for over a month.  Then a fortnight ago I was sat in the office in a meeting and my phone went.  It was my daughters first day in her new school and thought it may have been them calling with a problem (whole different thread!), so I answered.  It was the company I applied to and asked if I had a few minutes to talk, said they were impressed with my application and would put it through to the hiring manager.  I'm very happy in my job but this was advertised as four days home based, one in the office and work/life balance is fucking huge to me for personal reasons I won't go into.

Two weeks passes and nothing.  Then Monday I'm at home on an online course and the phone goes.  An American named Brad is calling from Poland on behalf of the potential employer.  He's got an American/European twang and I can't understand a fucking word because it sounds like he's calling on a potato, but we manage to stumble through it and I thought "fuck it" and asked him the salary.  "We don't disclose things like that during the application stage, I'm afraid", like it's some government secret.  He offers me two interview dates, Wednesday (today) or Thursday, both at 1pm and over Teams.  It'll last an hour.  So I opt for today as I'm at a funeral tomorrow.  He books it in and says he'll send the invitation over that afternoon.  4.46pm it finally arrives and I read the email.  Turns out I have to do a presentation on methodologies used in my career in this particular area of work.  So 8 weeks after I apply I finally get an interview and I've less that 48 hours to do my own job, prep for this job and write a presentation to deliver to two fellas on the end of the computer for a job they won't tell me how much it's paying.

Also when reading the role profile they've now sent me which is vastly more detailed than the advert, it says 'work across UK and wider Group.....' when their original ad said home based four days of the week.  The reason I went for the job in the first place was due to the ability to work from home 80% of the time as my current work situation allows me to leave the office when I need to (again, a whole other thread!)

Told the wife I may bail because it looks like I'll be needed to be away from home, but she told me to see what they have to say.  I've been up until 3am Monday and Tuesday night writing a presentation which is shite because they've given me no real time to prep, and I may go through the process and find out it's not suitable anyway.

Bottom line is, just tell the fucking truth in your adverts and stop treating people like fucking seals clapping for fish and being grateful you're giving them the time to run themselves into the ground to fuck 99% of applicants off.

Twats.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

49 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

First of all job adverts that don't advertise the salary and instead put 'competitive'.  Competitive with what?  If it's competitive in the market, advertise it.  You've nothing to be ashamed of.  I'm saying this because I've applied for a job and have an interview over Teams today, but on top of the salary issue I've got issues with how they've arranged the invite to interview.

Looking back in my notes I applied for this job back in July and heard nothing for over a month.  Then a fortnight ago I was sat in the office in a meeting and my phone went.  It was my daughters first day in her new school and thought it may have been them calling with a problem (whole different thread!), so I answered.  It was the company I applied to and asked if I had a few minutes to talk, said they were impressed with my application and would put it through to the hiring manager.  I'm very happy in my job but this was advertised as four days home based, one in the office and work/life balance is fucking huge to me for personal reasons I won't go into.

Two weeks passes and nothing.  Then Monday I'm at home on an online course and the phone goes.  An American named Brad is calling from Poland on behalf of the potential employer.  He's got an American/European twang and I can't understand a fucking word because it sounds like he's calling on a potato, but we manage to stumble through it and I thought "fuck it" and asked him the salary.  "We don't disclose things like that during the application stage, I'm afraid", like it's some government secret.  He offers me two interview dates, Wednesday (today) or Thursday, both at 1pm and over Teams.  It'll last an hour.  So I opt for today as I'm at a funeral tomorrow.  He books it in and says he'll send the invitation over that afternoon.  4.46pm it finally arrives and I read the email.  Turns out I have to do a presentation on methodologies used in my career in this particular area of work.  So 8 weeks after I apply I finally get an interview and I've less that 48 hours to do my own job, prep for this job and write a presentation to deliver to two fellas on the end of the computer for a job they won't tell me how much it's paying.

Also when reading the role profile they've now sent me which is vastly more detailed than the advert, it says 'work across UK and wider Group.....' when their original ad said home based four days of the week.  The reason I went for the job in the first place was due to the ability to work from home 80% of the time as my current work situation allows me to leave the office when I need to (again, a whole other thread!)

Told the wife I may bail because it looks like I'll be needed to be away from home, but she told me to see what they have to say.  I've been up until 3am Monday and Tuesday night writing a presentation which is shite because they've given me no real time to prep, and I may go through the process and find out it's not suitable anyway.

Bottom line is, just tell the fucking truth in your adverts and stop treating people like fucking seals clapping for fish and being grateful you're giving them the time to run themselves into the ground to fuck 99% of applicants off.

Twats.

Good luck with the interview mate 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Furmedge said:

Twats.

Good luck mate, I hope it's everything you want.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Furmedge said:

Twats.

You have a LOT going on.  Good luck. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Twats.

You should have trusted your instinct to bail and said no to your wife. This one is on her, simple as that. 

Unless it goes well, then the glory is yours. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Twats.

It's times like this that the option to send a digital headbutt is sorely missed. 

• Upvote 1

I was walking along a path that had two colours one for walking and one for cycling, I'm oblivious to this, and was walking on the cycling side when I heard a bell ringing behind me and it was some scooter cunt I told him tofuck offand get On The Road but no you're a drivers nightmare you fucking cunt so he advised me to stop drinking and get back up North and he scooted away, but such was the rage I had and if armed with a piece one couldn't envisage the outcome. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I was walking along a path that had two colours one for walking and one for cycling, I'm oblivious to this, and was walking on the cycling side when I heard a bell ringing behind me and it was some scooter cunt I told him tofuck offand get On The Road but no you're a drivers nightmare you fucking cunt so he advised me to stop drinking and get back up North and he scooted away, but such was the rage I had and if armed with a piece one couldn't envisage the outcome. 

This has tickled me 

17 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Twats.

Christ, if that's what you have to go through applying then red flags a plenty, what a shower of cunts. Be sure to give the cunts some feedback that their application process does not represent their company and role in a good light.

And the competitive salary thing is a complete cunts trick to try and take you on, on the bare minimum that they can get away with. I'm applying for a job at the moment but just going through the motions as the recruiter keeps on trying to lower my salary expectations, whats the point in leaving unless I am going to at least maintain my current pay. At least I'll get some much needed interview practise.

• Upvote 2

This competitive salary bollocks can only be for 1 of 2 reasons. Either you will be going in at a higher salary than someone else doing the exact same job and they don't want them to know this or you'll be going in on a lower salary and they don't want you to know this.

Had the interview, and it was plainly obvious I'd had very little time to prepare. The presentation was shite and kept referring back to my notes and the answers to questions were poorly thought out because of the small window of time to review the job profile and come up with examples beforehand. 

At the end they said they'd let me know as they've got interviews the rest of the week and next week. At that point I couldn't hold my tongue and told them I'd had less than 48 hours to prepare with no offer of interviews beyond that date and others obviously have another week to get themselves ready which was a little unfair and would probably show in the quality of their interviews over mine. Got some waffle back that I did extremely well and should be happy, however still made the point I had to spend two evenings up until the early hours just to have something to present.

I won't get it. I wouldn't give it to me based on the interview, but then again I would never put someone in the same position.

• Upvote 6