You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

I was thinking about her being 13 when she was getting shagged by Drogo. I don't know if anyone else knows but they don't name their children in certain areas until they are two. As it's seen as unlucky It's called their name day, so I would imagine she was actually 15? Doesn't make it much better but....

I was thinking about her being 13 when she was getting shagged by Drogo. I don't know if anyone else knows but they don't name their children in certain areas until they are two. As it's seen as unlucky It's called their name day, so I would imagine she was actually 15? Doesn't make it much better but....

That's the lot from north of the Wall - she's a Southern princess.

Having not seen any of the series, I assume they've added a good five years onto most of the character's ages? Otherwise Paedobear would be all over it like a rash...

• 2 weeks later...

Never read any of the books, and I only started watching GOT because of you lot raving about how good it was (thanks btw), but I have got to say, John Snow - what a fucking blert.

What a total fucking virgin spastic that bastard is.

Is he really meant to be so fucking thick, or is the guy who plays him genuinely mongy ?

Black Watch knob cheese.

I read somewhere that he is going to finish some of those storylines in the new book The Winds of Winter.

Trying desperately not to give anything away, it was more the fact that he spent so long developing one character's storyline and then killed them off.

I know he likes to keep people on their toes and isn't afraid to kill characters off, but I can't really see who is going to pick that storyline up and how?

And it's a pretty big one...

I could also just read the books which i have.....But i decided to hold back on the second book "A clash of kings" until after i have watched the series. I'd normally read the book first but decided to change that for this series as i only bought the books after watching series 1.

Well, obviously I read the books first, as I have an unerring talent for knowing what will be cool and popular before it actually is cool and popular, but i don't think it ruins the enjoyment regardless of the order.

Fact is, though, that there's now 5 books and series 3 of the TV series has only just been announced, and apparently only gets as far as halfway through A Storm Of Swords, so you'll be waiting a long time for it to ever catch up with the novels. If it ever does.

So just read the books.

Trying desperately not to give anything away, it was more the fact that he spent so long developing one character's storyline and then killed them off.

I know he likes to keep people on their toes and isn't afraid to kill characters off, but I can't really see who is going to pick that storyline up and how?

I'm halfway through the last one so I'm trying not to read that.

Well, obviously I read the books first, as I have an unerring talent for knowing what will be cool and popular before it actually is cool and popular, but i don't think it ruins the enjoyment regardless of the order.

Fact is, though, that there's now 5 books and series 3 of the TV series has only just been announced, and apparently only gets as far as halfway through A Storm Of Swords, so you'll be waiting a long time for it to ever catch up with the novels. If it ever does.

So just read the books.

Some of the books have been split in two too, so does that means additional series?

Some of the books have been split in two too, so does that means additional series?

No idea. Only the paperbacks have been split, for the 3rd and 5th books.

I suppose it depend how much they're willing to chop out. Certainly feels like this second series is getting through "Clash Of Kings" pretty quickly, and I'm not sure of the veracity of the story about the third TV series only doing half of the 3rd book. Could be bollocks.

I just worry about how much the audience interest will hold up for, what, at least seven (expensive) series?

If audience interest wanes, which it almost always does, HBO won't bankroll it just to get to the end. Although I suppose the ad revenue from Sky and DVD sales may prop it up if that does happen.

We don't know definitely that said character is dead. All we know is that they were stabbed four times and did not feel the last one. Given that the character's secret history has been hinted at but not yet revealed I doubt very much they are dead.

We don't know definitely that said character is dead. All we know is that they were stabbed four times and did not feel the last one. Given that the character's secret history has been hinted at but not yet revealed I doubt very much they are dead.

He's not dead. He's going to be the real Azai fucking whatever it is, that Melisandre claims Stannis is.

Deffo.

Enjoying the series and started the first book and it's superb so far I have been immensely impressed at the pacing and readability of the first book.

Back to the tv show, no way were bran and rickon caught by theon but all he will do now is piss off the Starks and his own family.

• 2 weeks later...