You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

25 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Had the interview, and it was plainly obvious I'd had very little time to prepare. The presentation was shite and kept referring back to my notes and the answers to questions were poorly thought out because of the small window of time to review the job profile and come up with examples beforehand. 

At the end they said they'd let me know as they've got interviews the rest of the week and next week. At that point I couldn't hold my tongue and told them I'd had less than 48 hours to prepare with no offer of interviews beyond that date and others obviously have another week to get themselves ready which was a little unfair and would probably show in the quality of their interviews over mine. Got some waffle back that I did extremely well and should be happy, however still made the point I had to spend two evenings up until the early hours just to have something to present.

I won't get it. I wouldn't give it to me based on the interview, but then again I would never put someone in the same position.

A recruitment process is as much an opportunity for the candidate to assess the company as vice versa. I know it doesn’t always feel like that, particularly if the job is really wanted/needed. 

Judging by your experience, they don’t sound like the kind of company you should be offering your services to.

Fuck them.  

• Upvote 1

When I was made redundant, I applied for a manager's position somewhere, would have been relatively small, maybe 6 people. They made me do a presentation, I interviewed for 3 hours and then had a subsequent 2nd interview with 3 completely different people. Money was ok nothing amazing, hours were fucking horrendous but I went for it as I was desperate. 

I didnt get it and have never been so relieved not to get a job. The thought of working there makes me shudder now and I fucking hate my current job. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Sat in the pub and a couple have walked in with a dog in a pram, staff are like flies around shit. A new low for civilization.

Dogs - infamous for their hatred of walking.

Jesus Christ 

My fucking twin brother, last Friday we were out & this (fit) bird decided to fuck her pals off & start hanging about with us, it was clear she was interested in at least one of us. Anyway later on I came back from a piss & he goes, "She's told me it's me she's into.". Fair enough, her fucking choice but I can't say I was over the moon.

It ended up messy & she legged it about 4am after they'd pulled a bit, clearly absolutely blootered & in no fit state to be going home with a bloke she'd just met. Now he's managed to find her name & that out & since he's not on Facebook or messenger, he wants me to message her. I mean as if her picking him over me wasn't indignity enough, now I'm gonnae have to pass his number on.

I know you'll suggest I should pretend to be him & rattle her but his hair is a bit longer than mine & I would never do that to my brother.

I'm just going to wait until she finds out he's a Brexit voting, unionist, Rangers supporting bigot & laugh myself to sleep at night at the fallout.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

My fucking twin brother, last Friday we were out & this (fit) bird decided to fuck her pals off & start hanging about with us, it was clear she was interested in at least one of us. Anyway later on I came back from a piss & he goes, "She's told me it's me she's into.". Fair enough, her fucking choice but I can't say I was over the moon.

It ended up messy & she legged it about 4am after they'd pulled a bit, clearly absolutely blootered & in no fit state to be going home with a bloke she'd just met. Now he's managed to find her name & that out & since he's not on Facebook or messenger, he wants me to message her. I mean as if her picking him over me wasn't indignity enough, now I'm gonnae have to pass his number on.

I know you'll suggest I should pretend to be him & rattle her but his hair is a bit longer than mine & I would never do that to my brother.

I'm just going to wait until she finds out he's a Brexit voting, unionist, Rangers supporting bigot & laugh myself to sleep at night at the fallout.

Get a pic up you pair of creeps!