You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

He's young, athletic, neat and tidy, and adapting.

I agree with this, BUT...

he needs to fucking man up a bit on the pitch and impose himself more on the game, use that technique of his to try and make something happen. When he plays centre mid he can't just disappear for vast swathes of the game, then appear, play a nice little sideways pass, then fucking disappear again. He'll run after someone athletically, but then not attempt to tackle them. He is an incredibly frustrating player to watch sometimes, and yes I agree he should be a good player with time, but at the moment I'd personally rather see Shelvey out there than him, because at least he puts himself about more and tries to make things happen.

Henderson should definitely be given more time to develop as a player, but perhaps not as much game time as he has been getting. I'd rather see 30 min cameos from him until he is ready to impose himself more on a game.

Has no business in a match like todays, even his supporters would surely concede that.

Yep. TBH he has no business being a fixture in the team at present. Especially one in transition like this one clearly is. He needs to have been managed in the same way that Lucas was. 10 games a season, hand-picked for his particular qualities.

He's young, athletic, neat and tidy, and adapting.

Oh, and he's the new Lucas - scapegoat in other words.

He's going to get better, and will be an important player for us in years to come.

He hasn't been great so far, but he has all the attributes to make it as a good player for us.

Patience is the key here.

Since when were we a group of fans who slated a young player after little more than half a season?

Fuck me, it's embarassing the way people jump all over this kid - and that's what he is, a kid learning his trade at the best club in the world.

Lucas needed some time to adapt to the PL - like most players coming from another league/continent do. Lucas never shirked away from responsibility - even when he had bad games. He's nothing like Lucas at all! Most Liverpool supporters I know said Lucas needed to bulk up a bit and he would be fine playing for us - as he had the game intelligence and the passing ability to make it here. Most supporters also complimented him on his desire and will to make it here (despite the nobs making life difficult for him). Let's not forget that Lucas had to fill the void made by Alonso - then Mascherano - effectively the best CM duo in the world. Those were never easy shoes to fill, and a lot of supporters were impatient because of it. We could have played nearly everyone there and people would have groaned.

What are these attributes you speak of? He can run quite a bit - I'll give him that...

A kid learning his trade - we can't afford that, neither financially nor points-wise. He's 22 in June, so it's not like he just crept out of the womb either.

Lucas needed some time to adapt to the PL - like most players coming from another league/continent do. Lucas never shirked away from responsibility - even when he had bad games. He's nothing like Lucas at all! Most Liverpool supporters I know said Lucas needed to bulk up a bit and he would be fine playing for us - as he had the game intelligence and the passing ability to make it here. Most supporters also complimented him on his desire and will to make it here (despite the nobs making life difficult for him). Let's not forget that Lucas had to fill the void made by Alonso - then Mascherano - effectively the best CM duo in the world. Those were never easy shoes to fill, and a lot of supporters were impatient because of it. We could have played nearly everyone there and people would have groaned.

What are these attributes you speak of? He can run quite a bit - I'll give him that...

A kid learning his trade - we can't afford that, neither financially nor points-wise. He's 22 in June, so it's not like he just crept out of the womb either.

I think you need to take another look at my post.

I was alluding to him being made a scapegoat for the shortcomings of the entire team, just like Lucas used to be.

I'm not going to bother saying any more, except come back in a year or so and let's see what you have to say. Only time will tell, and I think it is grossly unfair and totally against the values of the club that people are slating him after little more than half a season in which he has been played out of position more often than not.

I think you need to take another look at my post.

I was alluding to him being made a scapegoat for the shortcomings of the entire team, just like Lucas used to be.

I'm not going to bother saying any more, except come back in a year or so and let's see what you have to say. Only time will tell, and I think it is grossly unfair and totally against the values of the club that people are slating him after little more than half a season in which he has been played out of position more often than not.

I fear he's still here then, and I suspect it is on the expense of Kenny, as if he keeps playing him he'll have no excuse when we come up short for fourth. Hopefully he will be moved on to a mid table club by then - Villa would be a nice fit for him.

I fear he's still here then, and I suspect it is on the expense of Kenny, as if he keeps playing him he'll have no excuse when we come up short for fourth. Hopefully he will be moved on to a mid table club by then - Villa would be a nice fit for him.

Patience mate, patience.

I know it's hard sometimes, but just try.

I am going to stick my neck out and guarantee he will be a good player for us.

By the end of next season you will have changed your mind.

I know it seems like a long time, but I've been watching football for well over 40 years and the time will fly by.

Have some patience, and you'll see - he'll come good and be an important player for us.

He was (along with Downing and a few others) remarkably quiet yesterday. But one positive for me was that he does make some great runs forward. Obviously he doesn't do it enough, but I hold a lot of hope that he'll turn out to be a top player for us in the coming years.

He did have a quiet game, but unlike Downing he put in an effort. I do think he needs to get stuck in more, as too often he chickens out of challenges, but if can get a bit stronger I think he has it in him to become an excellent player.

He doesn't hold onto the ball for more than 2 seconds, this doesnt have anything to do with him being under loads of pressure, he just seems to shit himself and look for Gerrard the majority of the time. Needs to grow a pair of balls and take control, try a 25 yard pass now and again, ye if you fuck it up at least we are seeing some bottle. I've seen more potential and ability in Shevley this season than Henderson.

Hopefully the answer to this question - "what are you?" will be, come summer:

'not a Liverpool player'

We need to sell this spineless twat, along with Syndrome.

He's truly fucking useless and I hate him

do you actually want him to fail? seems you can never wait for the chance to bump this thread, fair enough having an opinion but this is a bit much

he isn't ideal for a key Liverpool player yet and he needs to show more confidence and get involved more but I have seen enough in him to show if he is developed properly he will be a quality player but he does need to have more than one or two good moments every game

do you actually want him to fail? seems you can never wait for the chance to bump this thread, fair enough having an opinion but this is a bit much

he isn't ideal for a key Liverpool player yet and he needs to show more confidence and get involved more but I have seen enough in him to show if he is developed properly he will be a quality player but he does need to have more than one or two good moments every game

agree with this. he has shown glimpses of his quality (ex: fulham), just seems to be lacking in confidence, also hope kenny doesnt put him out wide again..doesnt really stay out wide and comes in a lot, thus disappearing in a crowded center.

nah he was shit in a 6-1 win, in a game where he more or less set up a goal.

Fuck me, there's some amount of mongs that pretend to support lfc. I blame Istanbul myself.

What would have been a bright side of Woy taking us into the championship is half of them would fuck off and support city.

Exactly - we win 6-1 in which Henderson plays a part in yet mongo's come on here to moan about the lad.

Fucking air thieves.