You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

You take that back, TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!

I shall not!

Instead of Ros we could of had Iron Hand as the commander of the city watch or even Wex (Theons squire), who is actually incredibly important to the books

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

letting Manderly know that Rickon and Bran are still alive and that Rickon went to Skaggos, which helps to set up some pretty awesome cannibalism and Manderly pledging his support to Stannis if Davos can bring back Rickon

or we could have screen time for Selyse, Shireen and Patchface (Seylse important in book 5) and Patchfaces prophices being so awesome and correct.

Also Stannis having sex with Melisandre is ok as it is heavily implied to in the books, but the reasons are completely different.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

its to create the shadow babies that kill Renly and ser Cortnay Penrose not for a son

Not read any of this thread but I've just had this show recommended to me by a friend.

Few questions:

1) What is it about? Judging by the ad's I've seen its about war and its set in the past, something I like. I don't want any spoilers but like a brief overview would be appreciated.

2) What era is it set in?

3) Any good websites that stream it?

Rep on offer for those who help.

Not read any of this thread but I've just had this show recommended to me by a friend.

Few questions:

1) What is it about? Judging by the ad's I've seen its about war and its set in the past, something I like. I don't want any spoilers but like a brief overview would be appreciated.

The Sopranos with swords

Few questions:

It's set in a different world, Westeros, but for all intents and purposes it's middle ages. There were 7 seperate kingdoms on Westeros and they were all united as one under the control of the Iron Throne. The story follows the battle for control of the Iron throne.

Plenty of swords, politics, tits and a little bit of magic thrown in. The books are a lot better than the series though. Not sure about streaming but you can download them all in perfect quality here : EZTV - TV Torrents Online

I'm sold.

I wouldn't agree with that. Just comparing their first seasons; in my opinion, The Sopranos was much funnier, the dialogue was much better, the acting was on another level and the characterisation was incomparably superior - a character like Ned Stark would make David Chase weep.

It is good and worth watching, but it would be totally out of place among the second and third tier of great television, never mind the very best like the Sopranos.

Was Mr Nando advocating ditching Ros? No wonder he's red is all I'll say.

Pretty much.

I just think there is more than enough actual sex in the books that they don't need to add extra in..... especially at the expense of real characters.

Few questions:

Mainly political intrigue lots of fighting(not much has been shown so far in the series though, pretty much like Rome) set on the back drop of the eternal battle between ice and fire (magic).

Matins world is fantastic most of his characters are grey ie. not good or bad.

He has no qualms about killing of main/important characters.

Level of technology in Westeros is around that of 15th Century.

War of the Roses was one of the eras in history that inspired Martin.

The best website for all links imo is Tv-Links : Free Movies links, Watch Tv Shows links online, Anime, Documentaries

best links are gorillavid, putlocker, sockshare in that order.

Mainly political intrigue lots of fighting(not much has been shown so far in the series though, pretty much like Rome)

There isn't a great deal of fighting(battles) in the books really. Well 3/4 of the way through 5.

There isn't a great deal of fighting(battles) in the books really. Well 3/4 of the way through 5.

There is when you compare it to the series.

We missed the Whispering Wood and the the Battle of the Green Fork last season.

So that is two battles to er none.

This season we will be getting Ser Amory Lorch vs Yoren (which I hope they don't change to a fight with the goldcloaks) Battle of the Blackwater and the Fist of the First Men

The Whispering wood was hardly mentioned in the book in terms of a graphic description. I meant no real rolling battle scenes described in the books. I remember the battle of the Green Fork wasn't that were Tyrion was the hero? Probably very expensive to recreate on screen.

Another wasted opportunity for some decent action in the series.

It's amazing how Martin can describe the fight at the empty holdfast so well and yet the tv series manages to shit all over it.

Now i'm even more pissed off.

Ayra, Gendry, Hot Pie and Lommy in the wilderness was one of my favourite parts of a clash of kings. I suppose they needed the time for extra random tits.