You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

If Silverlining doesn't think Henderson is pulling his weight, then I see absolutely no reason why he shouldn't say so.

No, that's his call.

However, making up names, calling him a cunt, etc. isn't fucking on. It never is, however, some people can't help but to lambaste our players. It's crazy... even when I was 'worried' about Lucas' development, I never called him a cunt. When Carroll's attitude in training came public? I didn't call him a cunt. Why can't we just keep it fucking civil for our players?

Silverlining has a hard-on for our Central Midfield. Lucas? To him, not good enough. Henderson? He never wants to see him in a Liverpool shirt again. Spearing? Never been good enough. Adam? No idea on his stance, but that is four of five.

I had a similar argument v Brighton. The lad is composed, decent passing success rate and often pulls off passes that justify his price tag. He hasn't found his niche yet, but he's only young and I've seen more signs of promise with him. I've not been disappointed with him as yet.

we have Downing in the squad. Now surely he is a player that warrants a humorous/offensive nickname attributed to him.

let the boy come up with one for Henderson first before giving him a new assignment!

Don't let them overwork you, Brendan. You take your time, lad.

No poster, should take such joy pointing out one of our players is shite.

Especially when he's wrong.

Yeah, no posters have spent 6 months slating Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing

or Andy Carroll, in the most base and vitriolic ways.

Here's some extracts from the supposed more cerebral "Members Forum" about those players:

"He's fucking shit"

"Fucking useless....a turd"

"Absolute bollocks"

"Wimp"

"cowardly"

"horrific"

"shite"

"I hate him"

"he's a bag of shite"

"worst player I've seen at Liverpool for years"

"never seems arsed"

"a monumental fuckup"

Here's some extracts from the supposed more cerebral "Members Forum" about those players:

"He's fucking shit"

"Absolute bollocks"

"Wimp"

"cowardly"

"horrific"

"shite"

"I hate him"

"he's a bag of shite"

"never seems arsed"

"a monumental fuckup"

those are out of order too but the odd comment as opposed to a campaign in which you bump this thread at every oppurtunity

I probably have referred to Downing as cowardly and I think he and Henderson have both shown the same issue, got the ability but have the wrong mentality and are scared to fuck up, Henderson gets more benefit as he hasn't been playing in this league near as long as Downing who also has plenty of international experience

"He's fucking shit"

"Absolute bollocks"

"Wimp"

"cowardly"

"horrific"

"shite"

"I hate him"

"he's a bag of shite"

"never seems arsed"

"a monumental fuckup"

And you are balancing the ledger by way of your 'campaign', right?

Ace.

those are out of order too but the odd comment as opposed to a campaign in which you bump this thread at every oppurtunity

I probably have referred to Downing as cowardly and I think he and Henderson have both shown the same issue, got the ability but have the wrong mentality and are scared to fuck up, Henderson gets more benefit as he hasn't been playing in this league near as long as Downing who also has plenty of international experience

I think there are alot of individuals slating different members of the team, SL with Henderson & Lucas, LFD with Carroll and the vast majority with Downing and Adam.

We are all guilty of it from time to time, but although we might not agree with their opinion, and it is only there opinion(s), we shouldn't try to silence them for it, even when it is as tedious as it is.

This is an open forum, you will always get some whoppers on it.

P.S. i think the only reason SL is going at Henderson hard is because Lucas is injured and he needs something to distract from his boring existance.

"He's fucking shit"

"Absolute bollocks"

"Wimp"

"cowardly"

"horrific"

"shite"

"I hate him"

"he's a bag of shite"

"never seems arsed"

"a monumental fuckup"

I could respond to that but the below comments do it for me.

And you are balancing the ledger by way of your 'campaign', right?

Ace.

Yet another thread full of hypocritical shite. Plenty of the people crying about Silverlining calling Henderson shit have done the same thing themselves with other players. Get over yourselves.

Some posters yes, but if you search my posts, you'll struggle to see anything but balanced stuff when writing about our players, including a fair detailed breakdown of what Henderson brings to the team in the Man Utd match thread.

Duff man, many posters have critcised Adam, Carroll and Downing. But nobody has made up silly little nicknames for them 'to redress the balance'.

I remember far worse stuff being posted about some of Rafa's and Hodgson's signings. If Silverlining thinks he's shit and wants to make up a rather inoffensive nickname for him then so what? Some of the posters getting on their high horses here have been far more bilious in their criticism of other players.

Silverlining's constant criticism / campaigning against Henderson is now into Rashid / Quaresma territory.

The point has been made, everybody has heard it to death, no need to keep making the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he have the same "campaign" about Lucas, until he was wrong? I just don't get it with "fans", but there have always been idiots such as Brendan. I remember in the 80s Ronnie Whelan getting all the stick as he looked the least proficient of all the players - apart from his lone fan who always shouted his name from the back of the Kop...

I remember far worse stuff being posted about some of Rafa's and Hodgson's signings. If Silverlining thinks he's shit and wants to make up a rather inoffensive nickname for him then so what? Some of the posters getting on their high horses here have been far more bilious in their criticism of other players.

I take offense to him calling Henderson a cunt, on several occasions, because that's fucking not on.

I don't really give a shit about his 'readysalted' or calling him shite. Why the need to repeat it every 5-10 posts though?

We've all called players shite, but I can't think of when I've called a current player a cunt.

I take offense to him calling Henderson a cunt, on several occasions, because that's fucking not on.

I don't really give a shit about his 'readysalted' or calling him shite. Why the need to repeat it every 5-10 posts though?

We've all called players shite, but I can't think of when I've called a current player a cunt.

Meh. I've seen plenty of players called that, and much worse, without anyone batting an eyelid. At the end of the day it's an internet forum where people vent about players who frustrate them. Nothing to get upset aboot, really.