You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Also, here's one of those "am I the baddie?" situations. 

In the William Gladstone last night pre-curry.  It's busy but not rammed.  I go to the bar and there's a fells standing a metre away from the bar holding a menu.  I sort of hover by him seeing as he might be wanting to order or might be deciding or waiting for someone, who knows what the fuck he's doing.  There's no obvious queue system anyway.  Some fella walks in front of us and gets served.  Menu guy doesn't say anything so I assume he's not wanting to order so I do the same and get served immediately.  Suddenly he starts huffing and puffing and flailing his arms.  I suggested he might want to actually stand at the bar if he wants to get served then some woman pipes up in a dead none sutble way, "Yeah there's MEANT to be a queue here but some people are just BARGING their way to the front."  I start laughing with my back to her and she continues "Yeah ARSEHOLES" at which point the original fella who went ahead said something along the lines of it being a pub, not the Queen's coffin to me which makes me laugh even more. Enter more comments from this woman.  I just walked back with my pints with a bit shit eating grin on my face. 

I'm all for the "he was first mate" culture when stood at the bar but what's with the unnecessary queuing? If you want serving; stand at the fucking bar. 

Anyway, am I an arsehole?*

*for this, not all the other stuff. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Cheers. Wouldn’t stop me going but I’ll take a leaf out of your book in checking the bill in future.

I wonder if the waitress had a walk-out and was trying to make up the shortfall so it didn’t come out of her wages, which is illegal but some managers seem to be trying to do.

They were 90% full so wouldn't have thought so but who knows.  Maybe she was just a dopey cunt? Their paneer garlic chilli is so good I'd still go back. 

11 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Also, here's one of those "am I the baddie?" situations. 

In the William Gladstone last night pre-curry.  It's busy but not rammed.  I go to the bar and there's a fells standing a metre away from the bar holding a menu.  I sort of hover by him seeing as he might be wanting to order or might be deciding or waiting for someone, who knows what the fuck he's doing.  There's no obvious queue system anyway.  Some fella walks in front of us and gets served.  Menu guy doesn't say anything so I assume he's not wanting to order so I do the same and get served immediately.  Suddenly he starts huffing and puffing and flailing his arms.  I suggested he might want to actually stand at the bar if he wants to get served then some woman pipes up in a dead none sutble way, "Yeah there's MEANT to be a queue here but some people are just BARGING their way to the front."  I start laughing with my back to her and she continues "Yeah ARSEHOLES" at which point the original fella who went ahead said something along the lines of it being a pub, not the Queen's coffin to me which makes me laugh even more. Enter more comments from this woman.  I just walked back with my pints with a bit shit eating grin on my face. 

I'm all for the "he was first mate" culture when stood at the bar but what's with the unnecessary queuing? If you want serving; stand at the fucking bar. 

Anyway, am I an arsehole?*

*for this, not all the other stuff. 

I usually ask them if they are waiting to be served if they are in a limbo position near the bar.

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Spot on mate. Just another example of the selfish culture the UK has wrapped itself up in. 

I've had arguments with people outside the Tesco by us. I don't think there's anything wrong with some public shaming now and again.

And this is my opinion, but they usually drive Range Rover Sports, or Audi Q7s. 

I do wonder if they placed the spots further away whether it'd make a difference. I don't know whether it's sheer laziness, an attempt to prevent their car getting scratched or just the old 'only popping in' excuse but going to start letting my trolley roll into their cars from now on. 

3 hours ago, Furmedge said:

In Aintree there are disabled and parent/child spots right in front of the Sports Direct gym.  You see people in spandex that looks like they're stuffed full of power tools walking from them on their own to the gym door.  Burns my head out.

You can drive yourself mad with it. Aintree Retail Park is another problem because they're all located at the front and it's near impossible to get a space there. Luckily there's a side bit which nobody uses near Pets at Home that I use frequently. 

Been times where I've parked well away from the shop only to return to someone parked either side of me when there's plenty of space elsewhere. The times I've had to leave the pram in front of the car whilst I jump in the car and move out of the space so I can get the baby in is unreal. 

The other bug bear is people parking right up your arse in a spot so you can't access your boot. 

Maybe the problem is just UK parking spaces (beyond a select few selfish cunts)? 

3 hours ago, Furmedge said:

In Aintree there are disabled and parent/child spots right in front of the Sports Direct gym.  You see people in spandex that looks like they're stuffed full of power tools walking from them on their own to the gym door.  Burns my head out.

I take my two kids to their swimming lessons at the JD gym in Hunts Cross. Bearing in mind people are going the gym for a workout, they all try to park as short a walking distance as possible.  They even park on the pavement outside the door! There's about 500 parking spaces!!! 

Women who think they're the only one ever to own a mobile phone and just HAVE to be on that phone-call that just sounds like two people chatting absolute shit while at the till balancing the phone between their neck and cheek no yes, please, thank you to the shop assistant while they've parked their giant leased car right outside the shop front door despite there being a car park right next to it. Cunts fuck off you attention seeking wag wannabe you're fucking feet are minging you absolute hopper you aren't important you're a self centred attention seeking fucking scrote of a human and every single person in here can see right through your bullshit 

I’ve posted this before but dads who take kids sport too seriously. Yesterday I ran the line for our youngest, they got spanked 7.1 but even after 5.0 the opposition manager was shouting across the pitch to question offsides. Not helped by my hangover and the fact I was trying to hold the flag and a mug of tea at the sane time but still an annoying twat. 

12 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve posted this before but dads who take kids sport too seriously. Yesterday I ran the line for our youngest, they got spanked 7.1 but even after 5.0 the opposition manager was shouting across the pitch to question offsides. Not helped by my hangover and the fact I was trying to hold the flag and a mug of tea at the sane time but still an annoying twat. 

I assume his mother is now buried in your garden? 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

As a ref,and a coach with a few qualifications,I see some of the most appalling coaching there is pre match. Warm up exercises that basically dont exist and the shouting of instructions that make no sense whatsoever. Eight year olds have no idea what a 'hole' or 'between the lines' means. Just shut up and let the kids play as you are more of a hindrance than a help.

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

As a ref,and a coach with a few qualifications,I see some of the most appalling coaching there is pre match. Warm up exercises that basically dont exist and the shouting of instructions that make no sense whatsoever. Eight year olds have no idea what a 'hole' or 'between the lines' means. Just shut up and let the kids play as you are more of a hindrance than a help.

My daughter used to do gymnastics and the teachers thought they were running the Russian Olympic team. Wouldn't mind but they were all fat cunts.

• Haha 1

It’s hardly a rant, but I couldn’t quickly find the little things that annoy you thread, and to be honest this falls part way between the two anyhow.

I pay a hundred and odd quid every year to have nfl game pass so I can watch the American football, and for the second time this season I’m not gonna have the opportunity to watch my packers because it’s “blacked out” as the live game on Sky.

I pay for the ability to watch my team because I’m not gonna get Sky to watch my team occasionally, and to get reliable streams instead of searching for dodgy ones. Now I’m stuck for the second time in the first 3 weeks of the season (the other of which was at 1:20am by the way) not getting the product I’m paying for.

cunts.

11 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s hardly a rant, but I couldn’t quickly find the little things that annoy you thread, and to be honest this falls part way between the two anyhow.

I pay a hundred and odd quid every year to have nfl game pass so I can watch the American football, and for the second time this season I’m not gonna have the opportunity to watch my packers because it’s “blacked out” as the live game on Sky.

I pay for the ability to watch my team because I’m not gonna get Sky to watch my team occasionally, and to get reliable streams instead of searching for dodgy ones. Now I’m stuck for the second time in the first 3 weeks of the season (the other of which was at 1:20am by the way) not getting the product I’m paying for.

cunts.

The Packers?

images(24).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Shit drivers, there's more around than ever.

And I don't mean boy racers and white van men.

I mean people who do 17mph in 30 zones, take hours to turn or dither at roundabouts giving way to invisible cars.

Sick of these fucks.

I used to be a boss driver however the older I get I find I’m losing my confidence on the roads, more so of a night.

People who queue for 30 minutes at the Drive through for food. Especially those who block roads to do so

People who think the whole world revolves around them. You know the types, hogging 2 self serve tills whilst they chat shit to each other or hold a lift in a car park to finish a conversation

'Don't mind me, I have just finished work and want to get home'

Finally, people who always have a better way to do things and needlessly convolute the process 

They often come to you for advice then partially listen to your solution and then say 'what I might do is....'

They don't like it when you tell them to get on with and don't bother you again on the topic 

Twats everywhere 

• 1 month later...

How much we get obsessed with trivia. This Ryan Reynolds Wrexham thing is a case in point. Quirky and mildly amazing at best, worthy of a newspaper story, but Christ. Netflix documentaries, documentaries about the making of the documentary.

Endless stories with news reporters going into the Welsh rarebit shop and asking if they've served Ryan Reynolds Welsh rarebit yet, to which they reply no but he's always welcome.

"From dead-pool, to dead-good-football owner. Why a Hollywood movie star could be saying pop-ty-ping at a fish and chip shop (with no Chinese meals available) near you.

I feel like some of this kind of shit, like the endless - endless - stuff about Matt Hancock, is turning my brain into mush, like those cows with BSE when their brain turns into yoghurt and starts pouring out their nose and they keel over on their own shit.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How much we get obsessed with trivia. This Ryan Reynolds Wrexham thing is a case in point. Quirky and mildly amazing at best, worthy of a newspaper story, but Christ. Netflix documentaries, documentaries about the making of the documentary.

Endless stories with news reporters going into the Welsh rarebit shop and asking if they've served Ryan Reynolds Welsh rarebit yet, to which they reply no but he's always welcome.

"From dead-pool, to dead-good-football owner. Why a Hollywood movie star could be saying pop-ty-ping at a fish and chip shop (with no Chinese meals available) near you.

I feel like some of this kind of shit, like the endless - endless - stuff about Matt Hancock, is turning my brain into mush, like those cows with BSE when their brain turns into yoghurt and starts pouring out their nose and they keel over on their own shit.

That Wrexham documentary is boss 

38 minutes ago, Mudface said:

A few mates and relatives are Wrexham fans, they're absolutely loving it grafter a shit decade or two 

I bet, I'd be the same, I just can't believe Good Morning Britain and the likes are still going on about it after all this time, sending camera crews to interview people in Greggs and all the rest.

There's a patronising, snarky undertone to it too. The idea of 'oooh it's a bit different from Hollywood round here isn't it? They've got the Hollywood Hills, Wrexham has got a Wetherspoons." 

Was the same when Samuel L Jackson shot that film in Liverpool. I remember Jonathan Ross and his audience pissing themselves and Jackson was looking at him like 'what the fuck is so funny?'

It's this kind of sneering, London media colonialism. Why would anyone famous want to do or have any interaction with anyone outside London. Quick, Felicity, get your passport and tetanus jab and go to Wrexham and ask some people in Crosshatch jumpers if they've ever seen Deadpool. 

48 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I bet, I'd be the same, I just can't believe Good Morning Britain and the likes are still going on about it after all this time, sending camera crews to interview people in Greggs and all the rest.

There's a patronising, snarky undertone to it too. The idea of 'oooh it's a bit different from Hollywood round here isn't it? They've got the Hollywood Hills, Wrexham has got a Wetherspoons." 

Was the same when Samuel L Jackson shot that film in Liverpool. I remember Jonathan Ross and his audience pissing themselves and Jackson was looking at him like 'what the fuck is so funny?'

It's this kind of sneering, London media colonialism. Why would anyone famous want to do or have any interaction with anyone outside London. Quick, Felicity, get your passport and tetanus jab and go to Wrexham and ask some people in Crosshatch jumpers if they've ever seen Deadpool. 

I've no doubt there's an element of that, but I'd guess the big driving force is the owners' PR team. They want streaming views and the club to be publicised as it makes them money- let's face it, they ain't getting anywhere near the same amount as they can get through the documentaries.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Off  topic but when that film was being made I worked down the dock road at an engineers merchant, the production company for the film set up a trading account with us (51st State Productions) and would buy tools and stuff and we got pally with the guys coming in most days, they gave us a heads up the the car chase happening and on the day we went down and watch the scenesbeing shot with them.

Shit film mind.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just watched Beverly Hills Cop and when it finished i exited back to the TV and kirsties handmade christmas was on. I must have left in on channel 4 and some fuck knuckle at that station thinks it's ok to beam that lipstick tory cunt into everyones living room at christmas time to completely ruin not just christmas but their whole fucking year. I hope one of the people she has on it goes samurai on the 2 houses bragging cunt with a knitting needle and a war axe. 

• Upvote 1