You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Allan

Guest ShoePiss
In 1949 one of the most successful teams in Irish history called Belfast Celtic who one off our greatest ever servants Elisha Scott (467 appearances for Liverpool and two League Championships) managed had to withdraw from the Irish League

This was down to constant sectarian abuse Celtic fans had to take and in a match with Linfield on boxing day 1948 which finished 1-1, Linfield fans ran onto the pitch and broke Celtics player Jimmy Jones leg.The club withdrew from the league shortly after

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast_Celtic_F.C.

The hatred for Neil Lennon has nothing to do with how he acts or what he does its simply down to what he represents

It's because he's ginger isn't it?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Martin O'Neil a Northern Irish catholic? I honestly don't know as it's not important to me but if he is surely Lennon getting abuse isn't simply because he's a Northern Irish catholic.

O'Neil is a Northern Irish Catholic and got severe sectarian abuse when managing Celtic

Didn't get the letter bombs fair enough so maybe Lennon's personality has tipped it over the edge but the biggest factor is his religion and what he represents

And your right his gingerness is probably doing damage aswell Stumptown

No doubting that Lennon is a twat, but the abuse he is getting is 100% down to the fact he is a Northern Irish Catholic. And the people who are doing it are backward cunts who need to sort their lives out.

Back in 2001 (I think), Lennon spoke out about how he wanted a United Ireland football team. This obviously didn't go down very well in parts of Northern Ireland, and he get death threats and the like. This forced him to retire from international football.

Yes, he is a twat, but let's not butter this up as something it isn't.

And that is all I'm saying on this subject, as it isn't something I am prepared to get into an argument (or even a debate) about.

No doubting that Lennon is a twat, but the abuse he is getting is 100% down to the fact he is a Northern Irish Catholic. And the people who are doing it are backward cunts who need to sort their lives out.

Back in 2001 (I think), Lennon spoke out about how he wanted a United Ireland football team. This obviously didn't go down very well in parts of Northern Ireland, and he get death threats and the like. This forced him to retire from international football.

Yes, he is a twat, but let's not butter this up as something it isn't.

And that is all I'm saying on this subject, as it isn't something I am prepared to get into an argument (or even a debate) about.

Except o'neills abuse wasn't as severe so if the thing they have in common is religion their has to be an extra something. That being that he's a fucking cunt.

all because he's a Catholic from Northern Ireland.

Fucking joke.

He could probably get a job down here, he's done well for them this year

Oh you mean like Martin O'Neill is. Wise up. Lets get it clear he in NO WAY deserves what he is getting. But its not because of his faith or nationality. :wallbutt:

O'Neil is a Northern Irish Catholic and got severe sectarian abuse when managing Celtic

Didn't get the letter bombs fair enough so maybe Lennon's personality has tipped it over the edge but the biggest factor is his religion and what he represents

And your right his gingerness is probably doing damage aswell Stumptown

No comparison with the abuse MON got, he got no more than any other RC from idiots who don't know any better. MON had a bit of class and such didn't rile anymore than any other manager. Lennon is just a red hot Celtic fan who would be better just supporting his team than managing them. I pray nothing happens to him.

Oh you mean like Martin O'Neill is. Wise up. Lets get it clear he in NO WAY deserves what he is getting. But its not because of his faith or nationality. :wallbutt:

Utter utter nonsense on a grand scale. If you are telling me all this would be happening anyway if he is a Scots-Prod then you are talking right out of your arse. Pure and simple. But I think you know that.

O’Neil is a former Celtic Captain and fan, and because of that he is hated by Rangers fans. Fair enough. But his views on an All-Ireland team his religion and thr fact he's Irish mean he is now on the end of vicious attacks on him, his home and his family, and it is all sectarian. Please don’t even try and pretend that the people doing this are only doing it for footy reasons. The Belfast-Lite gobshites in Glasgow fucking sicken me at times

You see this excuse of "but he put his hands to his ears and provoked this". It's a joke in itself and would be laughable if not for the fact that a man's life is on the line simply because he is trying to manage a team that he supports.

I don't particularly like either of the Glasgow teams, but something drastic needs to be done as it will start (could argue that it already has?) affecting non-footballing matters.

The root cause of this is because he is a Catholic. The sooner people get their head out of the sand and realise that sectarianism is still a massive issue in Glasgow (I can only assume this, based on the fact I know it is back home), then the sooner it can be tackled to a certain extent. It will never be eradicated (because there are still sad twats out there who drill sectarian hate into their young children), but it can somehow be taken out of the game of football. And it needs to be.

You see this excuse of "but he put his hands to his ears and provoked this". It's a joke in itself and would be laughable if not for the fact that a man's life is on the line simply because he is trying to manage a team that he supports.

I don't particularly like either of the Glasgow teams, but something drastic needs to be done as it will start (could argue that it already has?) affecting non-footballing matters.

The root cause of this is because he is a Catholic. The sooner people get their head out of the sand and realise that sectarianism is still a massive issue in Glasgow (I can only assume this, based on the fact I know it is back home), then the sooner it can be tackled to a certain extent. It will never be eradicated (because there are still sad twats out there who drill sectarian hate into their young children), but it can somehow be taken out of the game of football. And it needs to be.

On the money again.

I've two Glasgow mates coming over to me for the weekend of the Ireland Scotland game on the 29th and we were chatting about this today on e-mail. One is a Rangers ST holder and the other a Celtic ST holder (both protestant). They both absolutely agree that it is Anti-Catholic and not even general sectarianism that is the major issue now. Interestingly the Rangers fan thinks that now that Rangers don't have absolute 100% control of the refs and everything in the game in Scotland, they are lashing out more and more

But to say it has nothing to do with religion or where he is from is to bury your head in the sand up to your ankles. Sure only on Monday 7 people (5 girls) went to the Celtic training ground with ulster flags and an imitation gun! They should be locked up for 5 years each for inciting hatred and that'd send a message. The same for that idiot last night at Hearts.

The Rangers fans sang "What's it like to live in fear?" at their last game as the idiots in the fan base are loving it, and now the SFA which is a strong masonic joke anyway, have the in-coming chairman been the former Secretary of RFC for 10 years when they had the policy of not signing Catholics, yet he still gets the top job?

I'm not saying Celtic are some bastion of reason. They are not, and have plenty of sectarian twats in their fan base also, but it is not comparable to what the other side is at.

The league is a mess from top to bottom. And the decent and proper Rangers and Celtic fans hate it.

In 1949 one of the most successful teams in Irish history called Belfast Celtic who one off our greatest ever servants Elisha Scott (467 appearances for Liverpool and two League Championships) managed had to withdraw from the Irish League

This was down to constant sectarian abuse Celtic fans had to take and in a match with Linfield on boxing day 1948 which finished 1-1, Linfield fans ran onto the pitch and broke Celtics player Jimmy Jones leg.The club withdrew from the league shortly after

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast_Celtic_F.C.

The hatred for Neil Lennon has nothing to do with how he acts or what he does its simply down to what he represents

what the hell's that got to do with sectarianism in scotland?

If you're getting sent death threats, you're getting bombs and bullets sent to your house and getting attacked at a game.

You have an excuse to be a cunt

Eh? Just because you get vile abuse and threats sent your way, that means it's OK to lower yourself to the scumbags' level? Lennon has had to put up with a lot of shit no doubt, but some of it he seems to have actively courted at times. It would help if he dropped his aggressive and confrontational demeanour as it is just goading the morons and bigots even more.