You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

And why anyone would care even more so.

Are you seriously asking on a forum for Liverpool supporters why anyone would care about a Liverpool player repeatedly being called a cunt?

I actually find the forum weirdo persona that Silverlining has created for himself quite funny and entertaining but his obsession with pointing out that he dislikes Henderson at least 20 times a day is just plain boring

Why would anyone dislike a player to the point of hating them and calling them a cunt every 5 minutes? It's baffling.

Same here.

The thing is SL gets so hung up about certain players he just dedicates all his time to making his point.

He has on many occasions made some brillient points and posts but when he gets into his rants it goes on and on and on.

fair play to him for having a view and not being scared to go against the massus but by ramming his point down peoples neck he just seems agenda driven rather that being serious and making serious points.

Are you seriously asking on a forum for Liverpool supporters why anyone would care about a Liverpool player repeatedly being called a cunt?

I actually find the forum weirdo persona that Silverlining has created for himself quite funny and entertaining but his obsession with pointing out that he dislikes Henderson at least 20 times a day is just plain boring

Yes I am. It doesn't matter if SL calls a player a cunt. Boring it might be, but that's all it is. Other posters have said far "worse" about other players and I'm sure there'll be plenty more bile spilled in the future. It's just people venting on an internet forum, nothing more.

Yes I am. It doesn't matter if SL calls a player a cunt. Boring it might be, but that's all it is. Other posters have said far "worse" about other players and I'm sure there'll be plenty more bile spilled in the future. It's just people venting on an internet forum, nothing more.

I imagine what gets people pissed off is the fact he seems to enjoy it and wants him to fail

I don't remember any other player having a thread bumped by the same person everytime he blinks at the wrong time

Guest ShoePiss

I'm not arsed whether someone gives a player stick on here really, you have to question their mentality when they would prefer to see them play shit to prove their opinion right rather than the player adding to the success of the team. Lots of people have done that over the years but none more so than the tool that is silverlining.

I've slagged off Carroll this season, I think he's deserved it too. Some would probably say a bit of it has been over the top I'm not sure but I'm more than happy to see him do well as he has in the last few games, if he keeps it up he'll have proved me wrong and I'll be more than happy with that.

I'm not a big fan of Henderson so far, you can tell he has potential and will probably become a very good player in the future. It's fair to say we can't afford to persevere with players not quite up to it but there's a good chance the experience he's getting now will make him a very good player in the future. It hasn't been hard to keep him in the side anyway has it? Gerrard and Lucas out injured, Adam being good, bad and indifferent has meant he's getting a look in.

People feeling the need to wade in and defend Brendan's right to free speech sums up how far the forum's fallen. Embarrassing. If people can't tell the difference by now between honestly held opinion, and someone who's had form for being a tedious bellend for well over half a decade on more than one football forum then there's no hope.

I think silverlining's just cranking up his dislike of Henderson for comic effect. Have to confess he usually makes me laugh with his bile but he's way off target on this one. Quit while you're behind sl and save the vitriol for the real cunts.

Readysalted is a funny nickname.

No it's not - it's shit.

Still, if the LFD seal of approval isn't enough to kill that godawful name then nothing is.

I thought Henderson played well at the weekend. He was often defending deep, blocking, cutting out passes, and laying the ball off to a teammate. I like him. Brendan's hectoring is silly, but he's only a dweeb sitting at home on a computer, not something to get het up about.

Yeah, he's been covering for runs forward pretty well, and his passing is still consistently on target, and he's always making himself available for the ball.

I thought Henderson played well at the weekend. He was often defending deep, blocking, cutting out passes, and laying the ball off to a teammate. I like him. Brendan's hectoring is silly, but he's only a dweeb sitting at home on a computer, not something to get het up about.

Good job you neveer "hector" players to the point of fucking lunacy.

Oddly enough, this season Kuyt has scored more goals and created more goals in less than half as many games as Redaysalted has played, playing in a similar position.

I just don't see the huge criticism of the lad being fair. I remember reading about Gerrard getting really bad home sickness when he was young (only being away for a few weeks) so who knows what Henderson's background is . We have to remember that the lad is young and has moved to a big club with a large price tag and huge expectations. That carries a huge burden on someone and I can understand him not having the confidence and therefore taking the easy options. I see a lad with huge potential, who will learn a lot under Gerrard and a player that puts in a shift and works hard. That however does not mean he should be getting his game as much as he does and certainly not out of position. It surprises me how Shelvey doesn't get a look in and he does. What's he doing in training that he doesn't replicate on the pitch?

I have been very critical of Carroll. I didn't feel he fitted our team and for the money was a waste. I didn't see much in him as a player but I still started criticising him only after seeing his lack of effort on the pitch. He seems to have changed that and I hope I am proved wrong. What I like in a young player is to see loads of energy and effort put in. I am not expecting them to be initially world class.

I have also been critical of Adam but my reasoning is I don't believe he is or ever will be good enough for us. A worthy player on the subs bench when the first 11 are fit.

The Downing issue is a strange one. He has all the attributes and experience. What he seems to lack his confidence like Henderson but being the age he is should man up. I have seen that the last few games and long may it continue.

Good job you neveer "hector" players to the point of fucking lunacy.

Oddly enough, this season Kuyt has scored more goals and created more goals in less than half as many games as Redaysalted has played, playing in a similar position.

did you see Kuyt's cameo this weekend? Gave the ball away every time he touched it apart from one pass, missed a sitter, and despite only being on the pitch for about 15 minutes, couldn't be arsed chasing back. Even the penalty he won was as a result of being too slow to get a shot away. Henderson didn't play better for the opposition than for his own team. Something Kuyt has done on numerous occasions this year.

hector%201.jpg

Kuyt is still a more effective player than Henderson.

Henderson has more technique, but is really frustrating cos if he had balls to try things, and tackle more, he'd be a far better player.

If i was being picked by Kenny near every week i think my confidence would be sky high, though.

One is a regular (and has been for half a decade now) for one of the best national teams in the world, the other is anonymous for the under-21s of an also-ran in international football. If Henderson had been Dutch (and cost less than 10 million) he had been loaned out by now... The criticism of Kuyt is as ridiculous as the praising of Henderson, they are worlds apart when it comes to influence on a Premier League side. I don't doubt that Henderson is able to control the ball better at times, but a more bland and anonymous midfielder you will be hard pressed to find in any of the top leagues in the world. I can't really think of a midfielder in the PL that plays regularly that wouldn't do a better job for us than him, and quite a few of our bench could too. His constant inclusion worries me greatly, as he will never (I don't care if he's 21/22) contribute to anything but mediocrity. If Kenny persists with him throughout the season we can wave goodbye to 4th right now. Hopefully our other options will hit some form so he'll only be bit part - but it seems he's Kenny's pet.

Anyway, he lacks both the mentality and skillset to be effective in a midfield trying to dominate matches. I keep hearing he's looking for the ball, but that doesn't help much as he's terrified of doing something with it. Look at the difference between him and Shelvey. The latter probably doesn't cover as much ground, but imo that's a lot easier to rectify - Shelvey is already twice the footballer Henderson will ever be. He may not be as athletic, but the way he receives the ball and looks for a positive pass is a lot more important imo. Hopefully he'll be given enough chances from now until the season ends to convince him that his future lies here, and more importantly, he'll impress enough to oust Henderson before next season starts. That way, we can have a more positive (literally) outlook on the future.