You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Brisan123 said: ↑

No the Goblet in Dublin

But I’d say it was similar scenes all over the country

Cork is a hotbed of them.

Did you see that thick YouTuber with his Salah song on Sky ( don’t know which programme )

They are proof that you can get pregnant from Anal sex lol

That is genuinely funny.

There’s a lad there that would prefer to win the League Cup than Big Ears!!!

Since you ask.....

The

fabrication that is the European Runners up league holds less interest to me than the league cup. I'd rather win the latter to be honest. It's nowt to do with the fact that we're not in it.

It was a competition deliberately set up to have the same brands appear every year to collect money for them and FIFA. In that respect it has slammed the door shut on interesting sporting competition.

I used to want British teams to win in Europe, whoever the team was. Then about 15 years ago I realised there were no British teams anymore. They're all multinational mercenaries with bugger all interest in the club they play for, other than cash and the chance to stick a medal in their scrap book.

So no. Nobody to support in a competition that is as open to honesty and sportsmanship as a WWF bout.

Watched the Istanbul final in the Royal Standard in West Derby. When AC's third goal went in a bluenose in the doorway jumped up that high that he smashed his head on the lintel, knocked himself out and was in his gores of blood. The paramedics were still attending to him as we equalised.

• Upvote 1

Watched the Istanbul final in the Royal Standard in West Derby. When AC's third goal went in a bluenose in the doorway jumped up that high that he smashed his head on the lintel, knocked himself out and was in his gores of blood. The paramedics were still attending to him as we equalised.

They got there pretty fast then!

There’s a lad there that would prefer to win the League Cup than Big Ears!!!

Since you ask.....

The

fabrication that is the European Runners up league holds less interest to me than the league cup. I'd rather win the latter to be honest. It's nowt to do with the fact that we're not in it.

It was a competition deliberately set up to have the same brands appear every year to collect money for them and FIFA. In that respect it has slammed the door shut on interesting sporting competition.

I used to want British teams to win in Europe, whoever the team was. Then about 15 years ago I realised there were no British teams anymore. They're all multinational mercenaries with bugger all interest in the club they play for, other than cash and the chance to stick a medal in their scrap book.

So no. Nobody to support in a competition that is as open to honesty and sportsmanship as a WWF bout.

To be fair they've never won the League Cup so it would be a unique achievement for them.

Everton Football Club - winner of 8 major trophies since World War 2. HEY THERE BIG CLUBS.

Thought it was our heads that fell off......

I couldn't actually watch the game last night as I was at a business dinner. Sat there with 20 odd people most of whom didn't follow football however there was one guy from Ormskirk who was a blue. Got talking to him before the game and he was a nice guy, bit of friendly ribbing but nothing too much.

Que meal time and he's sat across from me checking his phone every five minutes and updating me on the score. As the evening progressed and the free ale flowed he descended into to rabid angry mode, jammy bastards this, Ronaldo hattrick in the final that. At one point I thought he was going to cry.

Some of the non football people were actually amused at this 50 odd year old man, fuming over a football game that was nothing to do with his club.

• Upvote 1

This one.. fuck. in. hell.

"The

fabrication that is the European Runners up league holds less interest to me than the league cup. I'd rather win the latter to be honest. It's nowt to do with the fact that we're not in it. "

It's because Everton are the last Corinthians and don't believe that the European Cup format should have been altered. Therefore they have deliberately stayed out of it since it was changed in 1993. They are above all this and we are just corporate whores for entering it.

• Upvote 3