You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Oh dear.

So they need someone to come in and invest £3bn to pay off Moshiri, buy the ground and clear debt? If I’ve red that right. 

That’s before they set a recruitment budget for new players, likely including replacing Dyche and staff, to get them up the table enough to justify the increase in ticket and box prices, which by all accounts with have upsides of up to 300%?

You can’t see a private investor doing all that, even with the boom in Premier League investment, just to take a long haul punt on breaking even over say, 8/10 years, it may take to recoup and sell up? Unless it’s bent money being used to flush through the western system but they’ve already had moshiri and usmanov bounced for doing exactly that. 

Anyone with that type of cash will be far better advised to wait on the new Super League set up and pick a club in that.

Administration looks their best bet so far, including if the 777 deal is using the ground as leverage and they ended up being tenants, under separate companies to the club, hilariously. 

That said, I’ve somehow got a horrible feeling they’ll end up somehow surviving it all, stay in the Prem and find a way back to mid table. 

I hope I’m wrong, my hatred for them as increased with age, rather than eased away. 

I think they will get another deduction, their fans will suddenly become the best supporters in the world who invented support, greet the bus, have blue smoke, suck a dog off and survive. The reality of administration will arrive and they're gone.

I fear for the dog.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They could be deducted 50 points and through no effort or fight of their own stay up because of the absolute fucking meffs down the bottom of the league.

They will probably not win another game this season and still stay up, even with an extra points deduction. Unflushable 

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They could be deducted 50 points and through no effort or fight of their own stay up because of the absolute fucking meffs down the bottom of the league.

I think it's likely that they and Forest will be deducted points, sending Forest down and leaving Luton and Everton to survive on points totals that would normally guarantee a 20th place finish.

Then they will have to face next season with the same shit players, the same shit manager and the same desperately fucked finances.

Be funny next year when they don't win anything. Thirty years of winning fucking nothing despite telling everyone what a big club they are, founder members of the PL and one of the big 5 who pushed for it only for them to end up a complete afterthought. 

It still won't stop them blaming everyone but themselves for their failure. Its in their DNA to whinge, moan and deflect away their own shortcomings. 

They are keen to tell us we never won the league for 30 years but we won 15 trophies in that period and 17 since they last won anything. More than their entire history. 

They won't go down this season.

That Luton collapse last night killed off any slight chance of it. 

If they get a points deduction next season they will be in real trouble though. The three teams coming up can't possibly be any worse than this seasons teams.

20 hours ago, Bourbon said:

So they need someone to come in and invest £3bn to pay off Moshiri, buy the ground and clear debt? If I’ve red that right. 

That’s before they set a recruitment budget for new players, likely including replacing Dyche and staff, to get them up the table enough to justify the increase in ticket and box prices, which by all accounts with have upsides of up to 300%?

You can’t see a private investor doing all that, even with the boom in Premier League investment, just to take a long haul punt on breaking even over say, 8/10 years, it may take to recoup and sell up? Unless it’s bent money being used to flush through the western system but they’ve already had moshiri and usmanov bounced for doing exactly that. 

Anyone with that type of cash will be far better advised to wait on the new Super League set up and pick a club in that.

Administration looks their best bet so far, including if the 777 deal is using the ground as leverage and they ended up being tenants, under separate companies to the club, hilariously. 

That said, I’ve somehow got a horrible feeling they’ll end up somehow surviving it all, stay in the Prem and find a way back to mid table. 

I hope I’m wrong, my hatred for them as increased with age, rather than eased away. 

I always thought some oil nation would buy them. But maybe those prospects are running out. 

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I always thought some oil nation would buy them. But maybe those prospects are running out. 

If financial fair play keeps being enforced then I am afraid that it is unlikely that those oil nations will see the benefits of challenging for honours, that is, without being able to buy success. The downside of this is that the status quo will be preserved.

It would be such a shame if ambitious clubs are prevented from challenging the Sky 6 and overcoming the tv cartel, as any hopes clubs have of ambition and growth will disappear.

It makes you sad. It really does.

28 minutes ago, Code said:

Its obvious Everton will be deducted 6 new points in April, do people pay no attention at all?

Loads of people (and I don't mean evertonians) think it will be a 2 point deduction as they've already been done on 2 of the years in question. I don't agree with that myself, but there seems a lot of people who think it's a thing. 

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

They won't go down this season.

That Luton collapse last night killed off any slight chance of it. 

If they get a points deduction next season they will be in real trouble though. The three teams coming up can't possibly be any worse than this seasons teams.

When Luton contrived to lose against Sheffield United did it for me.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Be funny next year when they don't win anything. Thirty years of winning fucking nothing despite telling everyone what a big club they are, founder members of the PL and one of the big 5 who pushed for it only for them to end up a complete afterthought. 

It still won't stop them blaming everyone but themselves for their failure. Its in their DNA to whinge, moan and deflect away their own shortcomings. 

They are keen to tell us we never won the league for 30 years but we won 15 trophies in that period and 17 since they last won anything. More than their entire history. 

Even funnier when they argue with Newcadtle fans about who bigger

Screenshot_20240314_183748_Chrome.jpg

From https://www.givemesport.com/when-did-every-premier-league-club-last-win-a-major-trophy/

You can throw in Portsmouth, Wigan, Leicester (league, league cup- twice- and FA cup), Swansea and Middlesborough to teams that have won something since 1995.

When Every Premier League Club Last Won A Major Trophy

Club

Last Trophy

Date

Trophy drought (days)

Brentford

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Brighton

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Crystal Palace

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Fulham

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Bournemouth

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Sheffield United

FA Cup

25 April 1925

Newcastle

FA Cup

7 May 1955

Burnley

Division One

2 May 1960

Wolves

League Cup

15 March 1980

Luton Town

League Cup

24 April 1988

Nottingham Forest

League Cup

29 April 1990

Everton

FA Cup

20 May 1995

Aston Villa

League Cup

24 March 1996

Tottenham

League Cup

24 February 2008

Arsenal

FA Cup

1 August 2020

Chelsea

Champions League

29 May 2021

Manchester United

League Cup

26 February 2023

West Ham

Europa Conference League

7 June 2023

Manchester City

Champions League

10 June 2023

Liverpool

League Cup

25 February 2024

Correct as of March 2, 2024.

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

From https://www.givemesport.com/when-did-every-premier-league-club-last-win-a-major-trophy/

You can throw in Portsmouth, Wigan, Leicester (league, league cup- twice- and FA cup), Swansea and Middlesborough to teams that have won something since 1995.

When Every Premier League Club Last Won A Major Trophy

Club

Last Trophy

Date

Trophy drought (days)

Brentford

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Brighton

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Crystal Palace

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Fulham

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Bournemouth

Never won a trophy

N/A

N/A

Sheffield United

FA Cup

25 April 1925

Newcastle

FA Cup

7 May 1955

Burnley

Division One

2 May 1960

Wolves

League Cup

15 March 1980

Luton Town

League Cup

24 April 1988

Nottingham Forest

League Cup

29 April 1990

Everton

FA Cup

20 May 1995

Aston Villa

League Cup

24 March 1996

Tottenham

League Cup

24 February 2008

Arsenal

FA Cup

1 August 2020

Chelsea

Champions League

29 May 2021

Manchester United

League Cup

26 February 2023

West Ham

Europa Conference League

7 June 2023

Manchester City

Champions League

10 June 2023

Liverpool

League Cup

25 February 2024

Correct as of March 2, 2024.

A quick check on Wikipedia (so correct me if I’m wrong…) suggests this is the longest they’ve ever gone without a trophy.