You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Every forum needs a transfer price gimp. I'm glad you've accepted the role Rob.

My previous post should now be adjusted to:

If we'd signed him for about £6M, like Lucas, then I'd be a lot more optimistic. I do think he has something about him that makes me think he might come good. However, for £13M (up to £20M with add ons*) I'd want to be a lot more confident.

I don't understand why Henderson attracts so much anger from you silverlining, when we have Downing in the squad. Now surely he is a player that warrants a humorous/offensive nickname attributed to him.

* Source: RobbieOR.

I genuinely can't think of any player in our side except maybe Enrique and Reina who haven't had a thorough slagging off this season on here. This is a fanbase which regularly rounds on Carragher for example. I think a great many just enjoy sticking the boot in, come rain or shine - it doesn't make me angry really, just despair. I genuinely wonder why such people follow football.

I genuinely can't think of any player in our side except maybe Enrique and Reina who haven't had a thorough slagging off this season on here. This is a fanbase which regularly rounds on Carragher for example. I think a great many just enjoy sticking the boot in, come rain or shine - it doesn't make me angry really, just despair. I genuinely wonder why such people follow football.

I've never seen a game, that at least one player didn't play shit according to some. Doesn't matter what the result was.

I'd like to see a 10-0 win with every outfield player scoring one and grabbing an assist, just to see who gets singled out for playing shit.

Readysalted was shit against Brighton. There's little point arguin that fact.

Downing, Adam and Carroll - who have endured far more stick than the Henderson - were all very good.

Adam has had a very decent season. Downing is at best a decent winger, but he been appalling, Carroll is improving

Henderson has been fucking terrible and he has deserved far more stick than he has got. I look at some of the hateful drivel directed at Adam and Carroll and I wonder why my campaign to even things up and give Readysalted a much deserved fucking kicking attracts so much boohoohooing and abuse

What makes him impervious to criticism? Because he looks more like a 'modern footballer' than the far more effective and brave Adam?

Fuck you

Readysalted was shit against Brighton. There's little point arguin that fact.

Downing, Adam and Carroll - who have endured far more stick than the Henderson - were all very good.

Adam has had a very decent season. Downing is at best a decent winger, but he been appalling, Carroll is improving

Henderson has been fucking terrible and he has deserved far more stick than he has got. I look at some of the hateful drivel directed at Adam and Carroll and I wonder why my campaign to even things up and give Readysalted a much deserved fucking kicking attracts so much boohoohooing and abuse

What makes him impervious to criticism? Because he looks more like a 'modern footballer' than the far more effective and brave Adam?

Fuck you

Pathetic. You really are, and always have been, an absolute embarrassment.

Reina has come in for stick from some on here this season after a couple of mistakes (in the games against Fullham and City).

Enrique too came in for some shit after two poor games against Bolton and then Utd.

Carroll is the only one I've repeatedly criticised on here, and that was because of his attitude mainly. You've been making up 'comedy' names for our own players for years, it's very fucking strange. I always thought you were a kid but was staggered to learn you're an adult.

Yeah, but he's being sincere and not dishing out abuse to 'even up a debate'.

Its pathetic and the fact you pay £24 a year to do that is even more funny.

I like a bit of fairness on here. Readysalted has been immune to criticism, so I'm bringing truth to the masses; he's shit.

And yes, I think some of the criticism of Adam has been totally unfair and harsh

Largely because he doesn't "look" like a modern day superfan's idea of a footballer

Let's be honest, Readysalted has done pretty much fuck all the entire season, he's played in an advanced attacking midfield role and the only player who has less goals and assists than him in an equivalent role in the entire fucking league...also plays for us

Carroll is the only one I've repeatedly criticised on here, and that was because of his attitude mainly. You've been making up 'comedy' names for our own players for years, it's very fucking strange. I always thought you were a kid but was staggered to learn you're an adult.

Yeah, I'm so fucking childlike. Like some kind of wide-eyed ingenue.

Behave soft lad

Yeah, I'm so fucking childlike. Like some kind of wide-eyed ingenue.

Behave soft lad

Give your shit a rest for a bit Brendfan. You moan on worse than any Fishwife and attention seek worse than a teenage Daughter.

Go on do what yo normally do in times of stress, soothe your fevered brown by booking a table in a Restaurant, then turn up in your Pink shirt, act like a semi-neurotic pansy, abuse the waiters and create an air of edgy, potential scene making unless you afforded premier service.

Then come home, log into yor favourite Culinary review site, chew it over with the rest of the borderline homos and cyber towel flick each others plums over your collective loquacious wordsmithery.

In fact do anything, just rail your fucking shit in as it's boring the bollocks off everybody. You ponce.

They are cunts. I was thought the idea was to support the team hence the term 'supporter' as opposed to the term 'relentlessslaggeroffer'.

But every player has played some crap this season, including both the fellas you mention, and there is nothing wrong with calling them on it. I do agree that certain posters agendas are pretty transparent but if you and I see that, so does everyone else. I have called SL on this in the past when the lad has not been nearly as shit as he has claimed, in this case though he was an embarrassment and it would probably help him and the team for Jonjo to get some minutes in the next few weeks.

The question in the title remains a fair one. We know he is a midfielder but we're yet to discover what sort or in what position. he's pretty much played every role - right, left, centre, furthest forward, free role and I don' think anyone is any clearer as to what he'll end up as. he does need to learn how to tackle, be a bit braver and go for goal a lot more, his crossing is poor but HE'S A YOUNG LAD WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO BECOME A TOP MIDFIELDER.