You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Allan

Anyone else watching this?

A fan came out of the crowd after Celtic scored their second, and attempted to attack Lennon on the touchline. I think there was slight contact by the attacker, but it could have been far worse.

Fucking madness. The SFA and the old bill need to get a handle on this, or someone will get seriously hurt, or worse.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy was shit. Got to Lennon but threw the worst punch ever and fell over! The Celtic staff should have kicked fuck out of him while he was on the floor.

Lennon is surely going to jack it in after the season, he can't keep on like this. He'll end up dead if he stays.

He shouldnt jack it in but I think he will too.

Disgraceful

Uefa need to sort it out, if it was English football, they'd kick right off

Had a similar discussion on the MF a few weeks ago. He shouldn't have to jack it in but he's under constant Police protection and his family is taken to a safe house when he's not with them. He's receiving death threats and getting attacked by supporters at games; it's no way to live. His family doesn't deserve it if nothing else.

If Sven fucks off from Leicester for a bigger payday, I'm pretty certain Leicester fans would welcome Lennon back. He's taken an awful lot of shit from mindless twats that have an extra bone in their head for a reason, but he's not helped his cause by inflaming the situation at times.

I don't know what you hippies are talking about! HE PUT HIS HANDS TO HIS EARS! HIS FUCKING EARS! Worse than rape that!

Sadly though people will use this as an excuse. If this was happening to Walter Smith there would be uproar, and rightly so. But it has now got to the point where Lennon has been attacked on the side of the pitch. And by a Hearts fan?

The powers that be will have to act now.

Lennon hasn't helped himself though. He's a fucking prick and even after the bomb threats he aggrivates the situation.

Scottish football and its Sectarianism is a joke. Its about time Uefa banned Celtic & Rangers till they sorted their shit out. The SFA should do but they won't because of the money the two clubs bring in.

Guest ShoePiss

No manager should live in fear because of where they're from and who they manage and they should be free to celebrate their goals and successes, within reason.

As an Old Firm manager there is an extra responsibility though and it appears Lennon often incites a negative reaction. Other Celtic managers haven't had the level of abuse that Lennon has received, there must be something in that surely?

I think Hearts should be fined, the 'fan' obviously should be banned for life but beyond that what can they do? Get more Police in I suppose ready to apprehend people jumping onto the pitch.

No manager should live in fear because of where they're from and who they manage and they should be free to celebrate their goals and successes, within reason.

As an Old Firm manager there is an extra responsibility though and it appears Lennon often incites a negative reaction. Other Celtic managers haven't had the level of abuse that Lennon has received, there must be something in that surely?

I think Hearts should be fined, the 'fan' obviously should be banned for life but beyond that what can they do? Get more Police in I suppose ready to apprehend people jumping onto the pitch.

yeah no doubt that we will be fined, just for one stupid, idiotic fan

Guest ShoePiss
yeah no doubt that we will be fined, just for one stupid, idiotic fan

Yeah well we know exactly how it goes having to answer for a minority's actions. Just the way it goes unfortunately.