You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Seems like the occasion got to him, didn't help that he was played out of position on the RW but for me, he needs to be more positive on the ball. To many times, he looked for the safe option of a back pass to Gerrard or GJ... he needs more confidence in his ability and I'm sure Kenny is telling him that he's got a long and successful career at the club

I like him as a player and I firmly believe he's going to be successful. But, just feel right now, he should have a 'rest' (dropped) and play someone else on the RW. I'll be surprised if he starts against Arsenal

I think he's a massive coward, contend to be on the periphery of the game and play percentages; his first instinct is to move the ball backwards that, to me, is unacceptable in a Liverpool midfielder - especially an attacking one. Charlie Adam, who I don't think has the industry or technique of Henderson, always looks for the ball and as he receives it looks and passes it forward, regardless of the game he's having and he's had a few shockers. I can at least respect that. It's why, despite playing a much deeper role he has 10 more assists than Henderson; the number is a very illuminating depiction of the latter's contribution.

I would also add that dropping Henderson for Spearing would give the midfield far better balance as Spearing is a decent anchor and it would free the skipper to go forward where he's at his destructive best.

I don't think persisting with Henderson is in the teams best interest or Henderson's, for that matter.

Am I mistaken, or did we just win a trophy ?

And some of you fucking pricks can't wait to stick the knife in on a young player making his 1st appearance in a Cup final at Wembley ?

And you claim to better than manc fans ?

Did any of you arseholes ever even play the game ?

The same bunch of sad know all fucking clowns who predicted that Lucas would be crap - some of you have a fucking cheek calling other team's fans mongs.

You're certainly not fit to be proper supporters of this club, that's for sure.

He got into space yesterday, edge of the area, it was wide open for him to shoot. He plays it backward. Waste of fucking space !!!

Yes, and Enrique was at fault for their first goal, and most of their offensive chances.

Enrique is not a waste of space, nor is Henderson. The abuse thrown at the lad on this forum, alone, is an absolute disgrace.

His industry, and technique are fantastic. He'll grow into the club, squad, and eventually the first XI, if we let him. Or we can just heap abuse at him, and do our best to ruin him.

Both Enrique, and Henderson were overawed yesterday. Get a grip.

Look at the abuse that Downing received, and people on here were calling him every fucking name under the sun, and then he comes out in a cup final and owns it. He was one of the few Liverpool players that gave a performance worthy of LFC.

Yes, and Enrique was at fault for their first goal, and most of their offensive chances.

Enrique is not a waste of space, nor is Henderson. The abuse thrown at the lad on this forum, alone, is an absolute disgrace.

His industry, and technique are fantastic. He'll grow into the club, squad, and eventually the first XI, if we let him. Or we can just heap abuse at him, and do our best to ruin him.

Both Enrique, and Henderson were overawed yesterday. Get a grip.

Look at the abuse that Downing received, and people on here were calling him every fucking name under the sun, and then he comes out in a cup final and owns it. He was one of the few Liverpool players that gave a performance worthy of LFC.

Agree with all of that except Skrtel can take a fair portion of the blame for the first goal as well. Terrible clearance followed by playing Mason onside.

I've said consistently that Downing has ability but lacks self-belief. I've also said consistently that Henderson is mediocre in the middle and woeful on the right. My criticism isn't based on yesterday's performance. It's based on six months' evidence.

Will he turn into a good midfielder? Possibly. Should he play on the right? No. And Dalglish isn't doing him (or the team) any favours by picking him there.

As for the "we won, why complain?" line of defence, I'm inclined to say, happy as I am with a trophy, "we struggled against a Championship side, how do we improve?"

I've said consistently that Downing has ability but lacks self-belief. I've also said consistently that Henderson is mediocre in the middle and woeful on the right. My criticism isn't based on yesterday's performance. It's based on six months' evidence.

Will he turn into a good midfielder? Possibly. Should he play on the right? No. And Dalglish isn't doing him (or the team) any favours by picking him there.

As for the "we won, why complain?" line of defence, I'm inclined to say, happy as I am with a trophy, "we struggled against a Championship side, how do we improve?"

I'm inclined to ask why people who have such contempt for conversation and debate spend so much on time on a discussion forum.

And of course with all the trophies you've won as a manager and player you know more than Kenny Dalglish. Did you watch Arsenal v Birmingham in the same game last year ?

Do you honestly think that these so called "lesser" teams will turn up for a final and give it to us on a plate ?

Breathtaking naiivety

And of course with all the trophies you've won as a manager and player you know more than Kenny Dalglish. Did you watch Arsenal v Birmingham in the same game last year ?

Do you honestly think that these so called "lesser" teams will turn up for a final and give it to us on a plate ?

Breathtaking naiivety

I don't think Kenny did much wrong.

His team selection was the one I posted up, with the exception of the dreadful Henderson, and I included Downing because I thought he might finally realise what it is to be a Liverpool player.

He made the right subs, and the shape looked OK to me. We didn't play brilliantly, but once big-game players like Bellamy and Kuyt came on, I wasn't overly worried about the result.